It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Questions for Mods concerning Moderatorship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
...and....as always....No shirt, No Shoes, NO DICE!

uhuhuhu.... I know that dude

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm not supposed to do this.... but ...

we Mods don't really have it all that easy....

Here's a sneak peak at the Super Mod bar and lounge...

remember shhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone know by now, the Mods aren't human. Yes the accounts were once owned by Human Beings, but once they started to uncover the truth, there accounts were turned over to the Master Computer. (the humans that owned the accounts are still unacounted for) Which is what truly Moderates all the involvement of all ATS Members and Content. As you can tell from the Mod posts, the master computer does have a sense of humor.

This is just my take, hey, I am a new member, what do I know . . .
By the way elevatedone, glad to see you changed your avatar that eye peering into my soul was creeping me out.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

What? No hot tub? What good is THAT?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

You've added some true clarification... lol. Good stuff though, sounds like a quest from an MMORPG. Now write me a story about how Elmer Fudd is an agent of the NWO. j/k... unless of course you want to.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Mine is people who lose their cool and flame other members. Sometimes it's provoked, sometimes not (whatever)... the flaming bugs me a lot.
[edit on 13/8/08 by masqua]

I can see where that would be annoying. However, I can't say that I haven't been guilty of it on occasion. Sometimes... just sometimes, it's hard to keep the frustration at a minimum. Thanks for the compliments on the thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'm glad that you don't have anything perpetual that annoys you concerning members. For the most part it seems that you and I are rather similar in personality, so it certainly is a pleasure getting to know you a little better.

As far as Alarmists' threads, I'll have to go and take a look when I get home from work... I don't recall off the top of my head whether or not I've read them or not.

As far as my opinion of ATS. From what I've noticed summertime seems to be the worst time of the year from quality material. The last couple of months, I've spent most of my time on ATS reading, and not posting all that much. Overall however, I love the site, and as much as I dislike the whole John Titor fiasco, looking up information about him is what lead me to this site. So I guess I have to thank for that. I enjoy my time spent here, and I expect to be enthralled by ATS for years to come.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Where are you in Africa? Are you a native? In South Africa perhaps?

Sorry... just wasn't expecting anyone from Africa, so I felt the need to ask.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

When I was new here, long before being a mod, I tended to 'go off' now and then myself. No-one really is without the urge at times and I understand it. As I got more involved as the months went by, I saw how it never helped on a board like this where NOTHING is ever really off my posting record.

This made me wisen up quick.

Now that I'm staff, I'm glad I did.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Nice to see you chime in since you are one of the newer Mods. How are you enjoying it thus far? Hopefully without fear of reprisals from other mods, is there anything you really don't enjoy about it?

Thanks for participating.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Oh no you don't have it easy at all.. scoffs. Why show us the pictures... you know that members will just come up with threads on how to infiltrate your lounge. It will become more intriguing than Area 51 in the coming months. Mark my words.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

I don't know about the super computer theory. However, I have to agree with you... elevatedone's eyeball was pretty damn creepy. I don't like to feel like I'm being watched while I'm typing.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I understand what you are saying. When I come across a bitter feud in a thread now, I tend to try to mediate between the multiple warring groups as opposed to picking a side. When I find myself getting overly agitated by someone's more ignorant post, I tend to just leave the thread behind and avoid posting in the thread altogether.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Alright so we have a pretty good cross section of people working as mods. It really helps manage the diversity of the site I imagine... but I have to ask amongst the mods and super mods, who is considered the black sheep? I don't necessarily mean in a negative way. I'll leave it at that and see what kind of responses you guys come up with.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You've heard that the security at A51 is tough... blah... it's nothing compared to the security around the "lounge".

No one's getting in, guranteed.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

You've heard that the security at A51 is tough... blah... it's nothing compared to the security around the "lounge".

No one's getting in, guranteed.

Perspective is a cruel friend.

I heard that no one's getting out, guranteed.

Lounge/Prison the semantics of a mod's life.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth

Just simple statistic question. (Just Curios)

Mod numbers by nationality:

US:?
Canada:?
UK?
Others?

Alien? (Non Earthling)
Non Alien?(Earthling)

(PS. The last 2 categories is just a joke of course)

As far as Aliens there is Alien

[edit on 8/13/08 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

What? No hot tub? What good is THAT?

There is but we cannot get a certain SuperMod out of it thus we spared you the picture of him in his 3 sizes too small speedo
Not that you would have seen much of it what with all the hair mind you........ was that too much info?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I look Goooooooooood and you know it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I look Goooooooooood....

.... in a Merry Widow outfit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join