It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how did ` bigfoot ` escape the first white settlers ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
@ Dave420 : some think that BigFoot could be living " in " earth ...
Why not ? Not to say that Earth is hollow , but BF could find some very very big caves , build some sort of civilisation , and so be quite elusive ...
Just my two Euros ...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Anythings possible I guess.

This is what came to mind with your reference to a BF War..

in 1924 involved a group of miners near Mount St. Helens, Washington. The story goes that the miners spotted a Bigfoot and shot at it, apparently killing the animal. That night their cabin was surrounded by the creature's friends. They proceeded to throw stones at the building, pound on the walls and climb on the roof. The attack continued till dawn. The next day the miners packed up and abandoned the mine. The place is now called Ape Canyon (years later a miner came forward swearing he'd been the one throwing rocks at the cabin as a joke).

I remembered this story since childhood, first hearing about it in a documentary on TV.

Different place and different setting, and never validated... but it still to this day, rings the possibility that it actually happened.

True or not, it got my attention and has kept it for many years.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by guerande

Because seismology, which uses pressure waves travelling through the centre of the earth, could not measure earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, atomic test blasts, the falling of the WTC, as accurately as they can if the earth was hollow. Not to mention the fact that we understand how plate tectonics work, and that requires the core of the earth to be molten rock with an iron core. Not to mention the fact that we'd have a LOT less gravity if the earth was hollow - which would mean a thinner atmosphere, meaning no life on earth. If we're here, the earth is not hollow.

The "hollow earth" theory isn't even a theory, but a stab in the dark by people looking to find some mystery in a world they think is cold and logical. Which is true - the world is cold and logical. And most folks like it that way

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
more about "ape canyon"

1963 newspaper article

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

I was watching History Channels "Monster Quest" episode about big foot, last night, and they had a couple of interesting bits of info.

The first was an archealogical site at a 1000 year old native american village site on the Tule river in central california.
A wide variety of pictograms were discovered there, life sized pictograms
of the native and local fauna. There are pictures of birds and coyotes and deer/elk and so on all life sized and in the proper scale for the human figures.
But there are a couple of 7+ foot tall pictograms representing what the local tule river tribe , called"the Hairy Man". The Hairy Man

The tule river is the river that drains the area, in which a bigfoot was supposedly captured in the late 1800's, that was mentioned in my earlier post referencing the sorty in my fathers old history book.
And secondly the childs warning that is given in the story linked above is essentially the same one my uncle used to tell me when I was young and would go out roaming the woods by myself.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I read a story about a bigfoot around 7 foot something up on I-5 either in california or washington back in the 70s or 80s. The bigfoot was crossing the I-5 interstate and people in cars were slowing down as it stood in traffice looking at the cars going by. Than an off duty highway patrol or maybe he was on duty, I can't recall, slowed down and came up on bigfoot standing in the center of the interstate. The cop said he pulled up on it and the bigfoot looked down at the guy in his car. The cop said he had to be at least 7 foot or more tall.

Anyone have a link on that story. I tried to look it up but come up empty handed on the event.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I live in British Columbia, Canada...

I have spent much of my life staring and venturing into the daunting wilderness that surrounds me and one main understanding has come of this that understanding is respect for its secrets that it keeps; secret i dare not understand.

A few years back my Grandfather and I went on a camping trip deep into the regions surrounding Terrace a relativly untouched region when compared to that of Illinois, USA. A few days into our trip we encountered a large beast-man who's presence was both commanding and terrifying, The beast-man was tall 7-8 feet and easily 300-350 pounds if not more, He seemed to just suddenly appear infront of us although he was covered in thick brown fur and hardley blended in. The beast-man who was no more then 20 feet away from my grandfather and me stopped cold just as we had noticed him ( if he had kept moving we would never have witnessed him )

Upright he cocked his head slightly towards us so that he could make our shapes out and to his dismay discovered that we did not naturally belong to this forrest. He began to grunt and make fast whistleing sounds; sounds which where so varried they seemed to make up communication of a sort that i have not hered since but sticks with me to this day. He also permiated a strong smell that of a large wet dog but..different in its own unique way. I finally got my barrings and blinked for the first time in the longest 30 second of my life. Just as i started to realize what i had seen; a creature of genuine myth and legend. He vanished scurying off into the brush at medium speed almost to show us he was not scared of us but merley did not approve of us.

Through this whole ordeal I not for one second thought to grab my camera that was around my neck. I can understand why there are no pictures of this beast-man because of what witnesing it instills in you having seen it first hand.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thats very interesting, was there anything different about the environment around where you encountered the bigfoot?
or was it just a really big hairy dog?

What was your grandfathers reaction?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Actually, there are plenty of traditional stories by indigenous peoples on the west coast that predate the european arrival, and indicate native americans and Bigfoot (Sasquatch) had many encounters - some disasterous for the natives, others for the Sasquatch. But nearly all pre-european reports/stories seem to come out of the west from what I've read. There could be other stories from the east - but I've yet to find any.

Does this answer your question? No, not really. But, remember: it was a long time before white men made it to the west coast in any numbers - and native americans already had access to horses and guns by the time they did arrive. The traded with the white fur traders to get the technonlogy. So, with that in mind, it's concievable that Sasquatch had several decades to 'learn' about guns before the whites ever arrived...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Bigfoot has the ability to adapt to environments and hunting tactics or so people say. A creature like Bigfoot could easily avoid or simply antagonize other hunters. Bigfoot is supposed to be huge and harry with allot of muscle so it would not be very easy to hunt something like a Bigfoot. Hunters today with modern weapons have trouble hunting Bigfoot. They would have killed one by now if it was as easy as you hope it would be. NOTE:Bigfoot just wants to be left alone and he is supposed to be very intelligent.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Fascinating thread.
I think Bigfoot may be the missing link scientists have been looking for.
Unfortunately, as far as modern man is concerned, still no link to find.
Most likely because we were made by aliens

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join