It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain supports Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Republican John McCain yesterday phoned Georgia's president to tell him that Americans are supporting his "brave little nation" against Russia's military attacks - and blasted Russian leader Vladimir Putin, whom he accused of wanting to restore the czarist empire.

"Of course we have to deal with Russia and we deal with Putin," McCain told WITF radio in Harrisburg, Pa. "But it has to be on a very realistic basis. And not one that there's any illusions about his ambitions. I think it's very clear that Russian ambitions are to restore the old Russian Empire. Not the Soviet Union, but the Russian Empire."

Source

I'm sure Russia isn't going to be fond of McCain's remarks. Is there going to be future tension in the near future between the US and Russia? You know it.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Of course McCain supports Georgia...one of his main campaign people is a lobbiest for Georgia...what do ya think he's gonna say...he can't even think for himself, or put two words together half the time. He supports who he's told to support...simple as that!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I think just about any US senator supports Georgia. If they haven't said so its because they are too scared to do so. This thread has little validity.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by paisley101
Of course McCain supports Georgia...one of his main campaign people is a lobbiest for Georgia...what do ya think he's gonna say...he can't even think for himself, or put two words together half the time. He supports who he's told to support...simple as that!

Exactly what I was about to say! Georgia owns McCain so of course he supports them.

new topics

top topics

join