It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, President Bush

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
reply to post by VDOG.45

Woa, easy there.

No one has fought for my freedom but my fellow Australians.

If an American has to fight for the freedom you're talking of, then I don't want that freedom and I don't want them to fight for it.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by mattguy404]

Better check up on the History of the Emerial Japanese Army friend. Had not the Americans came to the South Pacific's aid, your Country would be under Japanese rule today.

Go back to school and read up on it!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
Well, there are what, around 1.5 billion Muslims? 50% of them is approximately 750 million that want to kill Americans right there.[edit on 12-8-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

And this claim is based on what? Do you have factual proof that half of all Muslims feel that way? Or are you basing it on what you see and hear from the mainstream media? I'm willing to bet that most Muslims, and most people regardless of their religious beliefs, would prefer a world of peace and harmony rather than one filled with hate and a desire to see other people dead. If anything, the people of the world who want to kill Americans want to do so because of the # that the USA and it's allies has put them through for decades, and which GWBush has only intensified instead of attempt to curtail and improve.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
Isnt it amazing how tolerant liberals are of a persons opinion?

Liberal tolerance is exactly what it used to be.

this is a hilarious statement and oh so highly representative and indicative of what is fundamentally WRONG with this nation today. do you even realize HOW hilarious?

gee...if i were to respond in kind, just think of everything i could say about hate-mongering, jumping to conclusions, making invalid assumptions, twisted logic, divisiveness, levels of lemmingness, talking point madness, and general conservative ignorance.

but you know what? i don't use labels, and i'm not going to stoop to your level of arrogance and ignorance based on one post of yours i've read, because, hey, i could be wrong. and i also don't wish to perpetuate what bush and his neocon masters so gleefully rub their hands to. they'd be oh so proud of you.

so i'll just laugh instead. because it's just plain hilarious.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thank you Mr President for screwing this country up to the point of no return. Thank you Mr President for putting the most incompetent people in charge of Fema, DHS, Attorney General, and lets not forget the CIA. Yea thank you for giving your oil buddies the green light to cripple our economy. Thank you for strutting around playing golf living the good life while young boys die, thanks for helping the country of Georga after they sent troops to help America. YEA THANK YOU SO MUCH!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I suggest you also take a nice holiday to Iraq and see how much life is better since Saddam, I am sure people there will welcome you in open arms, they are so welcoming you would end up on TV with them too!

>>I have been to Iraq, have you?

I suppose you forgot to thank Bush for laughing at the Constitution, for stripping away our freedoms and privacy at home - for contempt to human life, Congress and the american people.

>> This is nonsense

You also forgot to thank Bush for putting the national debt at unseen levels, for causing this economic meltdown and recession.

>> There has been no recession. The definition of recession is two straight quarters of negative or no growth. Only the Congress can spend money, read a document called the US Constititution.

And finally you forgot to thank him for his wonderful response to Katrina.

>>Why weren't the school buses used to get people out? Why did the LANG leave people stranded in the Superdome?? Have you ever heard of personal responsibility? What about your boy Nagins and your girl Blanco?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

See, I think the president should lose his cool once and a while. He or she is human and should maybe show it once in a while. It doesn't take much to act right, especially when the balls in your court, and if you can't handle making the right decisions you should never consider running. Unfortunately there are too few right decisions made by our current president, and people who think he's great, should spend a few minutes each day reviewing what he actually did. I won't say anything negative, if I haven't already.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
How can anybody respect a man who names himself king? He did not win either presidential election, and there is PLENTY of evidence to back that up. The Corporate Media will not do its job and report this. Dubyah was appointed to the presidency by the Supreme Court, and the elections in this country for the past eight or more years have been so fraudulent that we are clearly not being represented by the people whom we actually elected.

If this Administration honors the Constitution (and would be one of the first times) and actually leaves office in January, walks out and hands the keys to the next occupant, the world will sigh a huge sigh of relief that one of the most corrupt and criminal administrations in the history of the U.S. has finally exited.

This crew should have been impeached years ago, but thanks to the bent-dick agenda of Nancy Pelosi, that didn't happen.

The Administration has committed multiple acts of treason and hopefully one day will be held accountable for all the damage, all the human misery they have unleashed on this planet.

May God have mercy on their miserable souls, or lack thereof.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by JesterMan

See, I think the president should lose his cool once and a while.

Bush's understudy, McCain, is a master of losing his cool. His anger-management (as in 'lack of') are well documented.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Lol, thats the first time I have seen something like this... I would like to give my thanks to Governor Bush also..
1. Thank you Governor Bush for putting our troops in harms way with your Illegal war.
2. Thank you for getting rid of Habeas Corpus
3. Thank you for giving the police the right to invade my home with no warrant or probable cause.
4. Thank you for giving the authorities the right to listen to every phone call I have with my family and friends.
5. Thank you for not telling the citizens of the U.S.A about the warning that you received prior to 9-11
6. Thank you for completely ruining the worlds view of the American people.

I can go on and on all day. I'm sorry, I am not bashing the person that started this thread by any means. I completely respect every single person on this site regardless of their views... But, I can not give him praise for anything he has done
::

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325
History will treat you kind, Mr President. Your detractors will fade from memory.

Mainly because his class interests will write history.

Thank you for liberating Afghanistan.

After your family and class interests ruined that country and its citizenry in the name of fighting the Red menace.

Thank you for standing strong in Iraq, when others wanted to surrender.

After your father and class interests supported the dictatorial regime when they all thought Saddam would be a good boy and play ball with the oil cartels.

How quickly we all scrub class interest out of our collective history.
Thank you for putting a dictator on trial for war crimes and receiving the final justice he deserves.

Thank you for not treating the White House as a brothel.

Clinton had far worse crimes than getting a blow job in office.

Thank you for putting the fear into Libya so that they gave up they nuclear weapons program.

Thank you for standing up to North Korea.

Got nothing on these, one less nuke is one less explosion.

Thank you for doing actually something about Al Qaida other than firing missiles that take so long to get there the camps are empty by the time the missiles hit.

Dont forget to thank him and his dad for funding death squads, mercenaries, and fascist regimes world wide in the name of Corporate Capitalism. After all Al-Qaida and the Taliban were right wing reactionary forces created to crush a red revolution forming in the ME. A right wing reactionary force with direct funding and support from many Western Nations, including yours.

Thank you Mr President for working hard to get the economy going after 9/11.

And then promptly privatizing as much as possible, while selling out the American Working Class to business interests.

Thank you for standing up for tax cuts.

For the rich. You forgot that part.

lets not forget bushes plea's with China and Japan while he was trying to make his first tax cut
www.usatoday.com...

Thank you for trying to make this country energy independent.

By doing what? Invading a country and opening its state owned oil operations to big business?

Thank you for trying to combat AIDS in Africa.

President Bush is doing a barnstorming tour of Africa to call attention to his administration's commitment to addressing the HIV/AIDS pandemic on the continent.

One problem: He's simultaneously trying to impose on African countries enhanced patent protections that would undermine their ability to gain access to affordable medicines.

(Actually, there are lots of problems -- denial of debt relief, water privatization, insistence on the failed IMF "structural adjustment model," and much more -- but those are topics for another day.)

Bush's AIDS initiative recognizes the imperative of treatment for people with HIV/AIDS. Treatment is expensive, but massive savings are available through use of generic medicines and reaping the benefits of generic competition. Indeed, it will not be practicable for poor countries to provide treatment, or for donors to support treatment efforts, unless lower-priced medicines -- only obtainable through generic competition -- are used.

The Bush administration has a simple choice: Heed their paymasters in the brand-name pharmaceutical industry, or deliver on their commitment to provide treatment to two million people with HIV/AIDS. They can't do both.

Georgie and the AIDS

Gee I wonder what the US administration is going to do, stand by the words of GWB and provide Africa with the aide it needs, or support patent monopoly control of necessary medicines, allowing big pharma to reap massive profits at the expense of millions of poor African citizens?

Of course if thats not enough for you:
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.commondreams.org...
www.bushwatch.com...

Thank you for trying to give the people who empty our trash and pick our vegetables some dignity, although I disagree with you about Amnesty.

While allowing them to be exploited by business big and small who are looking for a pool of cheap and un-organized labour. By the way, that pool of cheap labour helps to depress living wages of the middle and poor classes of US society.

Thank you for appointing justices to Supreme Court who believe in the US Constitution.

Ya, im glad they held up the second amendment.

really, i am.

Thank you for trying to protect us against an enemy who wants to harm us while others would let it happen for political reasons.

Nice attempt at a subtle political snipe. I agree, there are people out in this world that mean to do harm to Westerners, but firebombing two countries didn't solve anything, it just opened a different front.

Thank you for standing up for the unborn.

And crushing a womens right to choose.

This whole issue of abortion is funny really. For YEARS conservatives had the opposite position on abortion. Hell Regan signed the MOST LIBERAL abortion bill in the world while he was governor of California, and HIS daughter had an abortion and it didn't bother him one bit. So what happened? Crass Political Opportunism happened. Suddenly, reactionary and conservative forces realized how divisive the issue of abortion really was. They realized they could get religious democrats by the balls and take their vote by screaming about gods will and the rights of the fetus. Hell wasn't it Richard Vigory who said something to the effect of "Is she [Sandra Day O'Connor] soft on abortion? We cannot give up this issue, this issue helped us split the democrats"

They don't care about the fetus, they care about their own class and political interests. (this of course goes for both parties)

Thank you for resisting the pseudo science of global warming.

I dont even follow global warming to the extent others do, but to suggest that our environment is doing fine and to do nothing about the serious issues facing us today (air pollution, water pollution, mono-cultured crops, etc) is just stupid.

Thank you for your humility in office Mr President.

Was he showing that when he was off golfing?

Thank you for your love of country and the love of the men and women who protect this country.

yes thank you for showing you care so much about them by cutting funding to the VA and opposing paid education for returning vets among other cold things.

It all started when George Bush needed to cut $85 billion in 2003 so he could make his second tax cut possible. The cut to future funding for vets came while Americans were holding rallies with the cry to "Support Our Troops". Even then I asked how we were to support our troops in war when we won’t support them after the war?
The House of Representatives voted to cut funding for veteran's health care and benefit programs $85 billion over the next ten years. It narrowly passed by a vote of 215 to 212, and came just a day after Congress passed a resolution to "Support Our Troops."

Was it hypocrisy? You bet it was. Bush and his crony Congress voted to support our troops but the very next day left current and future veterans without access to health care and compensation. Now, once more and only two years later, veterans are faced with the issue of at least tens of thousands of us with non-critical medical issues who may suffer delayed or even denied care in coming years just so Bush can live up to his promise of cutting the deficit in half.

Source

Thank you, Mr President.

For being another right wing reactionary crushing the middle and lower classes in order to uplift your own.

Figured i'd finish off your sentence for you.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Rather than fill my post with hundreds of grey quotation boxes, I will just make some general statements and observations.

First let me state I am a supporter of President Bush. I think he is a man of conviction and a believer that the world would be a better place if freedom and democracy were universal.

He is a man who knows liberty is a right for all humanity and therefore he would do anything he could to ensure each person has it.

Now for some observations.

Let's first not kid ourselves that there are two (2) distinct mind-sets concerning governance and political beliefs. This division may never be broken without a global event of some kind which forces or draws us all together as a race or species. This being said I'm comfortable with classifying these mind-sets as "conservative" and "liberal" for lack of better words.

I know there are 6.6 billion opinions on this planet and each one is certainly valid. It is therefore valid for all others to agree or disagree with these opinions.

I am a little taken back at some of the hatred being put forth by posters from outside of the U.S. Perhaps we could start a few threads concerning their respective leaders and a bunch of Americans could chime in with whatever we've read or heard about them. You see a comment from someone not living in the U.S. about our personal freedoms being eroded can only come from a regurgitated blog, website, or newscast. You don't live here to experience whether this claim is true or false. I'd suggest picking a different battle in order to have your posts taken seriously.

To my fellow Americans (yes even you liberals for whom I gave service to my country for!) I'm disappointed at the vile hatred for the president. I just want to touch on two subjects, receive my flames and go on about my day.

1. "He lied us into a war!"

arrrghh this is so old. If President Bush lied about the war we have a very large group of asociated liars and enablers we need to go after as well. Top of my head brings forth the following names/leaders who by virtue of the same U.S. evidence and their own determined the war was not only justifiable but necessary. I'll just throw 5 quick ones at you so you can start the "they lied too!" threads.

1. Junichiro Koizumi of Japan
2. John Howard of Australia
3. Chancellor Merkel of Germany
4. Tony Blair of Great Britain
5. Alexander Kwasniewski of Poland

You can add the leaders of 65 or so other countries that must have lied us all into this war as well.

2. "He's destroying the constitution and we have no privacy!"

Another very tired argument. It's quite clear the Patriot Act and subsequent FISA bill (Obama voted yes so simmer down now ya hear!) have been vital instruments in preventing further attacks upon our nation from a strategic and cyber standpoint.

I have in other threads asked the "privacy freaks" to demonstrate how their personal freedoms have diminished under President Bush. The responses are lame, often generalized and unsubstantiated. But give it a go if you feel so inclined.

Finally; I hope for the day when the detractors drink a little "thought juice" before blaming President Bush for things like the housing market, energy bills, immigration and the like. Learn your three branches of government and realise the President may not be the one you want to be blaming if you have an issue with one of the items I mentioned.

I thank President Bush for being a stand-up guy. He won't cave to the incessent whining. You may want to try another tactic cause the one you've got going is so old only your miserable fellowship is listening anymore.

Becker

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Okay. It appears someone has their facts a little distorted.

Lets attempt to straighten some things out:

1) The Taliban is still strong in Afghanistan - mainly for one reason. The MAJORITY of the people that live there in the self contained tribes support the Taliban. The US and UN troops have secured important sectors in that country to support their "Government" they've implemented, and it's these pockets that the peacekeeping forces occupy that are "liberated". Most of the country belongs to the tribes that are indigenous to the regions and MOST of these tribes support the Taliban because they were there protecting and defending those tribes LONG before coalition forces ever "liberated Afghanistan".

2) I don't think anyone ever wanted the President of the United States to go sign a declaration saying that America "surrenders" to the insurgents in Iraq. You'll call it what you will. Surrender or Withdraw. But MOST people (aporrximately 70%) feel that this war was waged on untruthful terms, undeclared and thus illegal, and would like for the U.S. to withdraw because they respect the rule of governing which the UN has set forth with the Geneva Convention and which is stated in our Constitution. Most of us recognize that illegal wars tend to have blowback ... research the term, if you're not familiar with it. We felt some blowback on Sept. 11th, 2001.

3) Saddam Hussein was a democratically elected president. Not a dictator. His country functioned well under his rule. Mot Iraqis lived peaceful and prosperous lives before we invaded their country and killed hundreds of thousands of civilians.

4) What makes you think Libya gave up any nuclear weapons program? Just because little brother Israel got the OK from Uncle Sam to launch an air strike and destroy a facility? If anything this only created more future blowback not only for our little brother, but also for Uncle Sam.

5) The whole North Korea thing was resolved LONG before GWB stepped into office. If you'll notice, they detonated a nuclear weapon while he was in office. If anything, N. Korea spit in the face of GWB.

6) Thank the CIA for creating Al Qaeda. Thank GWB for being such great friends with the Bin Ladens, one of whom was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks, which again was the blowback from training, then abandoning the Mujahideen in Afghanistan.

7) Bush destroyed the economy after 9-11 by spending Trillions of dollars on an endless war on terror and forcing the value of the dollar to drastically drop due to other nations rallying behind other currency, such as the Euro.

8) Tax cuts? So, you own a corporation?

9) Energy independent how? Oh, you mean off shore drilling? Then you're talking about making this country MORE dependent on fossil fuels. Bad idea.

10) You mean "Thanks for being such a hypocrite when appointing supreme court justices' that support the Constitution" ... because he could car less about it. (Undeclared war, nation building, legal tender, etc., etc.)

11) Our borders are still WIDE open. It would be simple for a terrorist organization to walk across the Canadian border and take out any mall, theatre, or school that they wanted to. So, to say that there are terrorist who "want to harm us" is a little ridiculous. The 9/11 strike was at an icon of the American empire ... not at the American people. Bin Laden was quoted saying he was, "happy that the United States has bought the fight to them, rather than having to take the fight to America."

12) Global Warming is a fact. No scientist disputed this. The dispute is over whether os not it's man made. Do you research these things, or just go on what you hear people say?

13) Humility? "You're either with us, or you're against us." Just yesterday he says about the Russia retaliation against Georgia, "Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century," ... "The Russian government must reverse the course it appears to be on ..." In my opinion, anyone who speaks in absolutes and in a threatening manner retains no Humility.

14) To address his "love of country" and "love of the men and women who protect this country":

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I too thank Mr. Bush, you see if he didnt steal the 2000 election then we would have never known 'Our Votes" are Jokes..
we would have never realized that our Laws dont apply to everyone equally as we have been told for destroying 200 years of good will to all peoples of earth. I thank whom ever it is who violated our sense of right and wrong, Now we can form a more perfect Union and I suggest we start right away by Thanking Mr. Bush for leading us to the brink of self destruction so we can Form this more perfect Union.

Thank You Mr. Bush now go to hell and never come back~!@

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
(slaps head) You have to be kidding.

I don't have time (probably pointless anyway) to respond to each of your points, but...

History will treat you kind, Mr President.

I'm still holding on to the hope that the day he leaves office (thank God), he and his admin. is put on trial for war crimes and/or murder. Either way, I see no possible scenario that history will treat him kindly.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well look at it this away, Do you really think Bush isn't going to spill the beans like a little school boy... they wont let him live or should I say the people he had murdered will not let him die of old age, seems some people still believe in an Eye for an Eye... listen to some of the relatives that died on 911 and lets see how long they let him live... I really didnt think he would make it this far... I thought Cheney would have knocked him off and assended the throne in real Roman Style... you can see it in his eyes... Cheney is one real evil SOB.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I seriously want to get off this damn Planet, there is so much BS in every corner im surprised most of us are not trying to grow something in it, how anyone can look at the damage this man has done to this world and then praise him is way beyond belief.

He is sitting there smirking with his little buddies feeling all mighty and powerful, and we have all hail Mr president the worlds most powerful man, what a crock, let him prove his acceptance and popularity by walking alone from the whitehouse to the Congress with one days notice he is doing so, No secret service or police, then lets have a pool on how far he gets.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Good grief, take a Mylanta,

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am speechless.

(never happened before)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join