It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Questions for Mods concerning Moderatorship

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is an announcement of grave importance.

Many of the above posts have been made by a hacker, an ex ATS member, who bears ill will towards our great staff. These are all hoaxed images and comments. (CGI runs rampant on these boards.) We're really very serious minded automatons.

Please disregard any images or statements that made you feel we were human beings, or that we lacked the ability to be perfect.

Failure to comply with this request may result in reduction of some portion of your Life Expectancy Rating, as monitored by our Devil666Computer system.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
Doctor, my eyes ...

Please tell me what is wrong ...

Was I unwise to leave them open for so long? ...

Did we ever get the classifieds forum going?

I think I'm going to need a dog.....

A schrodingers dog?

How may I help you?

NGC2736 You're too late my avatar's been infected.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I'm putting this right out front - we aren't having little mod babies. This baby factory is closed for business.

Wait! You skipped a step...

Are you implying that Mod marriage is possible?!?

I cant believe that you went there...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Marriage? Been there, done that, lost the t-shirt in the divorce.

You should know by now that I go anywhere I want.....

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Thanks for the thread. It has been very informative. I have been wondering about these things myself. Purely for curiosity. NOT for wanting to become a mod. I stand before you today and declare that modship is not on my ‘to do list’. 5 kids and a wife is enough pressure for me….. Everyone please take note of this post. If by some extremely thin chance I ever become a mod, I want you to remind me of this moment.

Originally posted by searching_for_truth

Alien? (Non Earthling)
Non Alien?(Earthling)

(PS. The last 2 categories is just a joke of course)

What do you mean just a joke? Have you not seen this?
ATS MODS EXPOSED!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

A schrodingers dog?

How may I help you?

[edit on 8/13/2008 by schrodingers dog]

Ha ha I should have seen that one coming.

No, I was thinking of a guide dog, but apparently my sight is slowly returning.

I just need to stay out of this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
We are ATS Staff. We are not a static entity.

Oddly enough...that works when dealing with a non static ATS membership.

Question for you Osiris...what did you think of Alarmists' threads?

If you have to go back and read them, please feel free. His presence here reminded me that he is one of the more interesting new members...
...and it seems fair for you to provide your opinion regarding ATS after having encountered such a prolific response...

Does this make me a 'pet peve'?

Osiris, don't look at my threads, they can cause involuntary spasms, and may lead to a severe loss of body fluids.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

Not even a little...

The type of thread structure that this thread was based on was just similar to a few of yours....

I almost applauded you on a few occassions but was concerned about how you would interpret the 'positive reinforcement'...

psst...interesting and new denotes positive and therefore not a pet peeve.

I simply do not believe in holding internet communication to a social standard as the social interaction is decidedly limited in regards to the social behaviour and reactive behaviours have evolved in real time...internet protocol is still evolving and I refuse to presume.

Merely participate..

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I am humbled by your demonstrative tone, yet enthralled by your use of tactical verbiage meant to confound the mitigating circumstances regarding protocols.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Easy question. That would be me. I never shut up. No really, I can go on and on. Sometimes I'd wager they wish they could shut me up but they know that I wouldn't. Not that I couldn't. It's not like i'm blathering all the time. Sometimes I only blather a little, other moreso...... But I digress.

Nice of you to offer yourself up as the sacrificial black sheep. However, I don't see anyone confirming nor denying that you are in fact the black sheep. Should I take that to mean that you are indeed the de facto ring leader of the super mods and they don't want to call you out on your black sheep status?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

Now now, I don't recall having any spasms, but I have since looked up your threads and have read quite a few of them. I enjoyed them. Keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I knew that ATS had their own group of MIBs and now I have the proof.

Just in case you and the other mods don't realize. You are offering up much information that could be used by the more paranoid amongst us for threads involving mod conspiracies. I'm just kidding.... or am I?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I swear to you right here and now that if by some odd twist of fate in the future I end up being a mod, I will use that as my avatar. I will even add the text "Smuggling grapes for Jesus" with "Deny Ignorance" underneath of course.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Without the whole NWO/world domination thingy.

I'm very sorry intrepid, I really am. I like you, and have even more respect for you than I did before... but I'm gonna have to call you out on your one line post. I know it might seem a bit crass, and I know other mods have perpetrated the same violation in this thread but.... You are the only mod to ever give me the the ATS version of a verbal warning about one line posts. So as much as I admire you, I'm gonna have to ask you to give yourself a warning.

I'm also going to have to ask you to review the link below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I don't believe I've ever met or run into you Duzey. It's very nice meeting you, and I hope to see you in my travels more often. Thank you for your participation.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Automatons you say. Were you constructed by Skeptic Overlord. Or did Simon find you guys at a yard sale in Japan? Or perhaps, you were conscious AI born over the internet that managed to have bodies constructed for you to inhabit. So which is it.... hmmm?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I almost applauded you on a few occassions but was concerned about how you would interpret the 'positive reinforcement'...

Now that's funny. Perhaps TheAlarmist and I should collaborate on a thread. Then we can both almost receive applause at the same time. Sound like a plan?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Wow, this thread has really taken off... I actually had to read tonight!

Originally posted by masqua
How come you don't have writer status here?

Ummm.. I never really looked into it, I guess. I'm on ATS almost every night but I don't know if I could regularly submit any kind of writing.

Originally posted by elevatedone

I KNEW IT!! YOU STOLE MY CHAIRS! CURSE YOU, ATS MODERATOR ROBOTS!

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Now write me a story about how Elmer Fudd is an agent of the NWO. j/k... unless of course you want to.

Hmm. Sounds interesting. If I haven't gotten around to it in three days, see if anyone else is interested. The truth MUST be told!

Originally posted by elevatedone
You've heard that the security at A51 is tough... blah... it's nothing compared to the security around the "lounge".

Weak, at best. Next time you're in your lounge, count your chairs. I've already taken two back, and you never even knew I was there!

Why did you do this to us? Do you have something against eyeballs or something?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Mods Gone Wild

The problem with threads like these -- where the mods start acting silly -- is that once enough of us get involved, we basically have to recuse ourselves from moderating the thread, and chaos reigns supreme.

Oh the humanity!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Mirthful:

I have a question to ask. Please excuse my ignorance.

Why is it that on page one of this thread there are a few Mods posting one-liners without them being told not to issue one-liners? Isn't that a violation of the T&C? Don't the same rules that apply to me, apply to you and other mods? Do Mods have "executive license" to post what they want? Even if it violates the T&C?

If this post was a one-liner, I'm sure I would have some mod complaining that all posts should be more than one line.

Your initial post was that of an icon eating popcorn. No words. Only the popcorn & the icon.

Can you please explain that to me? I am perplexed. It does not seem fair to me. Two sets of rules maybe????

-EyesII

Edit to add:

Ooops... I see that many others are asking the same thing. I should have read the whole thread.

What does does Management have to say about the one-liners?

[edit on 14-8-2008 by EyesII]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join