It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, President Bush

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
this is one of my thoughts for a thank you. vids.myspace.com...

[edit on 13-8-2008 by slayerfan]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
reply to post by Cool Hand Luke

If it were me in office and people were attacking me all the time, I would probably loose my cool and tell em all how it is.

So I guess thank you Mr. President for keeping a cool head and not telling America to F- off. Because thats what I would do.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by JesterMan]

Ahahhahaa. So very truthful.

I may not be for my president, but I will never turn my back on him and what he does. After everyone who treats him like he was a worthless amount of time even though it was THEM that voted him on stand (?) I do respect him, and DO thank for him for doing what he did.

Good job Bush, your were greater than some.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sigh. I can't believe so many people with so many intelligent things to say were baited into rambling on with this inane George Bush arguing...

I thought this was the Almighty ATS! All of you who so predictably jumped in with your "Yeah, THANK you!" sarcasms and your "What, you're thanking the man who..." outbursts that 768687680769679 people have been spouting for 8 years; come on, I thought all you guys were conspiracists! I'm from Canada and know bupkus about American government/history, but I know enough to know that the President himself has verrry little to do with all these decisions that are being made.

I think that the President being essentially a figurehead is as obivious to all of you as to me. Bush was a loser just like the last several U.S. Presidents. He just happened to be in power when some major shifts were decided to be put in motion by whomever the powers that be really are. Do you think that if someone else was in office in 2001, that anything would have happened differently? That is, differently enough to have changed the course of how things played out? Of course not. Do you think the 2nd Iraq invasion was plotted up by ol' Dubyah around the campfire POST 911? Come on! I thought you all thought he was stupid.

Do you honestly think the absolute mess of America's immigration, education, healthcare, etc, would've been magically untangled to any signifigant degree by whatever other schmuck was "voted" to "lead" the country?

Bush was the same as any other President in my book. There are always wars, economic movements, etc, in motion years before these world leaders end up in power, it's just a matter of timing as to what man/woman happens to give the speech. These things weren't his "fault". They happened under his watch, but, really, did he have enough swing to really change anything? Aren't there channels that bills and things go through?

I'm just sick of these slogan-shouters wasting time on such a useless topic. You're playing into exactly what anti-Libs insult Libs for. I think you guys know the solutions to America's ills won't be found in the voting booth for President when all you have to choose from is the Demopubes.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by WizardVanWizard]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by septopus

Originally posted by Jezus
You can't fight ignorance with hate.

this is infact one of the most intellligent replies i have ever seen on this board. this is infact the first reply that has prompted me to reply myself. quoted for truth sir.
some would say ignorance is bliss. let the OP live blissfully in his/her own little world i say.
"live and let live. "

The problem is, the OP's willful ignorance of the facts affects everyone, because, it was on the backs on people like the OP, and some very friendly electronic voting machines, that bush has managed to stay in power. This ignorance affects everyone, not just the OP himself. And, I'm sick of "rising above"..time to drop the hammer on ignorance, with some truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hott_Nutz

You have made blistering accusations starting with the election and ending
with the murderous crimes the administration has commited. Only I see not one shred of evidence to back your claims up.

I guess when your boy Barry loses your going to scream election fraud and come up with all the excuses one can manage. Your entire post is nothing more than hate mongering!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I would like to say thank you for securing the freedom that me as well as so many others treasure. Thank you for making this world a little safer for me and my family. Thank you for not only standing up for President Bush, but for accurately portraying the truth of what has gone on during his administration.

I too, am sickened and saddened by the amount of vitriole portrayed here
by members. While we may all disagree can we not all act respectful, and
put a stop to all the Bush bashing?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

I think Misha Saakashvili said it best this morning on American Television.

"What America should do now first of all, clearly make known their intentions and we know that they're considering all kind of different options -- then clearly send peacekeepers on the ground. Secure lifeline at least for the capital at this stage and push very hard to overcome the situation. Who else can stand up for liberty in the world?"

And I think President Bush's statment is a perfect answer.

"I'm sending Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to France where she will confer with President Sarkozy. She will then travel to Tbilisi where she will personally convey America's unwavering support for Georgia's democratic government. On this trip she will continue our efforts to rally the free world in the defense of a free Georgia. I've also directed Secretary of Defense Bob Gates to begin a humanitarian mission to the people of Georgia headed by the United States Military. This mission will be vigorous and ongoing."

Those of you who hate the President, ought to understand one thing. Despite your fear and your self-hatred for being American...despite the fact that you think popularity in the polls somehow equates to good leadership....despite your complete lack of real knowledge of how international relations actually work....he is still doing his job.

Who else indeed?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Standingby

Originally posted by noangels
Many loath the draft dodging, drug abusing and religious using Bush not because it trendy but because he is a vile man.

He is souless,just like his rancid Neocons who value money more than life itself.

If you like Bush,good for you

Just understand that the people who dont do so for a very good reason

You are describing Clinton.

Bush served in the Active Reserve he served his time like many of us did. To say that the reserve is draft dodging is acutely ignorant. He deserves, and the other millions of American's who are in the Active and Reserve Armed Forces, a small amount of gratitude.

I am amazed at the foolish statements I am reading on this thread. WoW I have neve seen so many people with no comprehension of what war is or means, and what the prupose of it is. All I see is hate, and ignorance. Typical!!!!

THANK YOU to the PRESIDENT of THE UNITED STATES for the past 7.5 years!!!!!

I only wish I coul vote for someone like you this time.

By the way the Purpose of NATO was to counterbalance Stalin, which you listed above.

The US invaded Iraq for the purpose of giving the people liberty all 27 million of them. Thier past leader was responsible for over 2 millon deaths from war and murder. That dictator is no more, wake up people we live in a world were a small number of people can kill millions. There are groups with alot of money who want to do just that, doesnt that figure into your equations. To deny terrorism as a non threat is a FOOLS paradise, in a world of WMD's. WAKE UP!

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Standingby]

I remember that day when they showed on TV, millions of Iraqis giving W the finger. Remember that? Millions and millions of blue-stained fingers held high. People weeping.

For those who are interested in some cogent analysis of our response to 9-11 and why we are in Iraq, I recommend "America's Secret War" by George Friedman. There is no politics in it. Just sound information, of the kind you won't get from the talking heads.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
We are still being led to believe the same official BS story of 911. How do I trust a man who let us believe the lies?

Two freakin' buildings fell down and killed many innocent people. The people Bush is supposed to be loyal to. The people of his own country. The country he is supposed to be patriotic to. Then a third falls down.

He supposedly "stands up" to these evil dictators and such, but he can't tell us the truth about 911. Why doesn't he stand up for that?

Do you see the contradiction?

Maybe he is just a Pain Drug Hypnosis puppet, who acts on commands? Maybe he is more evil and cunning than we give him credit for, and has had us fooled for some time?

I don't know, but he has yet to prove his innocence in 911.

How can I say thank you?

Troy

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by jfj123
Bringing up past presidents has nothing to do with the subject here.

In a way, it is. Go to the source of the problem. I was just being sarcastic before, but it's true. Things weren't suddenly bad as soon as Bush took office. Osama bin laden was offered up to Clinton, and he didn't want him. That doesn't make Bush a good guy, but it sure doesn't mean that he's 100% responsible for that problem.

Bush does have a crappy approval rating. News flash: So does Congress.
In fact, their rating is worse.

Agreed that he isn't 100 percent responsible for osama but he is 100 percent responsible for Iraq, the oil industry, illegal wire tapping, torture, extraordinary rendition, executive orders, etc....

Congress is no better then bush. The Democrats promised to fix things and the first thing pelosi says is that impeachment is off the table. HUH???
I say fire em all and start over.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Originally posted by Justice11
In a time of war,strong leadership is needed and boy does america need leadership right now and Mr.Bush will be remembered as one of the best.

John Mccain '08!

Bush created the wars and we're losing them both because of his lack of leadership. He'll be remembered as the worst president in American history because he is

And remember, a vote for john mccain is a vote for world war III.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by Becker44

I would like to say thank you for securing the freedom that me as well as so many others treasure. Thank you for making this world a little safer for me and my family. Thank you for not only standing up for President Bush, but for accurately portraying the truth of what has gone on during his administration.

I too, am sickened and saddened by the amount of vitriole portrayed here
by members. While we may all disagree can we not all act respectful, and
put a stop to all the Bush bashing?

bush deserved to be bashed for all the illegal things he has done in office. Why is that so hard to understand. He doesn't need a pat on the back for authorizing torture, kidnapping, illegal wire tapping, dismantling the Constitution, etc.. he needs to be bashed for it. DUH

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

You hit the nail right on the head! Thank you Mr. President! Although there is alot more that I would like to add I do not wish to ruin what this thread is all about! With that being said, I think your right on . I totally agree with you!

Bubba
American White Man

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I guess I'll join in:

Eh, thanks mr. president for 600 bucks?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
you do know that this man you thank is doing his best to remove most or all your freedoms you hold so dearly being american.
I dont understand how ppl will let the evil come and even embrace the evil with open arms it scares.. and depresses me.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thank you president for being so open and straight forward with the american people telling them the truth, covering up nothing.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Koskov]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
you do know that this man you thank is doing his best to remove most or all your freedoms you hold so dearly being american.
I dont understand how ppl will let the evil come and even embrace the evil with open arms it scares.. and depresses me.

Well said !!!!
I feel the same way.

I'm really confused by people who actually want to thank him

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
History will see GWB and gang for what they are, a small group of thugs who devised a war profiteering plan on America and methodically dismantled the democratic republic form of government to replace it with a dictator fascist regime, which is well on its way to realization.

These thugs will NOT leave office in January.

It will take a world court to try and convict them, and hopefully that will happen in my lifetime.

BTW, the guy who started this thread must be trying to win some sort of contest by posting a comment that guarantees hundreds of hits. Trolling at it's best.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

It's called "Nation Building" in this country. Some call it "expanding an empire". Call it what you will. If you want to call it "extending land mass", please do so. But, it all leads back to increasing global power.

Iraq was never about liberating a country until we found no WMDs. There were not many terrorist in Iraq until was occupied and the U.S. caused an insurgency. And those that are in charge (i.e.: president, congressman, senators, corporations) all benefits from those acts of war ... making them war criminals.

So yes, I am comparing Bush to those people. He, just as those that I've listed, invaded a country illegally, without approval of the U.N. Like you said before ... what's the use of having the U.N. if you're not going to listen to them.

As far as genocide? Maybe not intentionally, but compare innocent civilian deaths in Iraq to military or opposing forces' causalities. Let me know what you come up with.

Now, is Bush all that different than those that I've listed? I think it was a rather fitting comparison.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join