It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nickelodeons 1983 UFO-Kidnapped Mini Series. Were they trying to tell us something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
A 1983 Pilot series that never quite made it in which the main topic of the show was Gray type Aliens abducting people as pets and travelling to another part of the Universe to sell a few of the abductees as live stock/slaves.

One of the earliest accounts I can remember being taught about extraterrestrials and from where? Early cable TV's Nickelodeon! Were they trying to tell us something?

Boy this UFO pilot, Land of the Lost, Mysterious Citys of Gold (Olmecs) and Unsolved Mysteries had me scared to freaking DEATH to sleep at night as a kid!

Please watch and comment.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by Chaos Lord]

[edit on 8/13/2008 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Great find. S&F'ed and commented. I'm surprised no one else has replied yet. Maybe if you had posted in the UFO forum rather than something as "boring" as education and media...

I love old sci fi shows and being an obscure kids' show that never lasted more than a pilot episode makes this all the more fascinating. I was only three when this aired, so while I remember being a Nick' watcher during childhood, I honestly can't say I recall this one. (Although for various reasons of my own I have reason to suspect that something "paranormal" may have happened to me during that time frame.)

Some random thoughts and reactions in chronological order:

Love how the cop is aligned with the hostile aliens. At least they got that part right. I want to believe in benevolent aliens, but if they are in league with ANY governments or "men in uniform" of this earth, then by definition they are agents of control and thereby enemies of freedom.

The kid's name is Aleister. (OK, they spell it differently but it sounds the same.) You ever met anyone with that name? The only one I can think of is Crowley. But then again, I'm a fan of that Beast.

The aliens can talk to you 'through your mind' and they make your 'cage' look 'like your bedroom so you feel safe.' Curiouser and curiouser...

BTW, here's the IMDB link I found: UFO: Kidnapped @ IMDB

The inside of the ship can 'look like anything you want' ... as long as you can "just imagine it!" A reflection of "the matrix" or the true nature of reality? I.E. we are all "trapped" by the "alien" powers, but only until we recognize the fact and learn to imagine something better. Further emphasized by the burglar abducted during a crime who wakes to find himself in a jail cell. "sam's a crook, and so a cell is where he imagines himself to be."

What about the ship's controls - you sit in a chair and think of what you want to see - similar to SG-Atlantis and the Mountauk Project (primitive mind not supposed to be able to control...i.e. you need the 'ancient' genes.)

Sam gets violent because he thinks he's in a prison but he's not...but he is still a prisoner. What's this say about our own violence and aggression on this apparent "prison planet" ?

Alien space ship is powered by a 'contained' black hole - anyone thinking of the LHC? Also the ship travels through black holes which seems to suggest the wormhole travel of "star gates." According to this show, there is a blackhole at the center of each star...one "stargate" per planetary system?

Travel through black holes seems to suggest a psychedelic trip. It is "frightening but not dangerous" and "strange things will happen, strange things we'll see."

jail cells = alien imprisonment (its all the same...any restriction of individual freedom, even for the most heinous individuals, is an inhuman restriction of our basic liberties.)

The most disturbing part of this is the whole dominance/domestication dynamic, which is probably why it got axed. You love your pets and like to think you give them a better life than they would have in the wild...so how would you feel if you were just as much a "pet" to an apparently "superior" species? Of course, those who think we humans are unique in the multiverse may feel a distinct aversion to even thinking about such ideas. Nonetheless I would not want to submit to being a mere pet! It seems more likely that our intergalactic visitors would either want to collaborate with or conquer us, but there's no reason why they shouldn't want to simply 'domesticate' us instead... which, looking at society, seems very very likely to have already begun long ago.

If you empathize with the humans in this show, then how can you justify "owning" your pet dog or cat? I'm sure some will say "but its different" - BUT, what if you imagine the "owners" as something as highly evolved (spiritually and technologically) compared to us as we are to our pets? We can't argue that they must not be THAT evolved by the mere fact that we, whom we set up as paragons of virtue, still enslave other species either for food, fun, companionship or profit. I love dogs and can't wait to "get" another one, but I still feel the need to raise these concerns. If you can't challenge your most basic beliefs, you might as well be dead, right?

OK that's all I got for now. Loved the show and would like to hear more comments. Are there other episodes available, perhaps that were filmed but never aired?

[edit on 12-8-2008 by shipovfools]

[edit on 12-8-2008 by shipovfools]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
All very good points! I will have to respond better later in the day as I have to run.

How do I go about getting this moved to Aliens and UFO's?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thank you Mirthful Me for moving this topic!

[edit on 8/14/2008 by Chaos Lord]

new topics

top topics

join