Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

TA-ANALYSIS: France Says Bin Laden Nearly Caught

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
General Henri Bentegeat, France's Chief of Defence is saying that Osama Bin Laden was nearly caught and has closely escaped capture in Afghanistan. He did not provide a timeline, but suggested that that they were very closed on several occasions to net him. General Bentegeat said that Bin Laden is somehow connected to the Madrid bombing and even if he is caught, another leader will appear for Al-Qaeda. He also worries about the spread of radical islam in Africa.

France says Bin Laden was nearly caught
"In Afghanistan, the terrain is extremely favourable to escapes, there are underground networks everywhere," he said.
The general said it was essential that bin Laden be caught.
"He symbolises September 11 and is certainly not completely innocent in what happened in Madrid," he said, making a link between the 2001 attacks in New York and Washington and the Spanish train bombings last Thursday.
But he added that arresting bin Laden "would not change things directly. (Al Qaeda) is a hydra with many heads. If we catch one head, there will be others."

[Edited on 3-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I personally believe we have Osama and Bush is waiting for his numbers to fall and they will pull Osama out and say, "Look what I caught". However, if this is the case why would the French help Bush with this conspiracy? The French hate us! If it were the British saying they almost caught him, I could buy it. But the French? Maybe we don't have Osama.

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If bin Laden is could before the election, I would love the French to be the ones to catch him. Ohh, I can imagine the fumes coming from les tetes des France-hates!!

But as to the French hate us thing, the fact is, despite all our differences we're still allies and major trading partners. If either one of our countries were attacked, the other would send aid.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The French don't hate us. The French and The US are like siblings who have occasional squabbles. Without France, there would have never been a United States in the first place.

I have a funny feeling that Bin Laden will be "caught" before the US elections.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Not that I think Bush has that kind of power, but why would he need to get UBL before the election.? He will win handily anyway. Kerry has enough skeletons and bad voting records in his past to make it just a formality. I just wish Bush had to the power to make gas cheaper. It's getting way to expensive for a country as big as the United States.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

He will win handily anyway. Kerry has enough skeletons and bad voting records in his past to make it just a formality.

According to this poll it will be a tough fight.

WH2004

It says 43 % will vote for Bush and 50 % for Kerry. Although it isn't perfect it does represent the current feeling of the U.S. president.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone has a link of what poles said before an election and what actually happened. At the start of the whole democratic race all you heard was DEAN.
Anyway, the election is a long time from now : )

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Variable]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'll say it again: It is ridiculous to assume that Bin Laden keeps barely getting away when the man is on dialysis. There's either gotta be some cover up, they want him to get away, or the allied armies are just plain retarded.

new topics

top topics

join