It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Questions for Mods concerning Moderatorship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The only thing I know about becoming a mod is that if you ask to become one you automatically get blacklisted and will never become a mod.

And if im ever asked to be a mod then I know the apocalypse is coming.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So elevatedone likes to chill in a hot tub, in a small speedo, surrounded by floating hair (his own?), and on occasion enjoys wearing a Merry Widow outfit. Wow, that would be a reason to escape the Super Mod lounge. Truly, a frightening proposition.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Actually I think Fred was referring to me when he mentioned the Speedo. LONG story. Not a pretty picture either.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh... shooot... you mean you guys didn't know about me and my speedo and the long hours in the hot tub... drats... opened my big mouth again.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you guys were impressed with out lounge... check out our wheels..

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well now both you and elevatedone are admitting to wearing a speedo. Do both of you enjoy such odd apparel? Do both chill in the hot tub at the same time, as some sort of ATS speedo club?

Since the question has been ignored thus far, maybe I can weasel the answer our of you intrepid... you gotta tell me, who's the black sheep?

Every family has one, and they are loved just the same.... so who is it in the ATS family that on occasion makes everyone just shake their collective heads?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well this is certainly becoming an
eye-opening thread.

and I have a question...

Is it possible for a member to suggest/recommend that someone get applause?

I mean, the mods can't see everything all the time, they're human (supposedly) ...

Maybe sometimes a member might notice a really excellent post or a commendable effort on the part of another member to mediate an argument or bring a thread back on topic, and none of the mods happened to notice it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I have found out that the mods "sense" great posts like a father senses if someone touched the thermostat. It's amazing!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

That is a good question.... and I personally would love to hear the answer as well. It is hard to tell if applause have already been given to a member by mods, unless of course you notice a large jump in points. So mods, what's the answer?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That can't be true! My post count is up to 286 and I only have 14 applauses!

Maybe you're just saying that because you're the mod stoolie in this thread!

:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Look, right....don't believe what they tell you.

I was lying in bed one Sunday morning and suddenly my front door was kicked in and some rather large guys in black suits and shades bundled me into the back of an immaculate jet black '56 Cadillac Coup De Ville

Then one of them chloroformed me and everything went dark.

When I woke up, I was a Mod, with these supernatural mod powers, and the ability to use sarcasm!

Since that day, cats shy away from me and streetlights flicker as I walk under them.

[edit on 13/0808/08 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That can't be true! My post count is up to 286 and I only have 14 applauses!

Maybe you're just saying that because you're the mod stoolie in this thread!

:

I wish! That would be great, I'd put it on my avatar where forum moderator goes.

SDog
Mod Stoolie.

Maybe one day.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

You know, the whole setup you got going with the fully stocked bar and the theater armchairs screams out for a party, dare I say, a sexy party.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Well now both you and elevatedone are admitting to wearing a speedo. Do both of you enjoy such odd apparel? Do both chill in the hot tub at the same time, as some sort of ATS speedo club?

Hang with EO. Not a chance. He's a Steelers fan. Not only do they suck but they're even in the wrong coference.

Since the question has been ignored thus far, maybe I can weasel the answer our of you intrepid... you gotta tell me, who's the black sheep?

Every family has one, and they are loved just the same.... so who is it in the ATS family that on occasion makes everyone just shake their collective heads?

Easy question. That would be me. I never shut up. No really, I can go on and on. Sometimes I'd wager they wish they could shut me up but they know that I wouldn't. Not that I couldn't. It's not like i'm blathering all the time. Sometimes I only blather a little, other moreso...... But I digress.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Oh My! Look what I started..
*Runs laughing hysterically out of the thread*

The visuals..OMG..the visuals!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Speaking of speedos,
Someone emailed me this picture of SO.
I'm thinking avatar for the bravest mod.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
Well this is certainly becoming an
eye-opening thread.

and I have a question...

Is it possible for a member to suggest/recommend that someone get applause?

Absolutely, if you see a post that you think deserves an applause, shoot the staff a U2U. We'll review it and possibly applaud the post.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thank you, that's great to know. I'll try not to be a nuisance with it, but sometimes I do see posts that are really outstanding, or it's obvious that someone is trying really, really hard to be "good." Sometimes that's applause-worthy too!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Another bit of interesting info....

FSME's also have the ability to applaud.

They can even applaud other Staff members, so if you see a staffer who's done a good job or made a good post you can U2U to show your appreciation or ask an FSME to step in .

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Actually I think Fred was referring to me when he mentioned the Speedo. LONG story. Not a pretty picture either.

Dude! No one would have have kknown and Elevate would have taken all the heat

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join