It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks for checking out the Archives!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This thread is a thank you to all the members who have checked out the Government Document Archive. A lot of us have put in a number of hours on that project and it's satisfying to see people discussing the many interesting reports made available by the Freedom of Information Act.

Posting is contagious. For this reason, it is tempting (for all of us) to post in the higher traffic Alien/UFO Forum. So cheers to those who have ventured into the FOIA Archive and posted your thoughts. A forum is only as good as the participation in it!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I completely echo that sentiment Scramjet.

Good call.

Flagged.

Some of the files still in the archive are just soooooo in depth though, aint they?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

Thanks MGGG.

A lot of those documents are pretty detailed. I encourage all members to not consider comments from archivists as the "final word" on any one document. We are only human and therefore able to miss some important information.

Besides watching our backs there is a wealth of interesting information...

Think you have the facts on Antimatter Propulsion? Join the discussion here:
FOIA: Antimatter Propulsion

What about a document from 1986 admitting there is water on Mars?

Join the discussion here:
FOIA: A Lunar Laboratory - 1986 - future lunar science, astronomy and science in space

Over 100 pages on the FBI investigation of Cattle Mutilations. Some feel these strange stories were evidence of chemical/biological warefare research. Such research was banned decades ago, yet mutilations have continued. Rogue science organizations? Secret government? Aliens? The FBI couldn't figure it out can you?
FOIA: Cattle Mutilation Investigation - FBI Files

If that isn't motivation enough, I'm sure the staff will happily give out applauses to those who help generate more activity (in the FOIA Forum) through quality contributions.

We went people to come to ATS and see high participation and good discussion supported by actual government documents! IMO that is better than people who don't know about ATS coming here and reading about the Clintons secretly being blood sucking reptilians hell-bent on ruling the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Flagged!!

I think if people really knew what was in some of those docs from "way back when" there would be more visitors!!

[edit on 18/8/2008 by shearder]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thanks shearder

If we can get enough replies or flags (on a thread in the gov't archives) to make the ATS front page... I think that would look very good to intelligent skeptics and those unfamiliar with conspiracy topics.

top topics

join