It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicities in Life....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
So, while I was watching a show by David Wilcox called 2012 Enigma, he talks about something called synchronicities. He suggested that certain things in our life will line up and become more obvious as we progress closer to 2012. I thought it was an interesting idea, but never thought it would apply to me.

Not until the last few weeks, has my friend and I recognized increasing synchronicities between us. These have become blatant and easy to spot. I will outline what has happened between us, and maybe you can suggest that its chance or.. something else.

I don't remember the order in which these first two happened, but I remember exactly what happened.

First off, I smoke "fine tobacco". I had just got done rolling up some with a flavored wrap that I had bought at the smoke shop. I thought this flavor sounded interesting. This flavor was called "Kush". My friend came over, and I handed him the already rolled one, and we smoked it down. Then I handed him my bag of non-filled wraps and asked which one he wanted. He chose one and hid it from me because he wanted it to be a surprise. He had chosen a "Kush" flavor and we smoked that also!

It turns out that just before he came to my place he had been at said smokeshop and was looking at the flavored wraps, and had wanted to buy a "Kush" flavor, but for some reason didn't. So, thats what I gave him the moment he came in, which was what he was wanting, and what he had chosen to have next. He didn't know that I had already given him a Kush flavor, it was just a weird coincidence. They say things come in threes....

The next, my friend is calling me while I'm watching a movie. The moment I pick up the phone he says "Hold ON" .... "Rocky! Get back in here!" I guess he was yelling at his dog to do something. I had never known the name of his dog before. This was the only time he has yelled for his dogs to do something while I'm on the phone with him. Well, when he gets back on the phone we talk for a second. Then he asks what I'm watching on TV.. I say "Rocky".

I was actually watching the new Rocky movie (the one where he's like 80 years old fighting). He brought up that it was weird for him to yell out Rocky like that just at the time that I'm watching that movie. I also thought it was a neat coincidence.

This third one, I actually have to be a little vulgar to explain it in detail. Yesterday he was telling me a story about this woman and how she came out of the blue and said that she was "fisted". I'm not going to go into the full story, but its quite humorous. I told him thats quite odd, because just Yesterday I ran into that word accidentally also. I mean, how often do you run into that word?

I was opening up an adult video and I thought it said "First something-or-rather", but it ended up being Fist -something-or-rather. It was quite a disturbing video. This was the first time I had talked about this in YEARS in any shape or form to anyone. We thought it was a weird coincidence. But then, we delved a little deeper.

He asked me about what time I saw that. I said it was about 4 or 5pm. He had his story told to him at just about 4pm on the same day. So, we had the same weird story with something we don't normally run across at the same time on the same day.... Hmmm....

Okay so a little after the fist story, we're talking about movies and movie trailers. The subject of the movie "Mirror" or "Mirrors" whatever it is comes up. I mention seeing the trailer, and how it looks amazing. We quickly talk about parallel universes and mirrors and such. Then after about 20-25 minutes I completely forget about the mirror conversation. I was quite inebriated at the time.

Well, we were having a conversation about something, and I realized I was scratching my forehead in a weird way. This wasn't a normal action for me. For some reason my arm was draped from the back of my head to the front scratching my forehead. My friend and I are locked in eye contact talking, and I notice that he's doing the same exact thing.

But, then I say to myself... "No, he's not doing the same exact thing, it was a mirror image". I bring that up to him, and it turns out to be quite a surreal situation. I mention how I had totally forgotten about the Mirror conversation, but that its totally brought itself back up. I had also gotten a very weird feeling while I was scratching my forehead and noticing that he was doing it too. There was something odd going on here.

But, we trip out talking about mirror image, and how that's quite a coincidence. We have never mimicked each others actions or anything similar, so this was not commonplace.

Again, I'm not sure anything Paranormal is going on. But, we're having many coincidental things happen to us in the period of about two weeks.

Has anyone else had any ODD coincidences happen?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It happens on a daily basis for me, from the time I wake up to the time I'm going back to bed. And it's been increasing lately, not because I've just started taking notice in the past year (I would have noticed experienced multiple coincidences daily). I can't believe some of the things that have happened to me over the past year. Since this has been going on, I've been paying more attention, and it's becoming quite clear there's more to life than the same old day to day BS routine. It's becoming as though I'm tapping into something, but whatever it is I have no idea. It's also becoming my goal to find out what's going on before it's too late (either for me, or for the world).

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yesterday, I got off work and was driving home. I was listening to the Adam Carolla show and he was doing an interview with Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown from Back to the Future). It was about a 5 minute interview. At about 4 minutes into the interview, I was stuck at a red light and a Delorian goes through the intersection right in front of me.

What are the odds of that happening? I have probably seen 2 or 3 Delorians in my entire life. I have never heard Christopher Lloyd do an interview before (for obvious reasons if you heard him).

I have had many other examples (This thread being one.....) recently.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
heres another stoned-silly-synchronized-coincidence for you OP..

i smoke fine tobacco too, and use Kush incense, its my favorite and the only kind I buy. And my nickname, which is my real first name shortened with something added to it, the nickname my parents and everyone always has called me, my unofficial NAME since birth, the name I respond to, is Rocky. :-\

Yes I know it is commonly the name of a dog. In Chinese Astrology, I was born in the year of the Dog, or my sign is the Dog, or both.

All Dogs really like me alot too, even ones that normally attack strangers..
And my favorite animal besides the female human is the feline species..

[edit on 8/13/2008 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Very weird Karl...

My friend's dad owns a Delorian, but its the only one I have ever seen.
I would definitely think it was unusual to hear Doc on the radio while seeing one drive right in front of me.

The chances of both happening at the same time have to be astronomical.

I just watched Back to the Future 1 again a few weeks ago. It was a good movie, but no where near as good as I remember it being.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

This happened to me and a friend aswell the other night at work also
i was talking to him about a few random subjects in books and that that i had read in the past when i mentioned to him about a book i had read a few years back and an account in this book when they tell a tale from another book whenever they do this in a book if its something that interests me i try to get hold of a copy of the other book or books thats mentioned in the first book anyway i told him the tale that was from the book i had read and after a few minutes of hard thinking remembered what the book was called that was mentioned in the first book 'The sacred mushroom' at that point i remembered that i wanted to get hold of a copy of this book but for some reason had forgotten all about it anyway our lunch break ended and we both went back to work
now me and my friend work in diffrent departments but the rooms are divided by glass anyway about half an hour later he starts banging on the glass and pressing the book he was reading to the glass pointing at something
the book he was readng was one i had never read before but do want to borrow it after he is finished with it
anyway the part on the page he was reading started to go in to detail about another book ....yep you guessed it 'the sacred mushroom'
really what are the odd's on that anyway i think it was giving me a kick in the right direction to go out and get a copy of the book which i will soon be doing

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

.. I recognized many different synchronicities between my friends and me. I think if you like and understand each other you have very often something like synchronisities. But I also had that often at my work... f.e. I had to resolve a bigger task and I thinked about it hard ... sometimes couldn't find one result.. but excactly in that moment someone called (who has not really something to do with this and who did'nt know about that problem) and helped. Because he has one idea regarding the subject... But he or she telled it from allone; it didn't ask... (Hope you understand what I mean
)
Sometimes I recognized that I went to one place (maybe in another country) and at the same time someone I know is also there even though he or she didn't know that I am there..
And it is really .. interesting... You and me we had also something like synchronisty.... Because I talk about synchronisties some hours before you talk about it in another thread.....

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce
Very weird Karl...

My friend's dad owns a Delorian, but its the only one I have ever seen.
I would definitely think it was unusual to hear Doc on the radio while seeing one drive right in front of me.

The chances of both happening at the same time have to be astronomical.

I just watched Back to the Future 1 again a few weeks ago. It was a good movie, but no where near as good as I remember it being.
I think that is weird too Karl, There aren't very many of them left. I also have a friend that owns one. Wouldn't that be strange if it was my friend Mo that passed in front of you. I will have to watch for something new to add to this thread. I just found out that my mom lived in the same childhood city as Karlhungis) How's that for synchronicity.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Like I said it's a daily thing for me, I actually have a toy DeLorean on my desk right in front of my keyboard. It's a diecast Johnny Lightning version.

www.bttf.net...

I bought 2 at Universal Studios - 1 to play with and 1 to keep in the package

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Just thought I would add I have been seeing many cases of syncronisity in not just my life but those around me. The more you notice it the more you seem to get of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I had a step brother named Darren
they divorced and my step dad married a woman with a son named Daren
I dated a Daren
I married and divorced a Darrin
I married another Darrin
My dentist's name is Daren and he looks exactly like my dad Howard. HoWEIRD is that?

I am like Samantha in Bewitched.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Synchronicity is pretty cool.

When I was five we moved. The kid next door was seven and became my best friend and now is more like a brother. We've known each other for 30 years and we have that kind of stuff happen all the time. We smoke too, so maybe that has something to do with it. Sometimes it's saying the same thing at the same time (jinx!) or calling each other on the phone at the same time and not having it ring on either end. That's happened on multiple occassions. We've shared similar dreams and have had deja vu together at the same time. There's nothing stranger than looking at each other with that crazy look and saying simultaneously, "I just had deja-vu!" Weird stuff.

The most recent thing I can remember happened while we were about to play some xbox 360. We just finished up with our game enhancer when he looked at me and said "Dude!" I looked over and said "Don't say another word..." I reached down and started shuffling through our games (about 10) and he just smiled, knowing I already knew what game he wanted. Popped in some Ghost Recon (which we hadn't played in quite awhile) and it was the exact game he was about to suggest.

The power of Dude, like Synchronicity, cannot be denied.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
My Daughter had one the other day when we were sharing a packet of Potato chips while watching TV.
She chimed in how good it would be if a Potato chip manufacturer would actually bring out and sell Potato chips actually cooked in Olive Oil as it is far more healthier.
I quickly retorted,
"I highly doubt that would ever happen as the costs would be to expensive to produce.
And besides probably wouldnt see them in the near future!"
BOY was I dead wrong!
The very next day my Daughter was in at the local Supermarket and guess what a Potato Chip manufacturer had just brought out that very day a New line of Potato Chips cooked specially in OLIVE OIL. What the Heck I thought to myself. Though I was right they were more expensive by $1.50. But hey they tasted really nice. For those in AUS they are the REDROCK Deli chips-Rosemary and SeaSalt Flavour cooked in you guessed it OLIVE OIL

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Epsillion70]

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time. I was just on the phone talking about these odd coincidences.
They used to happen infrequently, but after focused meditation, it occurs at least 5-10 or more times a day, with all kinds of people or things that I read, see, or hear.

Happens a lot here in this forum too.

another example of how everything is connected.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is a fairly old thread, but I have to contribute...

About 3 months ago I was browsing ATS and read a thread about the Cushman caves in Arkansas. It was late at night, I even bookmarked it for some reason to check on later. The next day I'm in a chinese restaurant and an old man has a heart attack, I called 911 and an ambulance came etc. He ended up passing away at the hospital, and the weird part his first name was Cushman..

Now I enter this random thread about synchronicities (remembering that bad day) and it's about the OP talking about Kush! (The old man's wife and paramedics kept calling him Cush)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I believe that the more people in the world, the greater the chance for coincidence.
And who says we do not run off of energy frequencies?????

Peace...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My skepticism with things like this lie in their relative nature of being cognated "Number 23's." The more apt you are for finding eccentricities to be inner related, the more likely you will pick out and notice such occurrences, as I think another poster started to get at. Although this is a cool subject matter, I don't think that the OP's story is anything more than a cool story with many events that just happened to relatable to one another which anyone could find. Sorry to pull the skeptic card on this one guys... No offense to OP, I did enjoy the story nonetheless, very cool how all those events did take place so coincidentally (yet as nothing more).

Good read.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If you really want to explore synchronicity you need to read Jung. It is fascinating stuff and has happened many, many times in my life. Why? Your guess is as good as mine, but there must be a greater logic to these incidences somewhere. Perhaps trying to draw our subconsious attention to something?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
with so many different things you can pick out from day to day, things are bound to happen..

..i was watching some really bad sci fi movie, yesterday, and Doc was in it.

last week i had a conversation, why i couldnt paint my jeep chrome, and my mom said "thats why they had to make the deloreon out of brushed steel, chromes too shiney".

i see the kush thing, as a silly joke that your friend played while you were going to roll another "cigarette"

try this randomly..

when your watching tv next, randomly pick one commercial that you see, and think, what other things happened in my life that either have that product in it, or something like that.. you'll find out a lot about syncronicities and life by doing so

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I almost made a synchronicity thread, because
I totally had forgotten that I started this one
nearly three years ago.

Since then my life has been completely full
of synchronicities.

I will give two recent examples, both on the same day,
Within an hour of each other.

--------------

First, my mother and i were at a garage sale early
one morning. There was no one around, so we
were talking tv show theme songs.

It was my contention that " movin on up,
To the eastside, we finally got a piece of the pie" was
from Sanford and Sons. We even had a dollar riding on it!

Yes, it was stupid, and I realize how dumb I sound, but
now I know, lol.

Fifteen minutes later, a woman walks up to buy a random
item, and mentions how her husband hates her garage salesing,
Because its getting to look like sanford and sons.

We hadjust gotten finished talking about that before, she wasn't
around to hear us talk about it. Neat coincidence.

----------------------

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join