It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to Test NASA Space Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Military to Test NASA Space Plane

dsc.discovery.com

Aug. 12, 2008 -- Just as NASA is going out of the reusable spaceship business, the military is sticking its toe in the proverbial waters with a hand-me-down program salvaged from the cutting room floor.

The U.S. Air Force is a bit vague on details, but the gist of the plan is this: Sometime in December, an unmanned Atlas 5 rocket is to blast off from Cape Canaveral, Fla., carrying a prototype spaceship called the X-37B into orbit.

The experimental craft (that's what the X stands for) is to spend an undetermined number of days in space, circling the planet, before landing autonomously at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yeah, like they don't already have this in use as I type this. is there any known corner of the universe that the military has not already gotten their sticky hands all over?

dsc.discovery.com

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The real disconnect here is the notion that is presented by the title. The meme that NASA is a civilian agency is still being promoted.

The title should say "Military to test Military space plane".

It's not like NASA isn't subordinate to the DoD.

Still it's a good article - thanks for posting it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by no name needed

Yeah, like they don't already have this in use as I type this. is there any known corner of the universe that the military has not already gotten their sticky hands all over?

dsc.discovery.com

You can be sure they have stuff far ahead of this crap. They're just trying to put on a false front and make us think that this is their current level of technology. We're hundreds of years ahead of this.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Something posted on this very topic already
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join