It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Never really understood why people bicker so much about the US election on here... surely people on a site like this would know that voting is just a smoke and mirrors illusion - to make you feel like you have control over your country through voting.

Voting Ron Paul doesn't change anything when the votes are manipulated in counting... it was on live TV for gods sake yet you are still harping on about that it'll work.. no it won't. However overthrowing the govt and installing Ron Paul or whoever does. It's getting to the stage where force may have to be the only way to solve some problems. One of them being that USA is sick to the core.

[edit on 14/8/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thank the Lord someone said it. I thought I was going insane with all the same ramblings. Abet - I have been found guilty a few times or not, and being quite new to this sight I condemn on myself... but you are right.

Damn right to stick up for what we believe, not what we the people on ATS fear. Fear is ridiculous and thrown out of proportion.

- SC

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ha! At least in Britain we get to choose our leaders. Oh wait...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Ha!

Very funny...who actually LEADS in a Parliamentary system?

Heck, who actualy really leads in the American tripod of government, as it was originally intended?

Oh, yes! I remember!!!
The majority of the citizens are supposed to dictate....well, not dictate, but express their opinion to help GUIDE the Gov't.

THAT was the basis, of our Constitution...."Just a damn piece of paper" according to GWBush....

I suppose the Magna Carta was also "Just a damn piece of paper" as well.

So....the USA was based on, by the Founders....a 'triad'

the 'Executive', at the top...the 'Juidiciary' as a middle, and the 'Representative' as the base. Suppossed to 'represent' WE, THE PEOPLE!!!

THIS is the pyramid, on the dollar bill, that everyone wonders about...

BUT....when did we lose control, of our 'electorate? It's when money came in to play. Lobbyists, and then Corporations....and it gets filthy after that....I think everyone knows the score, by now.

Oh....the 'ALL SEEING EYE'???

I'll let others handle that bit....it';s been discussed, likely will again, on ATS.

Try to tie this all together, would you please??

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Wow Skeptic this is one of the few times we agree I think. The fact is there is a world of sheeple out there who are just to damn concerned with whats on TV and whats going on in their personal lives to realize that the world is being taken over by "The Man Behind The Curtain" in which I feel those people are the international bankers. I feel the international bankers are the root to 90% of our worlds problems from wars, to the high food, to the high energy I mean who really sets the prices of the crap we buy and sell at the market every day? You people dont really feel we live in a free market do you?

No like Napoleon said "Divide & Conquer" and that is what the powers have done. Keep us fighting over the same crap so we dont see that the people running the different parties or sects are actually one in the same. Good post.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hello again all,

This is a very interesting and timely thread. I have experienced this same behavior and far worse on multiple forums, blogs, and elsewhere. I have been engaging people over the last several years, trying to break through the moronic mindset that has infected the population of the USA and the rest of the planet. It seems to be worse in the USA though. A series of generations have been raised with the idea that freedom of speech is an unassailable concept, with little or no interest paid to the far more important concepts of wisdom and good judgement.

From my point of view, the entire culture of the USA is an abject failure. It is delusion and illusion that hides widespread ignorance and a complete lack of understanding of the basics of life. The vital need to care for and support one's fellow humans and other life forms is less than an afterthought. One need only look at the vast amount of waste, destruction of nature, and this culture of war, greed, self-interest, materialism, etc., etc. Western civilization is a failure and there is no other truthful way to characterize it.

Now please take the time to read through the following links and spend some time at my blogs. I have worked hard over the last several years (and many lifetimes before that) preparing to be here today to offer humanity a way out of this mess. So far, most people have acted just like Bill has alluded to. A bunch of clueless halfwits, too arrogant and stubborn to realize that most of the animals we kill or the people you look down on are far better behaved than most Americans. Nonetheless, most Americans think they are superior. Not because they personally are, but because the civilization they lay claim to has "tamed nature" and subdued much of the rest of the planet.

Well, looks like we have done such a good job that nature is now kicking us in the teeth, because humanity deserves it. Karma's a bitch when She's been riled and if we don't change our collective paths soon, the USA and much of human civilization is going to go down in history as a sad sad story of great loss, much like what we hear of "Atlantis."

So, my counsel to you all is to read what I am suggesting, because it'll help you help everyone else, and that in turn will help you. The key to ending all the wars and struggle is to focus on the needs of everyone else, and not be so clueless and self-centered. You have been duped down the wrong path and now it's about to lead all of you to shame and destruction.

Be patient, practice humility, and seek true wisdom...

Who am I to lecture you in this manner? Pay attention and those who want to know will find out...

Start here...
and
Then here...
and then
You can find all of my blogs at the bottom of this page...

Peace and Wisdom...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
"Just a damn piece of paper" according to GWBush....

The irony that you just posted this in a thread started by one of the site founders in which he listed "patently false information about candidates presented as truth" as one of the major problems plagueing ATS is staggering. Good Lord, in the very thread where the guy asked people to stop with the bullcrap, it continues to pour from the bulls' poop chutes. Hell, now merely by pointing this fact out to you, I've backed myself up to the pile and let rip... I think S.O. is almost right, but with a minor edit... it shouldn't be "there can be no hope" it should read "there is no hope."

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

OK, BM30Ott6

Did, or did not George W Bush say that, about the Constitution? (please select the year, when he stated it)

Is it just an 'urban legend'?? Minds that try to deny ignorance want to know.

I will retract, if I am told it is a false statement, from GWB. This is on record, here....

Slightly off topic, but related to the Pres campaign....

John McCain, because of his wife 'Cindy' has a net worth of about....USD$100 Million, per MSNBC. He owns 10 houses....yet, puts out campaign commercials about how hard working Americans might suffer under an Obama Presidency, because HE, McCain, knows how hard it is for the average workig American. (am paraphrasing here, but the AD makes me want to throw up in my mouth, I've seen it often)

OK....what exactly is the dis-connect here?

YES....OK, Skeptic Overlord is trying to make a point....but, so am I.

OOOPS....I am thinking about it....it's kinda moot....HeHe....it's actually funny, see....you pointed your (censored) gun at me, and I fell for it....BUT, what I have written, will stand!!!

even if we have just proven SO correct....I will now skulk away, tail between legs.................

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
meh,

I have noticed the incredible amount of "youtube" posts not to mention the biased behavior which follows in suit.

The thought to ignore such posts goes only so far as people hold a belief so strongly they are liable to pop when certain aspects of they're own truths look threatened.

I am proud to see in said threads when a debate begins its thoughtful and heated to an extent of heart.

It's not long after though that the mud slinging begins and the thread turns into an outright falsification of what this country is about.

People turn on one another to the point of insulting each other.

Problem stems from the ideas however from this board.... The ideas of a N.W.O., or secret society, or an evil party determined on a goal of control.

When the masses think in such a way I guess its obvious for reasons already told the friction will ensue.

My main question would be. Would the population of the board be willing to let the "unproven truths" I.E conspiracies sit on the bench and focus on actual policies of the runners up in question be the focus of attention?

My guess is that the ATS theme will never permit such a thing. To many people set in their own ways with their hearts in that investment.

flagged and starred, and thank you

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

OK, for the absolute last time, I don't know if anyone has ever asked Bush if he said it. The point is, if you embrace said Constitution as much as you claim to, you'd realize that there's a little thing called presumption of innocence that kinda sorta goes along with the 5th & 6th amendments. There's also the little sticking point of this supposed quote having only been attributed to a single source (Doug Thompson, a man with a major agenda against the president and every reason to fabricate stories such as this) and he admits that it was double hearsay, having heard the quote from 3 staffers who claimed to have heard the quote from another staffer who was in on the meeting at which it was supposedly said. Nobody is named, nobody corroborates the story, and nobody aside from Thompson has ever heard the story except from Thompson. Yet how frequently does it get imbedded into agenda driven posts and threads around here and passed as being the gospell? It is the Alex Jones syndrome... if you tell yourself something is true enough times and then reitterate it by prefacing every lie with "we know that..." in an authoritative manner it obviously has become magically true.

Deny ignorance doesn't mean "call anything that doesn't agree with your pinhole view of the world ignorant." It means to actually think for yourself... don't read that someone you hate supposedly said something which bolsters your negative view on them and immediately say "*gasp!* that bastard obviously said it because it makes me angry at him!" Look at the source of the story and look for some backing evidence. If a perfectly impartial person saw this evidence, their reaction would be "Hmm, well I guess it is possible that this was said, but it is also very possible that it is fabricated and without more evidence it's impossible to say, so this must be discarded unless such corroborative evidence surfaces." I'll tell you, I hate Obama with a passion... yet you'll notice that I don't go running around inserting "His wife considers me to be "whitey"" in threads here. Why? Because I don't know that she ever said that and I'd look like an ass to use something that shakey as reasoning for bashing the man.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

UM....'Habeus Corpus'

Magna Carta

First Amendment, to the Constituition....we all have the feedom to speak...so far.

Peace, good night, and good luck!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Lol, people get foolish around election season.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by MacDonagh

Try to tie this all together, would you please??

You've already got a good idea on what really goes on in the world of politics. We are controlled by smarmy deviant megalomaniacs who are picked purely on their brown nosing skills. That, or the Bilderbergs have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If people would just stop acting so sheepish there would be alot less problems. You have to decide what to believe and why. Decoded "truths" are everywhere but is it really so hard to tell which is which? This is really simple actually, or so they would have you believe. Reply ing back and forth to eachother in arguments which solve nothing, are pointless. Message s should be given to the young at an early age so they can learn easier. Me? I think we should educate the kids or make a stand now. Can't we atleast attempt to? Talk to them. About the idiocy in the world. It will prepare them. In the future hopefully it will be better. Public idiocy is running rampant. Secret s will slowly come to surface. Society will be educated. We will prevail. Need I say more? You decide. Period.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Though I am late in entering this awesome thread (my abundant thanks, SO, for laying it out so succinctly), I wanted to mention why I avoid the threads that say (essentially) Yay for Obama or Yay for McCain (or conversely, Boo for Obama or Boo for McCain).

It is because I see so clearly these parties represent the two faces of the same counterfeit coin they hand us through the media (giving little or no - or disdain-filled - attention to any alternative), the only currency of which is in buying us the NWO.

(Yes, I have said this elsewhere here, but I think it should be oft repeated.)

So venturing into the idiotic mud-sling that I am sure these threads become (if they don't start out that way) seem tiring, pointless and a waste of my time.

So my humble recommendation to any who want a better alternative and to avoid the mud is to avoid these threads altogether.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I feel the same way when it comes to all the wining and bickering about the election. I also find it useless to question the moderators or people who start these threads. I find it sad that sometimes these subjects get ignored and I think that it's sad that you don't simply post them again. I think it's absurd that people get offended when you raise the same topic simply because they wish to raise the awareness of the subject. And furthermore I believe that re-posting these topics is a way of finding new solutions by bringing them up again. What if we have a completely different perception of the same issue.

As for the lesser of two evils I think we need to find a way to do something about it. I have heard so many stories about what grandpa said and I think you should be able to look your elders in the face and tell them that enough is enough. There are a lot of influences on leadership, and there is a lot of control over opinions going on that leads to people develop opinions which don't have any thought. I am really enamored how people blindly choose their leaders. Again I think we need to break the cycle here.

What is the point of giving up when your not doing anything about it? Why can't we find someone with the balls to run this country and take on it's problems and oppose corporate sponsorship? Or furthermore how are we to get them in office.

The fact is, we indeed are controlled. There are hidden agendas and hidden motives for people who are hiding secrets and pulling the wool over us. There are secret organizations and conspiracies. We need to lure them out or something. We just need to do something. We need ideas. We need help. If we get discouraged were just going to make it worse when we don't do anything about it.

For years people have been saying rise up, and every four years we get our chance and nothing we got has enough power to overcome. What to do, what to do? We are not a classless society. There are so many people who just vote for the democrat or the republican. Or they vote for the leader who gives them the most breaks, or makes things better for their income bracket. How do we convince these people to make a decision for us all? I think those people are the morons. The morons who have ignored their personal beliefs in favor of their own quality of life. For ignoring choices that benefit everyone. Why would they want to change so that others can achieve a better quality of life than they? It doesn't matter how the economy turns out to them, or what kind of healthcare the country provides. As far as their way of life is concerned, great decisions don't have an impact on them (they can indeed ignore them, and pay the gas bill cause they have a way). Many of these people didn't do any work to get their, or don't do anything to better themselves or anyone. What to do?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Amen Skeptic, very well written.

George Washington in his Farewell Address to the nation spoke of three major things that would harm the health of the nation.

Two of his warnings coincide with what you are saying. Washington said that political factionalism would be the first thing to hurt the country, splitting the political parties into two would put more focus onto party issue rather thanthe issues of the country. Washington also said that above all we need to put the country before anything before our state, before our party the country should be what we focus our energies on. If you were to focus solely on state issues than you arent thinking of the well being of the country anymore.

What Washington was trying to say was that above all the country's issues are what we need to focus on. He is almost a prophet, everything he warned us against we did. We dont care about the country we only care about what our party thinks about the country. It has become solely what party is better, we dont ever focus on the county anymore. Republicans are anti-abortion, democrats are pro. This country was founded on the ideal that everyone is free and everyone will decide whats best for themselves, but somehow down the line that idea was morphed into the party is free and we need to decide whats best for the party.

Bipartisan government is the worst thing that has ever happend to this country and possibly the world. I agree with you skeptic we need to forget about which party is better and we need to decide who will do the best for the country.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

If neither of the two choices presented to you by "them" thrill you, make it known. Shout it. Tell it. Maybe there are more like you.

And most importantly, cut the damn strings, and find your own original voice... and deny ignorance, please!

THEY DON'T THRILL ME!!! THEY SCARE ME!!! And I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. Now what?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a glitch in the Matrix!!

double posted!!

OMG!!!

[edit on 8/18/2008 by Matrix1111]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join