It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Attacks Alien Worm on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Philip Plait according to space.com has just stepped out to attack alien life on other planets including mars here is a intersting picture of a
fake alien worm on mars as well as the artical link.

Here is the Artical:
www.space.com...

That space worm picture reminds me of the worms on the movie dune

Falcon

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have found those photo's interesting and have seen those before.

Interesting the article link, tries to debunk by use of....

1-the scientific word "pareidolia." This is the same phenomenon that makes us see animals or other familiar objects in clouds.

Basically if you see something, your just seeing things.

2-By the brush off. "having long since tired of the antics of,...so now we no longer afford the time.

I would have rather they attempted to compare NASA photo's with Richard's. That would be an honest debunk.

As far as if I believe the pictures, I have seen these out for awhile, and although very interesting to look at, I havent yet referenced to a raw image from NASA, to look at.
(anybody got a link?)

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
That is interesting picture. I wonder what kind of weather caused that?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
worm???? I thought Hoagland said it was tunnel before?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
already a thread....here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
I would have rather they attempted to compare NASA photo's with Richard's. That would be an honest debunk.

You should read Philip Plait's real article on BadAstronomy. That article is extensive with a lot of pictures to explain.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think that when they're refering to the objects in the pictures as worms, it's just an easy way to describe the objects because they look similiar to earthworms. I don't believe anyone actually thinks they're live giant worms.

I like Richard Hoglands site, and I think he has some good ideas, but he goes a little too far and loses his credibility when he does so.

I agree that the most accurate explanation about the worms we see in the pictures is an optical illusion due to the erosion of materials on the surface by wind & time.

Of course if were going to be sending more vehicals to mars it's a site worth looking more closely at.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I had a rather lenghty email debate with some internet guys insisting these were artificial arches. I said, you know, why are these things found ALL over Mars in almost every picture from MGS. These are sands dunes, dudes. Well, needless to say, that conversation went nowhere.

Hoagland is only someone who decided in his life to make a good living by exploiting ignorance and the sensational. I do enjoy looking at his site, but just for fun. Take a look. When Spirit landing and after the 360 degree pictures were out a few days, all of a sudden, Spirit is surround by "Mechanical Artifacts". Like some Gizmo factory blew up just over the horizon. What a stretch! He has a big "L" on his forehead, and that L stands for LOSER. Lets start thinking logical, PLEASE.

top topics

join