It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Function

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hello!

This is a suggestion, which I feel might make ATS a little more interesting...

So, I have seen may threads which are 'Polls' or taking account of how may people agree or disagree, or believe or not believe in a topic. Sometimes these could be 'trolls' or commonly known as 'trolling for points (ATS)'. What I suggest, I don't know how much work or upkeep it would have to be, it either a daily or weekly poll function, or a poll forum.

A daily/weekly poll function on the home page could allow members to vote on a hot topic of that week, and could see the most common belief among the members. It would be very interesting to see what everyone else is thinking.

Or a poll forum, where members could create poll 'threads' where they pose a question, and to 'post' a member could select one of five options for a poll.

I don't know if this is feasible or practical. I was just browsing the net and found some forum sites had similar functions. It could add more to ATS and give us a general opinion.

I would be interested to hear what others think of this?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We had poll threads back in 2004.

After much abuse and the infamous "is this member gay?" polls ended up with them being removed. You are not the first member who has asked for their return, it is a regular question to the administration.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ah, Thank you for replying.

That is sad that people have abused a good tool. It was worth asking.
Thanks

truth_seeker3

join