It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If anything, this year has been mild...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi All. I'm a bit north of Dallas and I notice that this year, in terms of both temperature and weather patterns, has been unusually mild.

Normally we get very bad storms through the springtime. Perhaps ten a year that are bad enough for the sirens to go off is normal. Sometimes they spout tornados which can be quite damaging, such as the one that partially destroyed Downtown Ft Worth.

This year there have been perhaps three storms that have come close to causing damage in the whole Metroplex; none of these were even severe in my town at all. Typically there is a lot of rain in those months, but it was scanty.

The temperetures overall have been mild as well. So far the summer months have been mostly in the high 90s or very low 100s. Right now it's about 9o out, so we're really getting a break!

We did have a few days about two weeks back when the tempeture topped out at about 108, but that is not outside the normal range of possibilities. The only unusual thing is that the highest summer tempetures usually come in late August.

Then of course early this year it snowed 7 inches... it was very wet and heavy snow, too, the most I've ever seen here!

Just thought I'd share this, I don't know if all of this is for better or worse, but the break from normal patterns was interesting to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I used to live about an hour north of dallas, close to the red river. we would watch the storms form right over heads and move south. Beautiful area.

Things have been pretty hot here in the austin area, but nothing bad in the way of storms.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
I used to live about an hour north of dallas, close to the red river. we would watch the storms form right over heads and move south. Beautiful area.

Things have been pretty hot here in the austin area, but nothing bad in the way of storms.

Without being to specific on a public post, I think we lived in the exact same area!

Unfortunately it's starting to get a lot more built up.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
here in the UK i think we might be having all your rain and storms !! lol

for the last 2 years we have been having very humid wet summers, lots of heavy flash flood storms. and there has been huge towering convective clouds, and normally we dont have that type of cloud here in the UK.

my 2p

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yeah, they were building up a lot when we finally left. A shame because it was a beautiful place for those that love nature.... including the weather.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
here in the UK i think we might be having all your rain and storms !! lol

for the last 2 years we have been having very humid wet summers, lots of heavy flash flood storms. and there has been huge towering convective clouds, and normally we dont have that type of cloud here in the UK.

my 2p

snoopyuk

And I remember when you guys had an earthquake too! that was strange.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here in mid-state New York, we have had rain (thunder storms) virtually every day this summer. Something I have never witnessed. And except for about 3 or 4 days when it got in the 90's, it's been very mild. upper 70's to lower 80's.

Sure isn't getting hotter.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

yes , we sure did, it was 14 miles from where i live, it was crazy to be honest, as it was quite strong.

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

it would be so nice to go for a walk without being dressed head to toe in got-tex

m x

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

yes , we sure did, it was 14 miles from where i live, it was crazy to be honest, as it was quite strong.

snoopyuk

At the time I had a friend who lived in Faversham, I remember being quite concerned because he didn't answer phone or email immediately after.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
faversham, is near to me, we didnt feel it much here. but it is a concern, there does seem to be more global tectonic activity happening of late, as well as unpredictable weather.
m x

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by morganathefey
faversham, is near to me, we didnt feel it much here. but it is a concern, there does seem to be more global tectonic activity happening of late, as well as unpredictable weather.
m x

I can't personally vouch for the tectonic plates being active or not, since there are no faults around me.

I think the increase of earthquakes may be somewhat less than we imagine, since our technology to detect them has also increased. I do think the it's there, though.

top topics

join