Obama: "Under my watch, NASA will inspire the world once again." + McCain position

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

So i guess when Obama says

"And we have to do more than provide short-term relief. We have to secure our long-term prosperity and strengthen America's competitiveness in the 21st century. One of the areas where we are in danger of losing our competitive edge is our space program. When I was growing up, NASA inspired the world with achievements we are still proud of. Today, we have an administration that has set ambitious goals for NASA without giving NASA the support it needs to reach them. As a result, they've had to cut back on research, and trim their programs, which means that after the Space Shuttle shuts down in 2010, we're going to have to rely on Russian spacecraft to keep us in orbit."
(from the post above)

What he REALLY is saying is "I Hate nasa and i will cut its funding for purposes of sending our money to my black family in africa" ??

I dont see how its possible, even in those early morning dazes where you're still 1/2 asleep, to extract your version of his words and policies.

...i don't get it. Perhaps you can elaborate on Obama's words, and help us read "between the lines" ?

As far as i see it - he's all for increasing funding.

If his plans are to decrease funding, then this

"And we have to do more than provide short-term relief. We have to secure our long-term prosperity and strengthen America's competitiveness in the 21st century. One of the areas where we are in danger of losing our competitive edge is our space program.

would make absolutely zero sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

It is called double speak, and Obama, or his speech writers, are masters at the art. No where does Obama commit himself to NASA. His careful wording makes sure of this. Without any statements that make any specific commitments, then these statements are just hollow rhetoric.

You can defend such hollow rhetoric until you are blue in the face, and while the choir will parrot your beliefs, those of us with the intelligence to see through such nonsense will simply tune you out, after demonstrating your claims to be false with clear logic and reason.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was looking into how bad Obama's cuts on NASA 2014 budget will be, and ran into ATS threads, including this oen.

www.space.com...
www.planetary.org...

Unfortunately, President Barack Obama’s 2014 budget request for NASA continues the draconian path for planetary science laid out in the administration’s 2013 request… Does the U.S. really want to cede leadership of the scientific exploration of the rest of the solar system to other nations?”

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by below

That's not the first time a president who's pretty much pro-science turns his back on it, due to budgetary problems. Which frankly is silly, since science is a small part of the pie.

Same happened to Clinton and the closure of the SSC.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join