It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project for a New American Century site Account Suspended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Project for a New American Century

William Krystol is spending so much time on TV pimping for more war with the rest of the world that they let their account for their PNAC site get suspended. Too funny.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Rofl... that made my day, thanks for that.

And no, this is not, though it would appear to be, a one line post

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Meh...

Old news...

End of the Organization
PNAC appears to have stopped functioning in 2006 or 2007. Gary Schmitt, former executive director of the PNAC, a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and director of its program in Advanced Strategic Studies, countered that PNAC had come to a natural end:

When the project started, it was not intended to go forever. That is why we are shutting it down. We would have had to spend too much time raising money for it and it has already done its job. We felt at the time that there were flaws in American foreign policy, that it was neo-isolationist. We tried to resurrect a Reaganite policy. Our view has been adopted. Even during the Clinton administration we had an effect, with Madeleine Albright [then secretary of state] saying that the United States was 'the indispensable nation'. But our ideas have not necessarily dominated. We did not have anyone sitting on Bush's shoulder. So the work now is to see how they are implemented.[19]

As of July 8, 2008, The Project for the New American Century website is inoperable. A message saying that the account has been suspended and to contact the billing department was put on the site's front page.

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems intentional.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Neo-isolationist are people who want to mind our own business unless there is some real reason for our involvement I guess. Neo-conservatives like Kristol seem to think that everyone's business is our business and the American tax payers should foot the bill for every expansionist scheme they want to get the US involved in.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Let me paraphrase that quote...

...[The PNAC] has already done its job. We successfully stimulated the new Pearl Harbour event in September 2001 which catylized the transformation of American foreign policy and military fuction by way of justifying unlawful expansionism. The world is more paranoid, more fractured, more unbalanced and more in need of a New World Order to take the reigns and straighten everyone out with the strict rule of law and security. We successfully clipped the USAs economic dominance and levelled the playing field so that the world's population remains nervous about what will happen next, and unsure of who will be able provide stability and safety. With these stated aims reached, we felt we could now safely step back, sit on our balconies, smoke our cigars and watch the play as it unfolds over the next few years, knowing that we have sneakily steered the game in the direction of our goal line, hence closing our website. What happens from here is up to fate and the laws of chaos. We await the Order that arises from the ashes of the coming turmoil.

"God Bless America!"

[edit on 13/8/2008 by sollie]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sollie

That was great paraphrasing. We should do a parody of the entire now defunct site. I noticed that newamericancentury.info is available and that is only $2. I would like to see that with more of your brand of content. What do you say?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No need to maintain the site...

Events are in full-swing. Kristol must be proud.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

hook it up, i'll be happy to organise some content.

I also do politicians, news readers, social comentators, sports anchors, sportspeople, celebrities - you name it, i'll lampoon it.

certainly my favourite moment in spearing public figures was when i heard George Bush announce on international TV the other day "George's territorial integrity will not be compromised."

[edit on 17/8/2008 by sollie]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sollie

I will see if I can find a hosting service and get the domain setup then. This will be fun and educational.

new topics

top topics

join