It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about southpark???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hi I just want to know what do you think of southpark??? do you think it's funny or what??

I think it's funny, I like butters lol they treat him like crap lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Truth be told I love SP. Toilet humor aside, I find it a very intelligent and insightful program. Furthermore, for us ATS folk, I find the show contains many political, conspiratorial and synchro-mystical references for those who are so inclined.

I've taken notes but I'm too lazy to cite sources right now. Watch a few seasons worth and you'll see what I mean. For example, the pilot episode is about...ALIENS!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

this is also a funny one I saw a youtube...lol

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by shipovfools

I totally agree with you.

the episodes I showed was about making fun of youtube and people that become famouse on the internet using youtube.

lol

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32

this is also a funny one I saw a youtube...lol

great. this shows all the 'internet characters' from the SP episode with their 'real life' counterparts. a simple idea but quite brilliant nonetheless.

as much as we love to make fun of these lame internet "stars" , we must remember that they are still, in their own weird way, "stars". are they really that much different than the movie and rock stars of previous generations? and if they are, does that mean that any of us - regardless of background, money, education or connections - c an achieve similar levels of "success" and/or "Fame" ...and if so, should we?!?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I love SP, pretty much for all tyhe reasons stated by shipovfools.

But it's smart, dumb, funny, disgusting, offensive, UNPREDICTABLE and just pretty much insane and it was all started as a school project.
What more could you want?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
long over it...was funny but now I cant get into it duno why

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
South Park is great...

Its ten times deeper then you thin at first glance...

Apeals to MANY audiences...

Is current, and doesnt pull its punches

each Charecter is SUPER deep, unlike most cartoons...

butters, is the aveage innocent american... Too innocent for thier own good... Too Navie to understand whats happen...

South park is classic...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
TOTALLY X 1000 AWESOME.

Outside ATS I get most of my 'current event' news from there.

Was the 'Prophet U-KNOW-WHO on Family guy episodes' last night.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
for anyone who wants a site that streams southpark episodes u2u me!! I'll also give you other links.. cheers..

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Absolutely hilarious, I love that twisted humor of South Park.

I like the Happy Tree Friends as well but it is not as deep as South Park.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hmmmm! I just can't get past the toilet humor. I watched one episode and thought it was crap!

The Simpson is a much more better cartoon!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

you prefere simpsons over south park
you can not be serious
south park is sooo much funnier, i love the humour.
m x

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I guess that is where our intellectual level differs!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Love Southpark, anyone see the Paris Hilton one? or Martha Stewart. Beautiful.
I think Southpark is funnier than Simpsons, but American dad trumps sp.

Stan: "Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly."
Cartman: "Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise."

Kyle: "I think that parents only get so offended by television because they rely on it as a babysitter and the sole educator of their kids."

"Just remember what the MPAA says: Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!" -- Kyle's Mom

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
mr mysticism do u need a bucket? or is this vomiting normal? i just find the simpsons daft, nice but daft...however really like futurerama. south park is just different, i sometimes let my children watch yellow people (simpsons) and metal man (futurerama) but obviously not south park, which i think is funny in a disterbed and semi dark way.
m x

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PixelMePretty

my fav is mr hanky and the christmas poo, creases me up. i had a patient once who keeped a pet poo in a box, and this eposode just reminds me of him.
m x

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I do like the simpsons and family guy but I do think South park tops it.

South Park are more based on current events they make fun of current events with latest twists to the true story.

the episodes I showed on here, were making fun of youtube stars by making a reals story plot.

it was more of just making fun of how easy a person can get fame on the internet for doing every stupid stuff, and lame stuff and watch all the stars fight each other becasue the fame goes to their heads. They created a plot that seem to be real yet puts a twist to it to make fun of the event in a funny way.

I liked alot of south park episodes rather than other cartoons.

I remeber that one episode that got alot of people pissed it was when family guy was to put a episode of muhamad lol and the terrorist were pissed.

at the end the terrorists retailiated making their own cartoon showing americans being stupid and having bush crap on all americans and then jesus then craps and bush and then everyone else craps on each other they made you think that the terrorists will blow up america but at the last moment they do this twist where they fight back with their own cartoon.

It was to make fun of current events with that cartoon in a dutch news paper ect this was making fun of that event.

I was lol. I also like the one when cartmen was waiting for the wii lol, it was making fun of how the game companies make the hype, so cartmen frozed himself and worked up in the future where they can't even run the wii because it's too old and scientology was the main religion of that time lol.

I don't see how you can't like southpark. I just love the targets they make fun of lol.

I loved the one in the southpark movie, where the military projector started to fail and the general goes " it's #ing windows 98 get billgates in here"

the bring bill gates and the general said you said it was connect to the internet faster ect ect and bill gates goes it is faster over 5 million boom bill gates gets killed lol.

Click here to see bill gates get shot at lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by morganathefey

Hahaha! What's daft? Never heard that term before and I have plenty of buckets!

I like Simpsons because it is not rude low brow humor. It has many slight innuendo jokes that I don't think most would get. I'm sure those who like SP liked Beavis And Butthead.

South Park is todays Three Stooges!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
dont you have that term in us?
daft means silly, um its like hitting your head on a shop window to have a better look at the jewlery and doing it again, and again, (which iv done).....
yes simpsons is daft and south park is as you say rude..but also very funny.
m x

new topics

<<   2 >>

join