It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Waste of Time & Money

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

You make some interesting points and I can definitely see where you're coming from, however, I think that to stop looking for other forms of life would be absurd! when Copernicus first proposed that the Sun was at the centre of the solar system he too receieved a lot of doubt and as a concequence suffered judgement throughout his life, but his discovery created a breakthrough for mankind and is heavily appreciated in modern society! In context, even though SETI requires funding, the truth that we will uncover will be of great value for us and the future. I also think that evidence of extra terrestrial life is becoming more and more evident, so hopefully evidence will begin to show.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I used to "donate" CPU time to SETI until one day I got a file that seemed to me it had detected a signal (probably a Satellite, TV station or something like that, I think they call it "Narrowband Interference"). When the program started to analyze the file, it showed very high bars and thick in the middle of the 3D graph, after a few seconds of analyzing the file, the program stopped and sent the results back and got a new file to analyze...

The thing is, I never saw the results published from SETI... So I just uninstalled the program. I don't trust them, they should say if it was a satellite, a microwave oven or interference or whatever, that would add more transparency to the organization.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: virraszto
I think either SETI is a distraction to ease peoples minds that if they haven't picked up a signal, then there are no aliens. However, if aliens do all their communicating telepathically, how do they expect to pick up any signals?

I agree SETI is a waste of time and money. Instead of them listening, they should be watching the skies. Set up the best video equipment and start rolling.
good point

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join