It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did my wife enter another dimension>

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The other night, my wife and I decided to have pizza for dinner, and since I was involved in something I couldn't stop, she agreed to go pick up the pizza. (We live in the country, and delivery isn't an option.:mad

Anyway, she left, and I continued to work. I looked up a little later and noticed that she was running later than she should have. I was concerned, but she arrived home about 10 minutes later, safe and sound. She told me had ended up about 5 miles past our house. I assumed she had her head in the clouds and had just driven past our house without noticing. The next day, she told me what really happened.
We live on a well traveled highway that intersects with a north-south interstate. We live about two miles south of that intersection. She said that once she passed the intersection, she couldn't see familiar landmarks. In fact, she said that she couldn't see ANYTHING on either side of the road. Even though it was dark, she should have been able to see the houses. Most of them are well lit. I have to mention here that we live next door to an RV park, and they have a really bright sign, which my wife said she didn't see.
It was only after she had gone about 2 miles past our home that she realized she was "lost." That was when she saw the one curve in the highway. At that point she realized she was "lost." She became frightened, and would not pull off the road to try and contact me, because of her fear. About a mile past the curve, she recognized a turnoff, turned around and came back, driving very slowly and looking for landmarks. On her way back, everything was where it was supposed to be.
She swears she was concentrating when she came home from the pizza parlor, because she had some diminished vision at night, and she insist(to me) that she couldn't see anything on either side of the road, in spite of the fact that it was clear night, no rain, no fog, and certainly no snow(LOL).
I'm just curious what others on board might think of this.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
interesting summary. Firstly, has she has not made mistakes before while driving back home is rather strange however women do make such amusements and hicups, it could simply be that she went on the wrong road?.

Time dose shift but if she entered another dimension she wundt of come back home. Only she knows what she has experienced and no one else can answer this for you.

go out yourself and see what you come up with, a deminson or being etc will not communicate with you if you have any communication device to another human being or if you are with a human being.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by deathpoet69]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
[edit on 8/12/2008 by dreams n chains]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
May I ask the date and time of this incident, and your time zone?

So much weird stuff is happening right now... I don't doubt her one bit.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
May I ask exactly where the Pizza place is... Country, city and state? I'll send the ex wife out as many times as it takes for her to find that other dimension.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
May I ask exactly where the Pizza place is... Country, city and state? I'll send the ex wife out as many times as it takes for her to find that other dimension.

lol. Send them in to another time shift have a break for a bit

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

You can send her back my way with a large stuffed crust meat lovers and directions to the nearest parallel universe.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

could be the early onset of alzheimer's.

You don't suspect she's fooling around, do you?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
paranormal.about.com...

The type of experience your wife encountered is more prevelant than one might think.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

it was 8/9/08. between 1900 hr and 2000 hrs, central time.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

She has never done this before to my knowledge. And she an almost compulsively safe driver. I have never, in 30 years of marriage, known her to apply makeup while driving.
Time shift might be a better description. But the fact that all the land marks seem to have disappeared for her makes me wonder. I drive this same road every day on my way to work. In fact I have to pass the Pizza joint. I'm intriqued by this whole thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

I don't appreciate the humor, reject. I don't suspect her of fooling around, and she doesn't have symptoms of alzhiemer's.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith She said that once she passed the intersection, she couldn't see familiar landmarks. In fact, she said that she couldn't see ANYTHING on either side of the road. Even though it was dark, she should have been able to see the houses. Most of them are well lit.

That was when she saw the one curve in the highway. At that point she realized she was "lost." She became frightened, and would not pull off the road to try and contact me, because of her fear. About a mile past the curve, she recognized a turnoff, turned around and came back, driving very slowly and looking for landmarks. On her way back, everything was where it was supposed to be.

What about a power outage? No house lights, no signs lit up, could have affected a small and specific area and maybe not hit your house.

She hit the "one curve" and and the "turnoff" she recognized, it doesn't sound like she was in another dimension. I have had many long commutes through twisty turny roads and it is not unusual to go into autopilot and zone out for a while, missing regular turns and such, especially if the power was out. It has happened to me several times over the years (I am sure it has happened to most people) I never suspected "the turn was gone, its another dimension" I just assumed I was not paying attention and I missed it.

I don't quite understand why it would frighten someone so badly, she recognized the turn in the road and the turnoff and was only 2 miles past her house. Seems like an overreaction.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
While I do absolutely believe that stepping (driving) into another dimension is quite possible. I'm wondering about the "10 minutes late" part.

Do you think the time she was gone better matches the total trip she took... or the total trip minus some missing amount of road traversed? Like... if she traveled all (just a total guess) 12 miles of the trip... or does it better match only 5 miles.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is the same evening as all the other posts about weird earth changes. Daylight during night, darkness during the day, explosion in Toronto, ATS went down for 4 hours.

I wonder if where you live is on one of the magnetic arcs of the CERN/LHC which was fired up around that time?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

There was no power outage. I checked. The Highway is a perfectly straight road unil that one curve. I asked her about zoning out. She swears she was paying attention. When she reached the curve said she felt as if she had been lost, and suddenly knew where she was. I think I might have been frightened as well.
I have had episodes where I zoned out and ended up someplace besides where I intended to go. But, I realized I had been thinking about something else, or listening to the radio. In short I wasn't paying attention. She doesn't like to drive at night, so she pays extra attention.
(She is also one of the most focused drivers I know. She never rubbernecks when she is behind the wheel.)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

That might be possible. Can you direct me to a map that delineates thes arcs? I'm not worried about black holes but I tend to think the accelerator might cause anomolies. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I would suggest reading D4rk KN1ght´s threads, this could be related.
(I´m not sure if Blue Beam works at ground level...?)

top topics

join