It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pill may put you off smell of your man and ruin your relationship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The Pill may put you off smell of your man and ruin your relationship

www.timesonline.co.uk

The Pill is thought to disrupt an instinctive mechanism that brings together people with complementary genes and immune systems. Such a couple, by passing on a wide-ranging set of immune system genes, increase their chances of having a healthy child that is not vulnerable to infection.
ALSO
They said that this might not only impact on fertility and miscarriage risk, but could even contribute to the end of relationships as women who stop or start taking the Pill no longer find their partner...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Wow... I need to digest this for a second. I can't decide who it might be a conspracy for... or against

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There's more here and I am just going to go ahead and put it up because I know sometimes we don't always click on the link... but if there if there was ever a link to click on... this is it.

There is literally something here for everybody under 70 to think about ...

...Anyway, here's another snippet -

Craig Roberts, who led the study, said: “The results showed that the preferences of women who began using the Pill shifted towards men with genetically similar odours. Not only could MHC-similarity in couples lead to fertility problems, but it could ultimately lead to the breakdown of relationships when women stop using the Pill, as odour perception plays a significant role in maintaining attraction to partners.”

The research also found differences between women in relationships, who tended to prefer odours of men with different MHC genes, and single women, who tended to prefer the smell of MHC-similar men.

And some more food for thought -

The research backs up an earlier study of how women’s perceptions of partners can alter when taking the Pill. Psychologists from St Andrews and Stirling universities found that women on the Pill tend to prefer macho types with strong jaw lines and prominent cheekbones.

However, women who are not taking that form of contraception seem to be more likely to go for more sensitive types of men without traditionally masculine features.

I'm gonna say.... "let's hear it for women w/o a birth control plan!"

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
we should hold our childrens health, and relationships higher than an easy way too have un-pro sex, you know or wear condoms and use spermicide.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is an interesting study.....

But, what it seems NOT to include, is testing for all the forms of birth control.

Yes, one type of pill might have adverse reactions, but there are at least 10 different types of birth control, including different types of pills.

I doubt that EVERY form of birth control has reactions similar to this. This study seems to just include the most common form of the pill.

I personally think women use the "I don't like the way the pill makes me feel" excuse too often. Yes, I have known many women who it reacted with badly. But, they were unwilling to try other types of birth control.

It is pretty ignorant for a woman to depend on a man's 95% success rate of a condom (which can slip/tear/break which can have disastrous results).
If a woman isn't on Birth control, she wants to have a kid... period...

Its naive to risk your future on condoms. 95% means if you have sex 100 times (which isn't that much) you can get pregnant 5 times! Does anyone do math? Grrr... sorry for the thread sidetrack... this topic just upsets me...
I also hate the line "Well the guy shouldve brought a condom"
NO... you should've brought one also!! Or else, don't have sex.... STOP MAKING EXCUSES! Its the day and age where people need to take responsibility for their own lives.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This would explain a few things... like that girl I dated with the knife...

Nah, I'm just joking.
It doesn't explain it, nothing can, she was just psychotic.
But she really did try to stab me in my sleep.

Outside of humor, and whatever horrible dating experience I may have...

When you mess with hormones, expect the hormones to be messed up.
Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

It is pretty ignorant for a woman to depend on a man's 95% success rate of a condom (which can slip/tear/break which can have disastrous results).

If a woman isn't on Birth control, she wants to have a kid... period...

Ummm, don't know if I can agree with that... what I am most interested in is how people -- both man and women -- feel like this may have affected thier lives.

Personally every woman I know who was on the pill had a 'miscarriage' before she got pregnant and delivered what seem to be, so far, healthy kids. Literally every woman I know had that experience. I always thought it was due to the early testing that is available now i.e., you can be two days pregnant and know it, in the 'old days' you were just 'late.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
ThreeDeuce, your paranoia is hilarious. A woman not wanting to interfere with the way hormones affect her body/libido/mental health is NOT all about deceiving you, or wanting to have a baby. I am not on the pill, and DO NOT WANT A BABY EVER!

On the pill, women are twice as likely to have depression issues, suffer from deep vein thrombosis, and have a permanently lowered libido (even after the pill is stopped). This is something you should be keen to avoid!

Would YOU take a pill and change the natural state of your body in reciprocation?

There is a male pill, but I wouldn't expect my boyfriend take it, because just like with the female pill, if it changes what you were born with, it can't be right, and it's just not fair to ask anyone to do that.

Steroids are a perfect example of messing with hormones, and look what that gets you, man boobs, shrunken testicles and a feminine voice.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

TWISI, another very interesting thread you've started. You may want to research into a hormone called Oxytocin, which is involved in the "mating" process, as well as the transmitter that modulates its activity, Dynorphin.

new topics

top topics

join