It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Made You Believe in John Titor?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What was it about John Titor for those that believe, that drew you into his claims?

Do any of you still believe him despite the 2008 games being carried on? And if you still believe him, why is it you do?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I first heard about JT on C2C with Art Bell.

For me something deep inside just lit up when I heard his story.

What kept me interested even though the skeptics were out in full force was the way he explained the future or the possible timeline similarities which we currently share with his timeline.

I am a survivalist, intrinsicly tuned into my instincts. This story spoke to me on many levels and I decided that even if he was a hoaxer, the man had some very down to earth reasonings about how humanity has failed up until now and the dangerous situation we face as a world unit if we continue to travel the road we are on.

I still look at his words and gleam ideas and preparedness skills based on the story he told.

One thing that stuck out in my memory was the fact that he said noone was ever interested in the things that they in the future found important, instead played a steady stream of endless mind games and were everything that the future saw us as, pretty much ruthless and gainsome, greedy and self absorbed and lazy.

I have tried to reach out and connect with people of like mind, to create a symphony of people willing and able to contribute to making a base, a fort that could be prepared for any contingency the future may and most probably does hold for us.

Most people like the idea but are not willing to step outside themselves to do the actual work it takes to make it happen. They would most probably rather take their chances in a FEMA death camp as to work for a week on a real farm, churn their own butter, make their own clothes from the cotton they grew, wove and sewed.

I dont know why this is, I suspect that when the sitx comes, and the dust settles, people will then be hungry enough to give it a go, until then they will just go through the drive up window and order themselves a double BSE burger with extra BSEcheese.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i think i WANTED to believe in John Titor.

we all WANT to believe something.
the thing is, if that SOMETHING was to walk past us, or appear in front of us, could we handle it ?

i am "psychic", i hate it, and i FEAR the day i might see something.

sh1t scared i think is the term id use.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You just wanted it to be true, eschewing logical analysis in favour of flat-out belief. Probably because his views lined up with yours, and in accepting him as true validated your beliefs - you found a kindred spirit, a kind of survivalist messiah, sent from the future to justify your fringe beliefs.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My biggest problem with him is that how can someone who is a timetraveler be wrong at all about future events?
If I traveled back to 1972, I would be able to nail events on the head, i.e., I would be able to tell people President Nixon will resign and a little known congressman will become president, etc....
so how come he was wrong so often?
Thats the problem I have with him, not to mention the absolute nonprofessional pictures of "future" time machinery, that look like something from the 1980's backlot film props.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beachbumfun

He claimed Hugh Everett's "many-worlds interpretation" theory was correct, and that when you time-travelled, you didn't travel to your own universe, but to a parallel one, where you would be free of the paradoxes intrinsic in the single-world interpretation. That also has the fantastic convenience of Titor's original universe being different to our own, possibly in massive ways, possibly in the most minute of ways.

If I was going to pretend to be a time-traveller, I'd start out by saying the exact same thing. It's the time-traveller's version of the religious "God did it" argument - a get-out-of-logic-free card. Once stated, any thing he said that was wrong could be attributed to him coming from another universe.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by antar

[You just wanted it to be true, eschewing logical analysis in favour of flat-out belief.

You dont know me very well so I will tell you that I do not have the least interest in creating fantasy based assumptions.

[ Probably because his views lined up with yours, and in accepting him as true validated your beliefs

You could not be more off base, first of all I am a Sannyasin, I need no outside validation of my existence and have no belief system in the general sense as you know it. Furthermore I would not assume from the little I know of JT to 'lineup' as you said.

[ - you found a kindred spirit, a kind of survivalist messiah, sent from the future to justify your fringe beliefs.

Hardly a kindred spirit, as he is still from a future which has yet to reach a Level one Society. As for need of a messiah, as I said I am a Sannyasin and take full responsibility for myself. Perhaps it is you that lives in a world of what 'I' consider to be fringe beliefs...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
For me what matters most is not if he was really from the future or not, I think he was, but that he spoke about the possible future we face if we do not get it together.

His message was scary and like Dark4kn1ghts thread, made me seriously take the bull by the horns in my personal life and stop living under the illusion life will go on forever without change.

I am now as prepared mentally and materially as can be for any possible contingencies our future may bring and it started in ernest after the JT story.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
His message was scary and like Dark4kn1ghts thread, made me seriously take the bull by the horns in my personal life and stop living under the illusion life will go on forever without change.

I am now as prepared mentally and materially as can be for any possible contingencies our future may bring and it started in ernest after the JT story.

So if you really took the bull by the horns, did you sell your house, end all debt, stock pile a massive amount of food and water, and build an underground complex to save your loved ones in the middle of nowhere for the impending doom?

Why do I bother... Oh me oh my. Life is what it is, it can be gone in an instant, it doesn't mean you have to be paranoid. Hell, I could drop dead from laughing so hard reading and writing this.

Who said, get busy living or get busy dying?

Care and luck,

Edit to change live to life.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wow, I have done all I can, and it is crazy to do otherwise, but at the end of the day I do not have the type of money it would take to appease all of my eccentricities, So in good measure I trust that existence has brought me this far and to where I am right now, I have no complaints to render and am great full to be as prepared as I am.

Remember I am just one single Mom attempting to stay on top of things and raise good conscious and caring children in a world that is quite mad.

I will be honest, no one source has initiated me to get up off my butt and do the work, it is a culmination of everything I absorb which is useful.

I process what interests me and then weed out what does not bring me to a higher purpose.

This forum has been an intense growing process for me, it has changed my views substantially, but the greatest thing I can say ats has given me is the courage to face my deepest fears head on, because one things for sure there is an never ending succession of causes to be alarmed at this point in our shared global experience.

Accepting things as they come lessens my natural paranoia. Being aware, alert and informed helps me as well, so here I am glad to be a part of this forum which keeps me advised like no other place I have found.

I spent the first 40 years of my life contemplating my naval and living in the outbacks, the highest mountain peaks in the world, now it is my turn to live here. I know that I seem a bit crazy, but one of these days I just may give back a little to all the brilliant people here that have taught me so much about the world and the understanding it takes to decipher reality in these dynamic times.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

belief is for people of faith. Those of us who follow logic, play statistics, and probability, hunches pushed by interest. Belief isn't the word for me, but whether Titor can be depended on for any future prognostication is the question. I was watching to see if the Tibet affair would close down the games. I was also watching to see the civil war occur he spoke of. While neither of these events bubbled up to reality, they are both still churning just below the surface. I could see if events were marginally changed, Carl Rove and free Tibet sectors could achieve thier desires. Paul

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I believe:

1. In the Many Worlds Interpretation.
  2. There are an infinite number of worlds infinitely diverging at every moment (choice, chance, intent).
  3. The universe's purpose is to experience everything... EVERYTHING!
  4. There are infinite world lines similar to our own occurring simultaneously but with a different date (time travel).
  5. Rare natural phenomena or exotic technologies can cause objects to move between worlds.

Because of my beliefs many John Titors do exist. Whether or not one of them came to our world, unfortunately, cannot be conclusively proven.

Personally I think think the citizens of Titor's world had more balls than we do.

Obsidience

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Alleged time travelers are a dime a dozen at timetravelinstitute.com
They have an entire forum for such claims.
Some, like GILMER, are actually believable.
Others...not so much.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I never fully believed in the John Titor story, but I still think that he offered a vast array of wise advice, such as:

1 Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.
2 Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.
3 Learn basic sanitation and water purification.
4 Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.
5 Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.
6 Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.
7 Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.
8 Eat less.
9 Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.
10 Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Lets see Time Travel wasn't invented in 2001
Civil War didn't break out in 2004
No Olympics after 2004 I could swear they were just on the TV as well

Just how wrong can one guy be and that's not even going into the proven fake pictures and the fact his whole story was copied from a book called Alas, Babylon.

I'm slightly bemused you still buy into it honestly.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Allow me to bemuse you. My name is Titorite and I still believe the story of John Titor. Maybe you can overlook that and maybe you can't but I believe he was being honest.... Many say hoax. I do not.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
His story was solid, but like some have said, his "many worlds theory" is the ultimate get out of jail card for a time-travel story. It was fun while it lasted, but it seems most things he said never came true.

The one thing that still feels eerie, is that he hasn't been heard from again. He just left, which was kind of nuts. Why didn't anybody track his IP address and find out where he was writing all his stuff?

It was entertaining to say the least.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

It's not that strange that he left. He was just like...."nah....screw this. It was fun while it lasted" and clicked 'x'.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
His website now claims this years Olympics are fake- they didn't really happen, oh please..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
after listening to the 12 part coast to coast on you tube,i would like to think it is true to some degree,he claims he went back to the 1970's to get a part from an old ibm machine in order to use in the future,this checked out as true by ibm employees that they dont make that certain model anymore and the components found inside them,ibm also stated that only a handful of people could have known about that.

if his time line was very similar to our own a lot of things seem to be very close calls to what could of happend,sky scrapers in new york missing,china tibet protests hampering the games build up,world wars talked of,and only today russia declaring war on georgia whie attempting to get china on their side while us and uk take a dim view,the similarities are very unusual.

the CERN was recently switched on ,yet he claimed to know about it before it was even known about,its common knowledge that when you go into deeper space time slows around you and the more far out you go,it will eventually come back onto itself(time travel),it looks like they will send particles to one place to another,and the black holes developed for time travel sound possible,he isnt claiming a date around 2010-2015 whan there just learning the answers from the collider he claims 2036,its hard to know what to think ?there is some good proof but a lot of unanswered questions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join