It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Questions for Mods concerning Moderatorship

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
oh i really enjoyed this thread
wonderful - now i got real inner sights into ats
eye- and mind opening - should become kind of set book for newbies on ats

*stepping out of thread for not disturbing modes in lounge and hot tubs*

oops do mods have hot tubs? or will you guys get them for christmas?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Yep, no joke, between this thread and others I think I was up and logged in for at least 36 hours. There was an explosion of ATS existentialism and a little identity crisis flowing through ATS yesterday and this thread was a welcome release valve.

There were so many mods here and on Mods vs Super Mods that creationists, survivalists, and GFL groupies ran amok and into each other. Funny and disturbing like the speedo guy.

Actually, I think, that the mods might have gotten in a bit of a pickle because if it.
They are being conspicuously snippy and "letter of the lawish" today. As if to compensate for their petulance. God help you if your avatar is a couple of pixels bigger than the T&C requirements. I haven't been here that long but that was the first avatar "raid" I was a part of. Nobody wins with Fascism but the road makers.

Yet the kindness of the mods was apparent. The tone was like "listen, you know I don't care about the size of your avatar but I got to do my job, help me out".

It surely was a great day at ATS. It was a pleasure being a small small part of it.

Anyway, back to bama v. cain. Yikes!

[edit on 8/14/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesII
Why is it that on page one of this thread there are a few Mods posting one-liners without them being told not to issue one-liners? Isn't that a violation of the T&C? Don't the same rules that apply to me, apply to you and other mods? Do Mods have "executive license" to post what they want? Even if it violates the T&C?

If I may field this one...

One line warnings and conduct per the T&C are considered with context heavy in mind.

That is to say, if a member posted a one line answer to a posted question, and that answer was succinct and to the point, there would no breach of T&C.

The one line rule is aimed toward the "Atta Boy" and "I (dis)agree" posts, posts that do not add any information to the conversation and as such only serve to be an added 'bump' to the conversation.

Also, there are threads from time to time that are humorous in nature that we Mods do participate in. We are human and we as well like to have a good time. I also think that it is important to show our lighter side every now and again to show that we are indeed members like everyone else.

These types of threads, feel free to participate in kind..

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Yes, I agree.

Just kidding. We're people too, why don't we get more love

see, now it's not a one line post.

actually it still is, but I'm just making a point.

whats my point? Oh yeah, that adding the line "this isn't a one line post" doesn't stop a one line post from being a one line post.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Earlier someone asked about pet peeves, the OP I think. Mine isn't a big one, it's more along the lines of how you sometimes marvel at other drivers doing something dumb going down the highway'

Why would anybody start their post ..."I know this is off topic, but........" ? If you took time to write that, you could have stopped.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

yeah yeah.... or how about this one...

" I searched but didn't see anything on this".... only to have 3 members and a mod come along and point out the other 5 threads on the exact subject...
:shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by NGC2736

yeah yeah.... or how about this one...

" I searched but didn't see anything on this".... only to have 3 members and a mod come along and point out the other 5 threads on the exact subject...
:shk:

Is it go through Sdog's profile day?

I will tell you the same thing I tell Mrs. Sdog: You're right, I'm sorry, it's my fault.
Can we move on now?

Anyway "I'm new here so I'm not sure where to post this . . ."

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well, after pages of reading, I can add "what they said."

Oh, and add one more Canadian (currently residing un the USA) here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

Thanks for stopping by Zed, it truly is an honor to have a Site Admin. piping in. I really don't know all that much about you... if you have time fill me in. If you don't have time, that's cool, just know that it's nice meeting you.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I see this thread is starting to fizzle about both on the member side as well as the mod side of the equation. I know I say thank you too much as it is, but.... I'd like to take the time to say a special thank you to everyone that made this thread what it is, both informative and fun. I, for one, will be watching every step I make on ATS, and not because of the mod boogeymen that might be out to get me if I make a mistake. I'll be watching my step because I have an astronomical amount of respect for the mods for coming and goofing off like everyone does from time to time. What I'm saying is... I'll continuously behave myself out of respect for the mods as opposed to toeing the line because of the threat of negative consequences.

The down side of this of course, is that fact that now the mods know who I am, my name will stick out when they are reading a thread I have posted in. It's kinda like knowing the principal in high school. It can certainly be a double edged sword. In the end though this has been an amazing thread, and I'm glad I took the risk and slapped together the original post.

Thank you.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Osiris1953]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Cool pet peeves, I have one or two and in no particular order oversize avatars, one line posts, oversize avatars, all caps in the title, oversize avatars, large unneeded quotes instead of the reply link. oh did I mention oversize avatars

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

So in summation you really dislike oversize avatars. I can certainly understand that, I have been annoyed by quite a few during the past year. Thanks for contributing..... it looks like this thread is just about dead at this point. Anyhow, rock on.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join