It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, President Bush

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
President Bush just gave a brilliant, yet extremely firm speech directed at both Russia and Georgia. He continues to face events in history that no other US President has ever had to endear. He will go down as one of the greatest presidents in our history. You can all choke on that!

brilliant? you think this speech and his plan are brilliant?

yes...it's brilliant to send armed military flights into a hot zone disguised as "humanitarian aid." even more brilliant to talk of sending our navy in to do the same. and it's particularly brilliant to be taunting russia at the same time. one stray missile and we're in wwiii. but hey, you and your ilk would love that. war makes you money, doesn't it? and you and your kids don't go into battle.

well...i'll stop here and just say that this comment of yours explains quite a few things.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Not all American on here consider themselves Americans. So he might be yours and my president, but he is far from all American's president. Lots still think Gore and Kerry won.

I agree with you, and that is the sad part, we dont have to agree with everything done, but evrything done, is still done by OUR COUNTRY, and I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, regardless of what person is in charge.
I dont always like my bosses, but i still work...dont I?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just keep feeding the divide.

Conservatives, keep thinking liberals are stupid commies that look at liberal media like CNN and MSNBC.

Liberals keep thinking conservatives are dumb neocons that look at FOX News.

Keep feeding the divide people. Bite each other's head off.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Frankidealist35

... I VOTED FOR HIM TWICE because I felt he was the best man for the job.

The writing was really on the wall, wasn't it? If Bush was the best your country could come up with, things must be pretty damn bleak!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by donhuangenaro

Name calling will get you no where.

Not getting into a pi$$ing match with you and reverting to name calling.

well, you started calling people 5th graders

so, I'm not sure what are you talking about when mentioning 'name calling'?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i think some people also have praise for the president due to wether they enjoyed finacial success or not under his watch, never mind wether the ship simply dodged the first ice berg (iraq trading in euro's) . perhaps the globalists are putting in/championing a Anti war president (obama) that will allow the end of the petro dollar and america as a super power. Hopefully NOT! however it is a moral dilemma for some to know that killing "innocent civilians" is the price to pay (petro dollar warfare) for the ability to pro-long the "goldilocks" economy.

so long as mortagages are resetting, foreclosures will be rising=house prices are falling= bank capital/collateral contracting= less and less credit being offered to customers and businesses= finally the Upper class in society being hit by the credit crunch in a way that tangibly effects the rest of the economy as they curtail their spending. Seems like the time is right for the world economy to make some adjustments and change some country's into more consumer oriented economy's while our consumers may be remembering the 1980-2008 period as "the good ole days' for shopping and spending, surely a nucleus of intelligent finance (see private equity) will find a way to create the credit the economy needs to continue, but not at the rate we have been accustomed to IMO and especially so should we not be the privelaged beneficiary's of the petro dollar system-financing of foreign creditors . Wether the petro dollar system is determined to still be in the bilderberg's best interest remains a mystery to me.

would it not be interesting to contemplate that perhaps the neo-cons allowed our economy to be propped up another 5-6 years further than should opec have been allowed to gain momentum converting dollar to euro's? perhaps there are fractions within the elite steering mechanism fighting for supremacy, or better put, that they believed there were multiple ways/paths as well as some flexibilty in the timeline's to the inevitable diminishing of the american empire. wether the neo-cons propping up the economy was something of a pleasent side effect for their own pursuit of wealth and greed may be beside the point, however at this juncture i think the PNAC and neo-con goals may not have been for a "new century of growth" but instead use that as more an empty promise/punchline to help rationalize their actions for invasion b/c it sounds better than saying we will position ourselves better to benefit and profit from an invasion as well as to be established in a overseas position which may have more potential for growth as the world order transitions.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yes thank you Mr bush

Ty for making the world a much , much , much safer place to live in for me and my children.

Ty very much indeed!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thank you president Bush!!!
But please, use some K.Y. next time!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

you gotta be kiddin me? thats just about the stupidest thing i've heard in a long time

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
i'm typically not this rude, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion based on your frame of reference, experience, education, and general observational and analytical powers. but to be perfectly honest, my visceral reaction to this was to throw up a little in my mouth.

Hope you don't choke on it.......that would be a shame.

I completely agree with the OP. Thank you President Bush for making it safe for me to go back to work days after my city was attacked. Thank you for making me feel safe after watching 2 beautiful buildings fall from the sky. Thank you for helping me get up in the morning so I could attend funerals of people I once worked with, done business with or just knew through a friend.

Years from now, when people look back on your presidency they will realize everything you had to ordeal. One day they will look back and say.....damn I can;t believe how much he had to put up with.

Good luck in the future George!!!

Yes thank you George for making this one guy feel better while the rest of us feel like # because of your incompetence. Never mind America's tarnished reputation, billions of dollars wasted, thousands of lives lost and 8 years of wasted time. Bravo. You made one guy feel more secure. That's certainly the epitome of presidential achievement. Bravo!

Years from now, when people look back on your presidency they will realize that to judge a leader, one must only look at one's own feelings. If a leader makes you feel all comfy inside, then he's great!

*shifts thoughts from Bush to Obama*

After all that's what matters in this country nowadays...feelings.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by JCMac]

[edit on 13-8-2008 by JCMac]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Thank you for maintaining the artificial need for oil and for making children cry.

Thanks for letting the innocents die.

Thank you for letting Gary McKinnon fry, because he could possibly jeopardize the worldwide social, economic and religious (artificial) structures.

Most of all (to all the leaders of our world) FOR YOUR INTEGRITY.

Sooner or later...TRUE JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED.
A justice where all men are truly equal and free.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
I realize hating President Bush is the cool thing to do, just like anti-war protesting was popular during Vietnam. I realize it's trendy to blame all of my problems on the GWB, just like the Jane Fonda liberals of the 1960's and 1970's taught us to do

[edit on 12-8-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

well man.. im not doing it to be Trendy.. it's because i've done my own research that can be verified that gives me a my basis for opinion.. I wasn't around for Vietnam or the 60's and 70's... anybody who things Bush is honest and trying is hardest for the good of the American people are seriously in denial... theres nothing else I can think of.. certainly not for an intelligent debate.. theres absolutely nothing for the Bush lovers to say in defence... wow what a joke

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

The U.N. is not a nation. It's a coalition of nations, of which America is one of (and one of great persuasion within said coalition). Of which the Administration ignored their urged request not to launch an attack upon Iraq with the "Intelligence" that this administration said indicted Iraq had WMD.

Why abide by one request that everyone knew would result in thousands of innocent civilian deaths, like oil trade sanctions, and disregard another that we thought would mostly affect the military regime of Iraq?

It's a rhetorical question because there's no definitive answer for it.

Your snide remarks such as "grow up" indicate your immaturity and "sour grapes" attitude when presented with differences of opinion.

I saw a great quote on someone's signature earlier. I believe it was by Winston Churchill and was something to the effect of, ""A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject". Maybe you're fascination with George W. Bush impairs your ability to objectively view certain facts and conveniently ignore others.

Fact is, this country has been on the wrong coarse, internationally speaking, for a long, long time and George W. Bush did nothing to recognize, nor change it. Don't feel bad though, there's a long list of Presidents that preceded him that have done the same.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by paxnatus

You need to wake up to the real reality of the messed up world Bush has helped so massively to create.

Why do I need to wake up? Because i happen to disagree with you? Perhaps YOU need to wake up!!!

We could argue this point all day long and get no where!!! But since you feel Bush is responsible for our " messed up world" , tell me, is he responsible
For the Aids epidemic?

Is he responsible for climate change?

Is he responsible for "Imanutjob" (tyrannical, and terrorist leader in Iran)?

Is he responsible for Russia invading Georgia?

Is he responsible for Kim Jong Il and the oppression of the people in North Korea?

Is he responsible for Hugo Chavez and the marxist/communist way he rules his country?

Is he responsible for the slaughter of innocent babies daily?

I could go on, but what's the point? To you, and your narrow minded view
of the world around you, the answer would be an unabashed yes!!!!!

Maybe when you are not so emotional, you could provide a measured response, for your vast generalization.

The truth is, yes, George Bush made mistakes, he is just a man like any other. He is not an infallible human. Given the un ordinary circumstances of what he dealt with, shortly after coming into office, his performance has been remarkable.

Rather than bitch and moan about how bad the world is, and how those circumstances point to one man, and since you would be better at the task, of course(sarcasm)! Why not run for office yourself? Given you could do such a superior job!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

I was asking a question using a top rated game show title here in the USA. Was not meant to name cal, but ask a question.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is one of the most insane threads I have seen on here to date. At least, this gives us the opportunity to recognize that a lot of people are still so far out of touch with whats really going on in this "reality". People are still incredibly divided..we will go nowhere fast like this.

I hope that people can wake up while we still have the chance to. Do it for your future, and your child's future...our future.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by traderonwallst

The U.N. is not a nation. It's a coalition of nations, of which America is one of (and one of great persuasion within said coalition). Of which the Administration ignored their urged request not to launch an attack upon Iraq with the "Intelligence" that this administration said indicted Iraq had WMD.

Why abide by one request that everyone knew would result in thousands of innocent civilian deaths, like oil trade sanctions, and disregard another that we thought would mostly affect the military regime of Iraq?

[edit on 13-8-2008 by tyranny22]

Why have a United Nations if your not going to enforce you own rules and regulations? As far as I am concerned the UN is a waste of time. They just hope things will get better eventually.. We can't continue to wait for eventually. Someone has to lead If it means we act on their behalf. At least we have the might and the GUTS to do it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thank you Mr President for Reaffirming my faith in HELL ON EARTH!

Thank you for Ignoring the fact we have at our disposal, Water power, Air Power, Solar Power, E-coli waste to Fuel, Trash Power, Hampster power.

Thank you for Claiming we are Liberating these Countries, But really meaning the Pipelines and Allie's neighbors.

thank you for racking up both US and other friendly countries as well as Non friendly countries Civilians Bodies in the name of freedom of which you still have yet to shown Iraq is free.

Thank you for Showing Us, the american people How our rights and Freedoms can be Malformed, Degraded, Dulled, Ignored, and outright Altered.

Thank you for Proving to us time and time again you care more about Companies who rape americans of money they barely have, and how you Humor the People of thie Great nation who actually Run the gears and cogs of this Country.

Thank you for being a Puppet with half its strings cut, the rest that arent cut are of course for you to use with your companies and friends.

thank you for Illegaly Wiretapping us all, Untill you broke our Rights to Make it legal.

thank you for helping some of us become so brainwashed they actually think your a good hearted American boy, whos just trying to do the best you can, While scores an scores of other americans without the Elitists money banks cant become president.

Thank you dear Lord of America, King of kings, Emperor of the free lands.

Liberate more countries so we can Spread Christianity I mean Freedom thruout the world.

thank you for helping the not so informed an understanding americans believe in you, to a point they actually think its right to Kill scores of people to get something done.

thank you for showing us how truly your vision of hell on earth can become a reality.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This whole thread full of hate is what MY country,the USA is all about now.This is why we can;t get anyone better than "The three Stooges " to run for Prez of this country,why would anyone with integraty or honor or any morals at all want to when we have become what this thread depic's.The OP tried to make a point and has been called everthing imanginable.Some things that I thought would be removed,but sometimes the mods can't even keep up with the hate mongering.
The people who post that are Americans have the right to there openion no matter how hateful it is ,people have died for that right,but those of you from other countrys makeing comment about America are truly self asorbed MORONS,all you know is what you read and by your own definitions you can't belive anything you read.Butt out MORON,inspite of what you might think we Americans will clean our own house,we have never needed your help or input before and we don;t need it now!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Do you realize that you used the word stupid 9 times and the word dumb at least 2 times in one of your post? May I suggest investing in a thesaurus.
Repeating the same mantra over and over doesn't give your post much credence.
These are ridiculous, subjective personal attacks. They have absolutely no bearing on any facts.

I'll ask you once again Ireland, Why do you care and feel so compelled to bash the President of the United States of America? Why are you responding to a thread that has to do with paying respect to OUR(the U.S.A) leader?

Maybe I should start a thread about Ireland's Prime Minister Ahern! Just a thought.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join