It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really say that John Titor was a hoax after all this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here is my evaluation of the current situations. Russia and Georgia are at war-- we are supporting Georgia-- and John Titor predicted something along the lines of war with Russia. John Titor predicted that there would be a women President (could have been Hillary). John Titor also predicted a civil war in 2004 (could have happened if the chaos from the elections from 2004 went any further). What are your thoughts? Is John Titor a hoax or is he a seer?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
his a guy who seriously needs medication. I believe the reason you have not seen him is because he has told the wrong person which happend to be a physciatrist and is now locked up.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

What makes you think he needs medication? There are plenty of people like John Titor that are crazy, and John Titor basically told us the future, and, a lot of what he predicted came true or at least partially true.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have predicted things that have come partially true, your dreams tell you.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by deathpoet69

What makes you think he needs medication? There are plenty of people like John Titor that are crazy, and John Titor basically told us the future, and, a lot of what he predicted came true or at least partially true.

Nothing he has said has come true. No civil war, no ww3, 2008 games not played, ect...

I think alot of people have been brainwashed by titor successfully. His alternate timeline bs did the trick
lol

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

Explain how he brainwashed people with his thoughts. I believe that John Titor could have been genuine. He even did make some predictions that had to do with CERN. He also talked a lot about Russia, and how that Islam, or that the Muslims would have to do with the upcoming war (the one we're in now). I'm just saying that John Titor isn't as crazy as you think.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
So in the 3 examples given, 2 are almost/could have's. Not an overly good record.

And while he may have said alot about russie, if you were going to have a stab at predicting wars 10 years ago, who would be at the top of your list?

I reckon russia would have been there, so would the muslims/islams mentioned above.

Had he mentioned Mongolia, and something had happened, id be a little more impressed.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HeHasNoName

Yes... but did all of his predictions take place before 9-11? That's what is making me curious about John Titor. John Titor seemed like he knew something. And with Russia acting on its current course we might certainly see the future that John Titor talked about.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think the olympic thread pretty much covers it 100%. He cant be wrong on anything and still be legit, and he didnt 'predict' anything per se, he just reported what already happened. If what already happened on his timeline didn't happen on ours, he is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
No, if what already happened on his timeline didn't happen on ours, he is in a different time line.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrdslover
No, if what already happened on his timeline didn't happen on ours, he is in a different time line.

Which means nothing he says matters.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would be interested to know how much time people actually spent researching Titor.
What a waste that must have been, a couple of hours here, another couple there, all the wasted man hours that could have been spent researching other things.

Makes me wonder how many other people are out there researching similar stories.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
there are hundreds or times in the past decade where civil unrest could have led to a civil war if the right circumstances hadn't happened. there are hundreds of ways we could have ended up at war with Russia.

'it could have happened' is not a confirmation of a prediction. period. there's really nothing more to say than that.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
Maybe he foresaw the events of a parallel universe.
Maybe his 2004 civil unrest was the result of a Kerry victory in some parallel universe.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrdslover

Star for a most plausable post (assuming he really is a time traveler / time travel from his supposed time in the future does in fact exist). It would follow and make since that the time travel forces of the future would want to continue trekking back to this time thread and tinker with events to avoid the catastrophic events Titor said would happen. If that occurred and the efforts were successful, then it would follow that the Olympics would go on, and that civil war did not happen.

I still think it is possible, and that Titor might actually be real. The problem is how can you prove it? Being able to continue to go back in time and change the time line seems to destroy needed falsifiability. Thus, we might never know. Just like it's difficult to prove that he is the real deal, it's by the nature of the logic just as hard to show that he is indeed a fraud. The jury is still out then on this one, and so we must conclude that we fail to confirm and are unable to disconfirm at this point.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
it is proven that john titor was hoaxing and his real name was general alex mcsexypants.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
?

[edit on 14-8-2008 by angus1745]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Everybody is forgetting one thing that Titor said;

There's a percentage of difference in various worldlines and therefore there's going to be some difference between our worldline and Titor's.

In our worldline, Titor stopped Y2K by warning people in 1975 when he picked up the IBM 5100 computer. The lack of Y2K in our worldline was a divergence point between our worldline and Titor's, therefore our history is going to be different in big ways and small ways.

The themes of some of our recent history has been mirroring Titor's timeline, albeit in different ways. Although the Olympics have taken place with a lot of fakery going on, we are now entering a new Cold War with Russia, just as Titor predicted we would. As for his prediction of a "His/Her" presidency, it could be a reference to a Obama/Hillary administration, a John McCain/Female VP administration, a McCain/Hillary administration or even a fight over the election in the U.S. House of Representatives based on a 269 vs 269 Electoral College split.

People who keep claiming Titor is a hoax are not very good thinkers because they have linear and limited one track minds who dismiss the possiblity of time travel because some predicted event doesn't take place in the exact, precise way that was predicted. In other words, they don't have the intelligence to understand time travel.

In order to understand the multiverse, you must have a parallel mind and accept the idea of divergence between worldlines.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Okay, here is the logical fallacy:

1. John Titor said that he was sent back in time to collect a machine, the IBM 5100, which he would bring back to his own superiors, so that they might use it to avert y2k38.

2. As you and Titor claim, his presence in this "worldline" has altered the future, and this was known to him before he even set out.

3. Titor, now on our worldline, and not his origin 'line, would be returning to a future on this, our new, 'line.

4. There would, therefore, be no point in sending him back in time, because the item he was meant to collect could never be returned to those who needed it.

5. John Titor, even if he were a time traveler, would not logically have been sent back in time for this reason.

6. Since he has not been sent back in time for the stated reason, there is no conceivable reason for him to have been sent back in time that would be so central and important to devote the resources necessary to develop a time machine to send him back in the first place.

Q.E.D.

Now, you might claim that he could somehow navigate the 'lines such that he would return to his own, but this also means that he would have to navigate across an infinite number of such 'lines. He also, in going back, would have to pinpoint the particular 'line that would lead him to the IBM 5100, as there would be an infinite number of histories, the vast majority (if I may use a term that does not quite fit with the concept of infinity) of which would not even have such historic outcomes.

I at first was quite open minded to the idea of a time-traveler. I speculated on numerous things that might prove him right: disputes over the 2004 election, protests to the 2008 Olympics, et cetera. But, unfortunately, I simply cannot accept an unfalsifiable claim, with its own built-in explanation for why his predictions fail.

-LaMarseillaise

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join