It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia must act to end Georgian crisis: Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Russia must act to end Georgian crisis: Bush

news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca

"To begin to repair the damage to its relations with the United States and Europe and other nations ... Russia must keep its word and act to end this crisis," Bush said Wednesday in Washington.

He announced two steps by the U.S.:

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will travel first to Paris for a meeting with France's President Nicholas Sarkozy, then Georgia, to express "America's unwavering support" for the democratically-elected government of President Mikhail Saakashvili
The U.S. military has dispatched a C-17 cargo aircraft, loaded with humanitarian supplies, to Georgia
"This mission will be vigorous and ongoing," Bush said, adding naval forces will be also be used to deliver aid.
Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
US, allies weigh punishment for Russia

Mod Edit - trimmed quoted material to ATS Guidlines.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So let me get this strait. The US is going to send aid to an occupied country using troops to deliver them while shots are still being fired? Are they insane? Then Bush is basically demanding that Russia should do as they are told and stand down.

Also now they are talking about kicking Russia out of the G8?

All this is going to take is one bullet fired at an American soldier delivering aid and WWIII here we come.

Is Bush hoping this will happen? Or is the US seeing this as an opportunity to further their agenda in Iran?

I dont have a good feeling about any of this.

news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Well, the decider is afraid of horses but not afraid of making strategic blunders that kill thousands...and that is why people like Sean Hannity praise him as one of our nation's greatest presidents.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

But still, i mean does noone see anything wrong with this? It will either re-ignite the cold war, or lead to large scale conflict the likes of which we have never seen. Both sides, Russia and US are instigating something big here. We havent seen this kind of behaviour since the height of the cold war.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And whats with all this vigorous and ongoing crap all about? Do they plan on a long term "aid" effort, in which they will have time to perform black ops on neighboring countries?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

It does, it has contrived false-flag all over it. Its like a couple of kids playing football on a field, and one nerd walks through the field-of-play and get clipped and starts screaming "didn't you see me walking through?!"

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've deliberately stayed off ATS for a week to soften this rant...

So let me get this straight:
Georgia attacks russian citizens (& declares war against Russia?)
Russia DEFENDS it's ctizens.

THEN:
President Bush, the guy who ordered an INVASION against a sovereign state has the cheek to open his dirty mouth to criticise Russia???
Is the man insane???
The worse thing is, he's speaking in the name of 'the west' and the American people'. I'm european and he sure ain't speaking for me!

And now he is sending 'humanitarien' troops down into the danger zone and pretending to be some peaceloving kind person!?

I feel sorry for the poor but brave american soldiers that have to follow this idiotic order. It has nothing to do with the outside world. It is an internal matter and the fighting has stopped, now it is up to the 2 nations to sort out. (With the help of diplomats, who have been asked to help!)

I do hope Georgia doesn't break the ceasefire agreement, I don't believe Russia will.
But a possible WWIII won't be started by Russia,, no matter what the MSM will tell us.

Good luck us all,

Samuel

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Exactly, its like sending the kid at the driving range out to collect the balls off the field while 50 people are still hitting balls. Eventually one will hit him. I mean it is common sense.

A scary scenario that i thought of on my way home, what if the US, or Georgia, or another group of some sort, pulls off one of Hitler's old tactics and attacks US soldiers delivering aid wearing Russian uniforms? I mean Russia doesnt even have to provoke the US into war, it can easily be achieved using dirty tactics such as this.

new topics

top topics

join