It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did YOU want to be when you Grew Up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Never thought about what I wanted to be, when people asked me what I wanted to be, I didn't know. I simply like being me, and wherever life takes me, I go.

When I see people who want to be something, it's odd, they want be defined by that something, but you are not defined as a doctor, a fireman etc, you are you.
Now I'm confused lol.

Edit: I do recall wanting to be a racing driver. And I've always wanted power, like being able to fly

[edit on 13-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

I get EXACTLY what you mean, but these days it pays to be payed. Now im confused lol

Originally posted by CA_Orot
When I was younger, I remember telling my dad I wanted to be a Waitress - because I loved restaurants and I loved waitresses. They were also so nice to me, gave me coloring pages and crayons lol.

My dad told me "Own the restaurant, and you can be a waitress if you want to, not because you have to."

I had NO idea what he meant until I got older. Since I was knee-high to a duck I wanted to have my own restaurant. The type of restuarant changes often - perhaps one day I'll own more than one. I don't want one right now - the timinig isn't right. But one day, I'll have one.

Right now however, I am in school for Psychology. I haven't decided if I want to be a Psychologist, or a Lawyer. We'll see, I'm going to wait and see after I finish the degree - then I'll decide which field I'm going to continue studying.

You know what, I was in the exact same place. Except I was told wanting to be an actor would turn me gay (conservative parents). lol

Best to take your time, you may find that after you get your degrees you may just want to teach rather then practice, or that you'll find a sudden interest in some thing else spurts.

I guess what Im trying to say is, as long as you have some sort of security, you should be ok, such as family or a steady job etc or in your case the degree which when you complete can get you a job any way.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

You know an actor is something I wouldn't mind, you know not a HUGE hollywood actor, but maybe an actor in a great tv series or something. e.g Lost, battlestar galactica etc

How did you start?

[edit on 14-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I sucked at all sports, was suffering from Asthma as a kid. Had a wild imagination, and charisma (not too seem too full of it). Seemed the logical path to take from there really, as a hobby. Got a small break at about 17 years old, since then been pursuing it on and off. Few things here and there, its a form of expression at times.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Pilot...no..... AVIATOR... professional.
Only 16 so I have plenty of time. Thinking about Airforce now, not sure if it's right for me... in the 99.99% chance I do not get accepted then I'll do it as a civillian.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join