It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the consuqences for breaking into the Skull and Bones HQ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Okay,

1. Alexandra Robbins would agree with Sebatwerk and I. That The Skull & Bones Society is nothing more than a college social club. They do indeed have many skulls and other creepy stuff, but its just for fun.

2. It is true that MANY Fraternitys have skulls and human bones around from a long time ago. I'm talking the late 1800s. This typs of thing was common.

3. The Skull & Bones members only enjoy high positions because of their success at Yale and their friendly connections in family and college. Alos, not all are in poitions of power.

4. If you think that Bush won the FL election because of Skull & Bones membership: you are foolish because John Kerry is also a Skull & Bones memeber.

5. I know a girl that was in a Yale secret society, and their is nothing too them except for fun and friendship. And super secret creepy stuff!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
don't get me wrong, i'm loving this debate with no name calling so far

1. Alexandra Robbins would agree with Sebatwerk and I. That The Skull & Bones Society is nothing more than a college social club. They do indeed have many skulls and other creepy stuff, but its just for fun.

may i beg to differ ? and i quote
www.secretsofthetomb.com...

" This purpose has driven Bonesmen to ascend to the top levels of so many fields that, as one historian observes, "at any one time The Order can call on members in any area of American society to do what has to be done." Several Bonesmen have been senators, congressmen, Supreme Court justices, and cabinet officials. There is a Bones cell in the CIA, which uses Skull and Bones as a recruiting ground because the members are so obviously adept at keeping secrets. Society members dominate financial institutions such as J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, and Brown Brothers Harriman, where at one time more than a third of the partners were Bonesmen. Through these companies, Skull and Bones provided financial backing to Adolf Hitler because the society then followed a Nazi - and now follows a neo-Nazi - doctrine. At least one dozen Bonesmen have been linked to the Federal Reserve, including the first Chairman of the New York Federal Reserve. Skull and Bones members control the wealth of the Rockefeller, Carnegie, and Ford families."

which begs the question, what purpose ?

" They are taught that once they get out into the world, they are expected to reach positions of prominence so that they can further elevate the society's status and help promote the standing of their fellow Bonesmen

score one for SHP

[edit on 9-6-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
" They are taught that once they get out into the world, they are expected to reach positions of prominence so that they can further elevate the society's status and help promote the standing of their fellow Bonesmen

...and you actually believe this?

Why would ANY member care about the fraternity once they're out of college? The only time that bonesmen are active members are during their senior college year.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
4. If you think that Bush won the FL election because of Skull & Bones membership: you are foolish because John Kerry is also a Skull & Bones memeber.

Think about that for a second. Think REAL hard. S&B wanted Bush to win, Kerry couldn't care less if he had won or lost. Kerry was just there for the ride, to "stand in" so to speak, so no one could interfere with their agenda. It was pretty obvious that Kerry was a perfect candidate to cleverly divert attention on the important issues that our country faces. Kerry was the complete opposite to Bush when it came to intelligence, he articulated his message clearly and he even looked presidential. What better way to divide this country than to have two complete opposite personalities? But that doesn't matter because George Bush Jr. and Sr. have unfinished business and it's not all pretty. Do you really want our presidents chosen through secret societies? Where we have no say? No choices? You don't see anything wrong with that? Do you really think our votes count? No! It's all fixed!

5. I know a girl that was in a Yale secret society, and their is nothing too them except for fun and friendship. And super secret creepy stuff!

Oh yeah? Super secret creepy stuff, huh? And you find that funny? You find that acceptable in our society? Can you be this naive to believe that it's all fun and games? Do you really think she's gonna tell you what's really going on in there? Of course not.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Why would ANY member care about the fraternity once they're out of college? The only time that bonesmen are active members are during their senior college year.

thanks for making my point for me. The math is staggering, and the facts and results inescapable. How can one single "frat" from one school get its alumni in extremely high positions of international insitutions if they aren't specifically promoting other bonesman ? it defies logic to think this is accidental.....

to wit....

www.oilempire.us...
February 11, 2004—Despite the publicity in recent years, Skull & Bones is not a household name. Even those Americans who have heard of Yale's oldest and most secretive society tend to dismiss it as nothing more than just another college fraternity.
Kris Millegan has done a masterful job in assembling and compiling what is known about Skull & Bones, including writing several chapters of his own, in "Fleshing Out Skull & Bones: Investigations into America's Most Powerful Secret Society"--so masterful that it may be more than you ever wanted to know about this secret society, its history, and the history of the secret, but nowhere as influential, societies born in its wake.
To date, three Bonesmen have occupied the White House: William Howard Taft, George Herbert Walker Bush and George Walker Bush. Also from the ranks of Skull & Bones have come two chief justices of the Supreme Court, more than 20 senators and members of the House, cabinet officers, judges and state officials, in addition to captains of banking and industry.
This is not just another old boys' (and now girls') network. It is a network extraordinaire in all American history, which may surpass even that of the Freemasons. One difference between members of Skull & Bones and Masons is that the former are forbidden from publicly acknowledging their membership in Bones.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I joined a fraternity in my senior year in college....Gamma Theta Phi just to
see if I could endure the "test"....so to speak. The funny thing is that the
adversity shared by all members during the initiation provides a bond that
does last a lifetime... oddly enough. Although individuals walk in different
paths in society, the kinship does create the true notion of "fraternity"
amongst brothers.
With regards to breaking and entering anywhere.....well let's just all be
advised to "think of the end of the beginning"......The mention of it is really
quite ludicrous...imho..........

[edit on 9-6-2005 by lashlarue]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Whats the "Skull and Bones"

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Sebatwerk! What are you saying!!

I am in a college fraternity and I meet adult members all the time. They give money and support to our fraternity. We issue news-letters and get wide response. Please, not all fraternities are "just for time in college" many Brothers in many fraternitys care for thier houses for life. My father still supports his. Same with my mother who is in KAO.

In Skull & Bones thursday is always open to grad members.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
Whats the "Skull and Bones"

Dude, the Skull & Bones is a college social club for seniors at Yale. It is very secret but it is a fraternity with fun stuff and creepy skulls.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I am in a college fraternity and I meet adult members all the time. They give money and support to our fraternity. We issue news-letters and get wide response. Please, not all fraternities are "just for time in college" many Brothers in many fraternitys care for thier houses for life. My father still supports his. Same with my mother who is in KAO.

Did I say that graduates don't have anything to do with their college frats? Or did I simply say that the only ones who are ACTIVE members are the students? I never said that a graduate has NOTHING to do with his former college frat, but a former bonesman who's now president would not be working only to advance the agenda of his former college frat!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
SHP, I too enjopy this debate, and find nmae calling unplesant.

The quote that you found only proves that the purpose of the Skull & Bones Society is too help other members find jobs and success. This in turn will help the Skull & Bones be more respected and make many more want to join. This will insure that the Skull & Bones will in turn be supported by these grads, and the club will live on. Nothing evil in that at all.

Score one for Boatphone

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You said "care about", and yes many do. Even Bonesmen, but I agree they have more important things to think about than there college frats.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Think about that for a second. Think REAL hard. S&B wanted Bush to win, Kerry couldn't care less if he had won or lost. Kerry was just there for the ride, to "stand in" so to speak, so no one could interfere with their agenda. It was pretty obvious that Kerry was a perfect candidate to cleverly divert attention on the important issues that our country faces. Kerry was the complete opposite to Bush when it came to intelligence, he articulated his message clearly and he even looked presidential. What better way to divide this country than to have two complete opposite personalities? But that doesn't matter because George Bush Jr. and Sr. have unfinished business and it's not all pretty. Do you really want our presidents chosen through secret societies? Where we have no say? No choices? You don't see anything wrong with that? Do you really think our votes count? No! It's all fixed!

Yeah and don't forget those EVIL Masons and their EVIL practices. One day I was riding my bike down the street where the local Mason lodge was and as I passed by I saw these strange lights. I walked up to the door and I was surprised that it was still open. I crept in slowly and saw this big tarp with a pentagram on it and this Mason had a ceremonial sword and me and him fought on the roof. I think he was like one of those rare 1,000,000,000,000 Degree Masons. You know, the ones that can talk to Lucifer and invite him over for dinner. After 6 hours of fighting he stopped and went back inside.

Oh yeah? Super secret creepy stuff, huh? And you find that funny? You find that acceptable in our society? Can you be this naive to believe that it's all fun and games? Do you really think she's gonna tell you what's really going on in there? Of course not.

Hell yeah it's funny. It is just a college fraternity, nothing to be too scared of.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yes, we live in a free society. If people want to form a club that helps each other out, and has creepy stuff and a cool club house thats fine. Why, would it not be?

Who are you to say what people can do in there own private clubs?

I know this person very well she is not evil, I think you just don't know anything about college social clubs, or you are just insane.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Boatphone]

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

or you are just insane.

Do you think you could have made your point without this?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's true; sorry to all.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
No worries, but still.

It is completely unnecessary though to start "tripping out" over a college frat. The pose no threat what so ever to society unless you have a phobia from drunk college boys.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
No worries, but still.

It is completely unnecessary though to start "tripping out" over a college frat. The pose no threat what so ever to society unless you have a phobia from drunk college boys.

I agree, my view is that the Skull & Bones are just fine. All they want is to enjoy their own club and the connections that come with it.

Thanks to all for a great debate!

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I agree, my view is that the Skull & Bones are just fine. All they want is to enjoy their own club and the connections that come with it.

More like a spot of college fun if anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I'm not sure what members think they are getting out of s&b. For all we know, they might honestly think that they are part of something bigger. I highly dooubt that bonesmen truly know why they are supposed to keep everything to secret. They may believe its because there are groups of people who seek to chastise them, but they don't understand that they seek to chastise them because of the secrecy! I don't know... maybe not.

All in all, I DO know that all we know is that Skull and Bones is nothing more than a secretive debate society. We don't have good reason to think anything more. There are several SECRETIVE societies at Yale, s&b receives all the attention only because of its membership.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join