During my time at ATS I have noticed quite a few threads that have come about as a result of people wondering about different aspects of the moderator
program. Although I have not posted on all I have come across, I have read most and though they have been very informative, it still leaves the more
inquisitive minds wondering.
I have assembled a list of questions that I would like answered. Since it seems that most mods seem to have fun in these types of threads I am hoping
this one will be no exception.
I also realize that many of these questions have probably been discussed ad nauseum at some point or another, however, I'm guessing that there are
many people out there that are wondering about the same things.
Most of the questions revolve around the process of becoming a mod.
Any mods that happen upon this thread and feel compelled to post, please don't think that I'm expecting every mod that happens by to answer all the
questions. If everyone answers a couple, it should satisfy my curiosity, while not wasting too much of your (meaning the mods) time.
1. How does one get nominated for a moderatorship?
2. Is the forum a forum moderator gets assigned to based on where one posts most often? Or is it based upon expertise?
3. Besides some exceptions is it a pre-requisite that a mod hopeful be registered as a member for a set amount of time?
i.e.-most mods have been here for approx. two years or more
4. When being considered for a moderatorship is it more important to be an expert in a subject, or to independently act as a mediator amongst posting
5. Is the frequency in which members are promoted to moderators based upon membership growth?
6. Does one need a certain amount of posts to be considered? Stars? Flags? Threads created?
7. Once becoming a mod are you expected to spend a specified amount of time on ATS in a given day, week, or month?
8. I have never received a warning, but if one were to have a warning(s) on record could you still be considered for a moderatorship.
9. Once promoted do you get briefed on the full extent of your newfound responsibilities? Or is it more of a learn and ask as you go type of
10. This one might seem a bit ridiculous... but.... Which type of individual stands a better chance of getting promoted: skeptics, conspiracy
theorists, or those who are often fence sitters (like myself)?
I'd like to add a preemptive thank you to all mods who decide to take the time to answer my questions. I truly hope none of them are too silly, or
way off base.
Though the questions are posed to the mods if any other members besides myself would like to pipe in or have additional questions please participate
in this thread.