It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, President Bush

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

I hope you're being sarcastic. Because I don't think Nancy would agree with your statement. Nancy's disdain for the Bushes is what prompted the "Just Say No!" campaign.

Oh....the old coc aine bait n' switch, huh?

Please provide a link showing where Nancy Reagan is quoted saying that the Bush drug use was her incentive for "Just Say No".

You can't. It's preposterous.

In the meantime, not only has George W. Bush freed 25 million people from tyranny, he also has protected us from further attacks. Here AND abroad.

Seven years next month....and counting.

President Reagan...my idol, btw, quit Lebanon after one suicide truck bomb killed almost 300 Marines....some as they slept.

Ah...perhaps if Reagan had the stealth weaponry we have today, maybe he WOULD have started the bombing in five minutes!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

The "Reasons I hate Bush" threads are a weekly occurance here.

His wars are a daily occurence.

What are you going to say next

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
This is directed to all the liberals and people who have incessantly criticized
the President and his administration. If you can do so much better, then
HAVE AT IT!!!!!!!!!! Maybe each and every one of you should run for POTUS! Now is the time:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

I'm sure I speak for many people when I say I am sick and tired of all the BITCHING, WHINING, MOANING and GROANING!!!!!!

This was a thread started under very altruistic intentions and many have taken great pleasure in bastardizing the OP as well as the thread in it's
entirity! What I don't get, is why bother to post on THIS particular thread when there are plenty of other Bush Hating topics on ATS?

Stop moaning.

And accept that your leader's behaviour is sick, deomonic and disgusting.

People are mirrors as to what they see. We are gettign fed up with it.

People are fed up with sheeple like you.
So quit moaning you, and get with reality.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Your getting paid to this

Your wasting your time btw.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I would like to thank George as well:

1. Thank you for showing the other politicos that no matter that you are a draft dodger, coc aine addict, and drunk, and thief - You too can become President.

2. Thank you for doing more than anyone since Tricky Dick Nixon (another proven thief) to destroy the rights and freedoms of Americans.

3. Thank you for spitting on the sacrifices true Americans have made to preserve Democracy and defend the Constitution of the United States.

4. Thank you for stealing billions of dollars from the People of the United States.

5. Thank you for setting Women's Rights back a hundred years.

6. Thank you for stealing from the poor to give to the rich.

7. Thank you - and Dick Cheney- for creating the right-wing dictatorship that you have known all along Americans need.

8. And above all else - thank you for murdering thousands of Americans so you and Dick can steal those billions.

9. And thank you for insuring there will be no future for American children.

"If the American People do not revolt every twenty years - They shall get the Master they deserve." Thomas Jefferson

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
..... thank you Mr. President for raping the American people with an oil crisis that helped your family and "buddies" make billions in profits while millions of Americans struggle every day just to get by, hence driving prices up on other necessities, for opening up protected naturals areas for more of your "buddies" to use ravage in the name of "progress" so they can make MORE millions, for passing legislation that snowballs so that millions of American homes are foreclosed upon, so the disabled have to waits YEARS to receive the money they put into the system during their working life and even DIE or become homeless before they receive the help they so desperately need, so that senior citizens can't afford their drugs and barely get by without the help of family.... you will certainly NOT be forgotten. You may just be remembered as the WORST EVER American President in history. Iraq was all about money and oil.... is it a coincidence or are our forces are usually employed when it has to do with money and greed? And may Satan welcome you warmly when your time here is done.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Sorry, but Bush has been a tragedy for this nation and for all of humanity.

* He is responsible for the deaths of 100s of thousands of mothers, children, brothers, fathers... I don't think you can truly connect with the despair that losing a loved one like that injects into the world. Bush has unleased a tidal wave of grief, misery, fear and rage into a popuation of innocent people who were just trying to live their lives and get by.

* Beyond the loss of loved ones, millions of people have been displaced. Can you imagine what it would feel like to have your home and livelihood destroyed by an invading army; to be forced to flee with your aging parents and children to some unstable hell hole spawned by the invasion?

* Even today in Bagdhad, few residents are lucky enough to get electricity more than 5 hours a day, or enjoy the benefits of clean running water and plumbing. These people have been totally screwed over.

* The Iraq rebuilding was unbelievably botched. Books have been written documenting how people were placed in key positions, not based on their understanding of the functional areas, but based on their alignment with issues like abortion(!). The ineptitude of the administration is beyond the pale.

* Do you understand that the Iraq war was a massive transfer of wealth from the American people to the coffers of the military industrial complex and the ancillary corporations that serve them. The vast majority of the money spent on the war goes to them: almost nothing to the soldiers or to the Iraqi people.

* The region is now far more unstable than it was before the invasion and the potential for further violence has greatly increased. Terrorists and extremists and haters of America have been greatly multiplied.

* Under Bush, constitutional liberties have been attacked to an almost unprecedented degree and secrecy has spread like wildfire. Under the ludicrously named Patriot Act and follow on legislation, the Govt has been given powers that could one day be used to establish a Dictatorship. People can literally disappear in the dead of night, without charges being filed and held indefinitely. We conduct torture and circumvent the Geneva convention. What kind of an example have we set for others? Hatred and disgust with Americans has increased all around the world.

* The gap between the rich and poor in America has risen to its most extreme level ever. Unfortunatley, the American people fell for the tax cut propaganda. Sure you get a $100 off your taxes--but do you realize the rich guy across town is saving $millions?

* Our debts have risen to ruinous levels. Bush turned federal surplusses into the biggest deficits the nation has ever seen. After 911 he presided over the biggest expansion in credit we have ever seen and now all that debt is unwinding. Look for painful times ahead. It's already set in motion.

* And what didn't we do? Despite the talk of democracy and human rights, we didn't fight in Sudan, or Burma or Zimbabwe. Instead we attacked a regime that had nothing to do with 911 while ignoring the strong linkages the 911attackers bore to Saudi Arabia.

* Bush suppressed evidence of global warming, censured scientists and edited their papers.

* No effort was made to get us off oil or develop alternative fuels until the recent corn based ethanol initiative, which has a negative return on energy and has led to food shortages around the world.

* Perhaps worst of all, Bush may well have presided over a conspiracy of inaction wrt 911. The adminsitration may have allowed it to happen in order to create the fear necessary to make us easy to manipulate and control.

* What a different world we would live in if that man had not come to power. As I said before, it's been a tragedy--not only for the US but for all of humanity.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The worst thing is look how many stars the original poster has

And the fact that all the people who gave him stars belong to ATS??
so either that means he has givin himself all those stars through different
ip's or something, or thats how many people on ATS that need to be banned forever, because they are obviously either cointel pro or something, because im sure that people who are like minded and bright enough to join onto this site wouldnt share those views AT ALL
i mean the people who like bush are mostly up in texas rooting their sisters while there twin brother is growing out of their back trying to molest the chickens, they wouldnt have any idea how to use a computer anyway?? I mean honestly how disgustlingly stupid could a person honestly be to thank an idiot like bush? by the way im from New Zealand and i work really hard to PUT FOOD ON MY FAMILY!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Do you believe this junk? Let's look at a few of the points here:

Thank you for liberating Afghanistan.

Q: Now why was he so interested in "liberating" Afghanistan, and not some of the African countries where a lot of worse genocide was going on? A: OIL

for standing strong in Iraq, when others wanted to surrender.

Why are we in Iraq again? OIL. Did you thank him for killing over 100,000 (estimated, the official number is 30,490) Americans? And that's not counting 1,252,595 Iraqis. Then there is the cost of the war.... So far, the war has cost the United States $144.4 billion, including $25 billion in the administration's FY05 defense budget signed into law earlier this month. An additional $60 billion is expected in a supplemental request after the November elections. According to the Defense Department, the cost of containing Saddam Hussein over 12 years was only $30 billion.

Think what that money could do here at home! Why are you thanking this man? For being some macho cowboy? Wars often produce a boost in the economy. Not this time. The US Dollar is worth very little at the moment.

for putting a dictator on trial for war crimes and receiving the final justice he deserves.

Who set Saddam Hussein up in power? We did. Sure, he was evil, but we turned a blind eye for a VERY long time. Various U.S. diplomats and intelligence officials have asserted that Saddam was strongly linked with the CIA, and that U.S. intelligence, under President John F. Kennedy, helped Saddam's party seize power for the first time in 1963. So since 1963 we didn't give a rats ass.

Who helped set up the Talaban in Afghanistan? We did! In the early 1980's the CIA and the ISI provided arms to Afghans resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and the ISI assisted the process of gathering radical Muslims from around the world to fight against the Soviets. Osama Bin Laden was one of the key players in organizing training camps for the foreign Muslim volunteers. The U.S. poured funds and arms into Afghanistan, and "by 1987, 65,000 tons of U.S.-made weapons and ammunition a year were entering the war."

Thank you for doing actually something about Al Qaida...

We sure did something! We gave them money and arms and training, and the Bush family is close to the Bin Laden family... and why can't they catch Osama again? Wake up and smell the oil already!

working hard to get the economy going after 9/11.

So why are we in a depression.. eh, recession? And with us controlling so many oil fields in Afghanistan and Iraq, why is the cost of fuel so high? Please answer that.

for resisting the pseudo science of global warming.

The only pseudo science is that it's normal. Global warming is happening. We have proof of that. Many scientist have studied this and agree it's real, and not a normal warming and cooling cycle at all. People talk about the Little Ice Age. Some of the past global cooling was due to volcanic eruptions, such as in 1816.

Crowley and Lowery, describes the LIA as "a modest cooling of the Northern Hemisphere during this period of less than 1°C," and says, "current evidence does not support globally synchronous periods of anomalous cold or warmth over this timeframe, and the conventional terms of 'Little Ice Age' and Medieval Warm Period appear to have limited utility in describing trends in hemispheric or global mean temperature changes in past centuries."

Scientists have identified two causes of the Little Ice Age from outside the ocean/atmosphere/land systems: decreased solar activity and increased volcanic activity. Also depopulation during the Black Death, with the resulting decrease in agricultural output and reforestation taking up more carbon from the atmosphere may have prolonged the Little Ice Age

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Getting in on the tail end of this thread but gotta say...

HOLY JESUS!!!

You gotta be kidding me with any praise of Bush!!! Historions will no doubt rank him as one of top 5 worst presidents we've ever had. All ya gotta do is look at statistics to see that. Only the rich has benefited under his reign..err rule. Only rich and demented right-wingers support him unless they're just ignorant of history and what he's done. Total and complete pawn of big oil, "defense" and other corporations. Total rape of our treasury costing thousands of lives. The total sell-out of America.

Frankly, after 7 years of *Snip* anyone that says otherwise is ignorant, greedy or a poor bamboozeled but well-meaning Christian locked onto key terms like "pro-life" or whatever. Or a combination thereof. And, regardless of their circumstances, I have to give these cretins a hearty*Snip*

Mod Edit: Profanity

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.
Please Review the Terms and conditions

[edit on 15-8-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriotIn the meantime, not only has George W. Bush freed 25 million people from tyranny

They don't seem to feel that way in Iraq.

How about freeing people from hunger and poverty right here in the USA!

he also has protected us from further attacks. Here AND abroad.

Why were there no attacks before he was in office?

He hasn't protected us from anything at all. Just made us think we have something to worry about. We needed a "new Pearl Harbor", and he created one. The cold war was over, who's the enemy now? Faceless evil terrorists!

All he's done is ruin the economy. He's also passed several bills that take away our liberties. Look up the Patriot Act. You can be jailed as a terrorist just for taking part in a peaceful protest!

[edit on 15-8-2008 by DavidRavenMoon]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Some justice to a Great President. History will, no doubt, see GWB as one of the greatest Presidents and as one of the great leaders the world has had.

Like you said, THANK YOU Mr. PRESIDENT.

Let's just hope the next one, John McCain, will be at least half the man GWB proved to be.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Yes, thanks George. Thanks for being on my favourite 'pull my finger' t shirt. Thanks for all the golden moments where you could hardly form a sentence and have given us all a great laugh while we thought "hey, this guy is the most powerful person on the planet..."

But most of all... Thanks for keeping the oil flowing and highly profitable! We could not have done it without having almost 100,000 people killed in bloody violence and having millions of people displaced from Iraq.

Not to mention the 4,000 or so young Americans that have been sacrificed in the process.

But hey, I guess that's where having been an oil boss and having almost everyone on your team coming from an oil background helps.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by mattguy404]

Don't you also have to thank your Prime Minister too? And all the Australian forces that invaded Iraq along side the US, UK and most of Europe's countries?

If I'm not mistaken you also have your young Australians that have "been sacrificed" in the process, or don't you even care for your noble countryman keeping Australia's heritage of fighting the good fight and always standing by it's allies?

Australia also has it's private security firms in Iraq and, thanks to its participation in the Alliance Of The Brave, will also have access to the rebuilding, and the OIL, of Iraq.

I won't even go into your actions in East Timor, wouldn't want to embarrass a Great Nation because it has a couple of badly informed idiots living there...

Almost forgot, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!!

[edit on 15-8-2008 by NorthWolfe CND]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
omg. i'm rolling on my floor laughing my ass off by reading this thread. i salute every last man women and child who posted in this thread who is making bush look more like an ass.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND

Some justice to a Great President. History will, no doubt, see GWB as one of the greatest Presidents and as one of the great leaders the world has had.

How so? Give some examples. This is what I call "Internet Bravado"

Bush has a 28% popularity rating as of this month, so it doesn't seem like anyone is agreeing with you.

This is one of the worst recessions we have had in a long while, and the dollar is at it's lowest.

So please enlighten us on why this man is doing such a great job?

Like you said, THANK YOU Mr. PRESIDENT.

Let's just hope the next one, John McCain, will be at least half the man GWB proved to be.

Since W isn't much of a Man, that old coot doesn't stack up to very much of anything! Hillary is more of a man than both of them!

Oh yeah, and to the original poster who doesn't agree with Global Warming. Like most Bush backers, you obviously don't read much of anything you don't agree with, so you must have missed this interview with W:

Interview with President Bush

Q Mr. President, for the record, is global warming real?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes, it is real, sure is. But the solutions -- having said that, the solutions have got to be measured and realistic -- you can't have a solution to global warming unless China and India are part of any international pact. It's one of the reasons I didn't accept what's called the Kyoto Protocol, and therefore was labeled as anti-environment. I'm a realistic guy. If the major emitters of greenhouse gases are not a part of a solution, then those who are part of a solution are acting in a way that's simply not going to -- it will affect their own economies, but it won't affect the overall global warming issue.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
yes thanks you Mr.POTUS,

for lying us into a war we didn't need to wage

for somehow convincing most of the country of a link iraq had to 911 when there wasnt one

thank you for taking more vacations than any other wartime president in the HISTORY of the US

wiring tapping the us citizens...

and so much more..

thank u so much for all your wonderful contributions towards ridding me and our constitution of a great many liberties... and clarifying for all of us here in the US that the "Constitution is just a piece of paper"...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thank you for looking the other way as AL-CIA opertives attacked the financial and military hubs of American power on 9/11.

Thank you for at least pretending to look for the ex-cia bad guy, Osama Bin Ladin while our troops surrounded our next oil rich target. (Iran)

Thank you for invading and occupying the 4th largest oil reserves in the world, (Iraq) and then spreading millions of dollars in U.S. currency to complete strangers so that terrorists could buy weapons and keep attacking us, so that we could never leave the oil fields.

Thank you for threatening the contitution and our Freedoms and making us aware that we have none left, (Under the guise of getting bad guys)other than what corporate America, lawyers and our controlled politicians tell us we have.

Thank you for supporting the oil companies and increasing gas prices making us all realize that we are totally dependant upon oil and that we are all idiot slaves of our zionist controlled state.

Thank you for not having a clue how the economy works and causing lots of stupid people to buy houses thinking that they would be going up in value, even though every available manufacturating job was shipped to China and every service sector job to India long ago.

Thank you for working with our Corporate controlled congress to make sure that the policies of the CFR and other such elitist controlled organizations are enacted according to plan.

Thank you for supporting the save America housing act which will cause banks (Read nameless, faceless corporations) to make less money than they originally wanted to and cause property values to plummet nationwide as banks foreclose on and unload houses at insane prices.

Thank you for attempting to bankrupt the 3rd central bank of the U.S. (Too bad you didn't spend enough cash)

Thank you for calling black people clean, promoting the black race and alienating the base from the republican party, with your economic policies that push the white middle class majority towards the elietist controlled democrat canidate Barack Obama. (The next elitist controlled politician)

Thank you for pretending to be really stupid and incompetent.

How else would the guppies have fallen for the ruse of you not having a clue of what is going on?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Amazing when we live in a day and age where it is cool to bash the Commander and Chief. That fat pig Clinton got it light from the media, and most of you left wing nuts. I guess that is because he is a coward like most of the demorats. Bush has had to deal with more in 8 years that any POTUS has in the last 15 years before 9-11. Quit crying about Iraq. No one gives a crap anymore. it is old news. Stocks are going up, gas is going down, and Obama is dropping in the polls. Get over it.........And I am sorry for coming off so harsh. I am reading the book 1776 right now

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

if you honest to God believe the CIA pulled off 9-11 you need to have a ct scan. The CIA was a broken shell during 9-11. Thanks in large part to Clinton. Look the other way. Jesus people on here are INSANE.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I think I've finally worked out why this thread exists. For the 8 or so months I've been on ATS, I've never come across anything like this - sure, there's been anti/pro Obama/McCain, but why the sudden fawning over George?

Yes I know, I'm pinko-atheist-lefty that's critical of a country I don't live in.

But hear me out.

America has its war on terror, and that's been going absolutely swimmingly. Sure, there's no timetable for a withdrawal from Iraq, and the Taliban are gaining strength in Afghanistan, with it spilling over ever more into Pakistan, but that's not the point.

US compatriots could before blame sand-eating towel heads for all of their wows. You know, the screaming hordes of 750 million Muslims that all want to destroy America and wipe their asses with ol' faithful.

But now, after playing around in the ex-Soviet states establishing missile shields and other such brouhaha, it's upset the Russians - who Americans have been taught to fear.

Now, instead of Bush announcing he is going to invade a country on the auspice of something that does not exist, he is denouncing this arch nemesis, Russia, for doing the same thing, which it itself has been doing on shaky, possibly ill-forsaken reasons.

Being an Australian, it was an Australian who was the first person to be convicted in Gitmo after being stuck there for 7 years, after a military trial that immediately saw him released back to Australia (where we are still waiting to hear his story, his gag order is supposed to be over).

The bloke shouldn't have been over in Afghanistan, and he even confessed to meeting Osama! But don't worry, while it was an Australian of all people to be the first to have a conviction recorded against them among hundreds of other detainees, I'm not going to do the same thing. Chill.

Oh, and China has the Olympics.

Now there's the possibility of a black man being elected amongst all of this! The best the right wing side of politics has to offer is McCain - he's not necessarily a bad guy at all, but I don't think he is quite what Republicans had expected to make it through.

And now, with George being the croaking lame duck president, there's this up swell of teary-eyed patriotism for him. He's sending in Condi Rice to Georgia? Well, she was there just a month ago and that didn't seem to help things a great deal, did it?

It actually seems to have gotten somewhat worse. I've actually heard that several US citizens thought the state of Georgia was being invaded by Russians, not the country, I hope this has been cleared up.

All the while, Israel is hankering for the US to ship it weapons to go bomb the crap out of Iran.

Despite the fact that George has been the most unpopular President in US history, some people still can't believe that their fellow citizens, and fellow global citizens, might have a disagreement with the notion of giving him any 'thanks'. Is it really so hard to believe?

I think a lot of people from overseas have kept their noses out of this thread, but I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I indeed flagged the thread and gave it a star, and I'm intrigued at the way that this thread has developed and at the answers that have been given to thank George.

On that note however, I will seriously say that Mr. Bush has taken the enormous amount of criticism locally and abroad very well.

If your own President can take criticism, a patriot should be able to do the same thing.

Give us some counter arguments - I for example say the war on terror has failed. Osama bin Laden has not in fact been found, there were no WMDs in Iraq, and Afghanistan is a mess ruled why war and drug lords, pumping out 90% of the worlds opium supply, an increase of three-fold up to 6,700 tons in 2006 since the invasion.

As commander-in-chief (as he himself put it), he has failed on all accounts.

If you disagree with this fact, do so, and give some strong basis to suggest otherwise.

Here in Australia, our news was awash with the latest updates in the candidacy race. We’re tens of thousands of kilometers/miles away, so how can this be explained? Because America is a global, hegemonic superpower whose culture has infiltrated many Western liberal democratic countries.

Because of this, Americans must be aware that we on the outside are going to comment and we are going to criticize the leadership of that country that has exported so much culture to us.

This might be unfortunate, or it might be a good thing. China for instance just drowns out the world’s criticism of its leaders with media roadblocks.

Do you want your country to follow the same path? That would go against democracy and against what Mr. Bush prides his self on; freedom of speech.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join