It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Obama hate Babies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Now I am not saying that Obama does hate infants, Im just wondering why he would vote against a bill designed to keep hospital staff from intentionally allowing infants to die.
www.humanevents.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.humanevents.com...

In 2002, as an Illinois legislator, Obama voted against the Induced Infant Liability Act, which would have protected babies that survived late-term abortions. That same year a similar federal law, the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, was signed by President Bush. Only 15 members of the U.S. House opposed it, and it passed the Senate unanimously on a voice vote.

When the federal bill was being debated, NARAL Pro-Choice America released a statement that said, “Consistent with our position last year, NARAL does not oppose passage of the Born Alive Infants Protection Act ... floor debate served to clarify the bill’s intent and assure us that it is not targeted at Roe v. Wade or a woman’s right to choose.”

Jill Stanek, a registered delivery-ward nurse who was the prime mover behind the legislation after she witnessed aborted babies’ being born alive and left to die, testified twice before Obama in support of the Induced Infant Liability Act bills. She also testified before the U.S. Congress in support of the Born Alive Infant Protection Act.

Stanek told me her testimony “did not faze” Obama.

In the second hearing, Stanek said, “I brought pictures in and presented them to the committee of very premature babies from my neonatal resuscitation book from the American Pediatric Association, trying to show them unwanted babies were being cast aside. Babies the same age were being treated if they were wanted!”

“And those pictures didn’t faze him [Obama] at all,” she said.

Is this the kind of Man who should be president?

[edit on 8/12/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
From WSJ's Political journal (subscri[tion required)

Barack Obama's carefully sculpted image as a moderate may be showing some cracks.

It turns out that while in the Illinois legislature ,he voted against a bill that would have defined a fully born baby who survived an abortion as a "person." The concept isn't that controversial even among liberal Democrats. Senator Barbara Boxer of California, the Senate's leading pro-choice champion, urged her fellow Democrats to vote for a federal version of the same concept back in 2001, saying such a provision did not impinge on the rights enshrined in the Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion. The Born Alive Infants bill eventually passed the U.S. Senate by 98 to 0.

But in the Illinois Senate, when Mr. Obama chaired the Health and Human Services Committee, records show a bill consisting of exactly the same language two years later was voted down by six to four. Mr. Obama was one of the legislators opposing it.

Mr. Obama has consistently denied the two bills were identical. During his 2004 U.S. Senate campaign, he responded to a question about the Born Alive Infants bill, saying: "At the federal level there was a similar bill that passed because it had an amendment saying this does not encroach on Roe v. Wade. I would have voted for that bill."

But documents recovered from the Illinois Senate archives contradict his statement. "In essence, Obama voted to successfully amend the bill in a way Obama has said would have enabled him to support it, before he voted against it," says columnist Amanda Carpenter of TownHall.com. The National Right to Life Committee's Legislative Counsel Susan Muskett calls the documents a "smoking gun" that finally resolve the Obama abortion vote controversy.

The Obama campaign has strenuously attacked critics who bring up the "Born Alive" bill. Last June 30, Team Obama issued a statement accusing talk show host Bill Bennett of "outright false statements" for contending that Mr. Obama wouldn't support a bill that even leading pro-choice groups declined to oppose. Here's hoping journalists try to pin Mr. Obama down on just why he appears to be to the left of his own party on abortion.

Interesting, this thread has been open for 48 hours yet noone is interested in the fact that Obama beleives doctors should be allowed to intionally let infants die?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Top ten reasons why Obama voted against the Illinois "Born Alive" act.
illinoisreview.typepad.com...

10. Babies who survive their abortions are not protected by the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution.

9. A ban to stop aborted babies from being shelved to die would be burdensome to their mothers. She alone should decide whether her baby lives or dies.

8. Wanting to stop live aborted babies from being shelved to die was all about politics.

If Obama supporters support him because of his "judgement" then what do these types of rationalisations say about Obama's "judgement"?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
From CBS news.
www.cbsnews.com...

(AP) Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama may have a lot of explaining to do.

He voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. He supported allowing retired police officers to carry concealed weapons, but opposed allowing people to use banned handguns to defend against intruders in their homes. And the list of sensitive topics goes on.

I am posting mutlitple sources in order to ensure everyone knows this is real.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A time line of Obamas shameful actions in Relation to protecting the rights of infants born alive and living outside of the mothers womb.

www.jillstanek.com...

A package of Born Alive bills was introduced three times during Obama's tenure.

Obama oposed them all. Despite the fact that even NARAL had no issue wiht these bills?

No why is it, on a board filled with "debate" on the candidates, the only response Ive gotten to a thread whcih exposes Obama's extremist views in a well sourced and verified way has gotten no responses beyond a series of juvenile and insulting u2U's from Andrew Wiggins?

Are Obama supporters afraid to address this issue? Are they unable to explain how such actions are in line with thier views? No one is willign o comment other than by insulting U2U's?

[edit on 8/13/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It could be you are not getting any replies because this does not suprise anyone who dislikes Obama and his supporters have their heads in...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I also heard he hates puppies, kittens, girl scout cookies and apple pie a la mode, get a rope!

Seriously, this is outrageous, so Obama hates kids???? I don't know if I can sleep!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
I also heard he hates puppies, kittens, girl scout cookies and apple pie a la mode, get a rope!

Seriously, this is outrageous, so Obama hates kids???? I don't know if I can sleep!!!

So you think Doctors should allow infants to die if the infants mother didnt want them? Not fetus mind you, but infants who are alive and breathing outside of the womb?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
"he said Obama said this'

"she said Obama said that"

is this ATS political discussion

or 3rd grade recess?

[edit on 8/13/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
"he said Obama said this'

"she said Obama said that"

Strawman.
Please point out where any said "he sid obama said. Obama voted against an act that forbid hospitals from allowing an infant to die of neglect simply because that infant had survived an attempeted abortion. This is not heresay, this is Obamas voting record.

A live child born as a result of an abortion shall be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection under the law.

WOuld you vote against this? DOes voting against a law that states this show good judgement?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

if im grabbing straws, then its because thats all this stories foundation is built of

from your post

Stanek told me her testimony “did not faze” Obama.

In the second hearing, Stanek said, “I brought pictures in and presented them to the committee of very premature babies from my neonatal resuscitation book from the American Pediatric Association, trying to show them unwanted babies were being cast aside. Babies the same age were being treated if they were wanted!”

“And those pictures didn’t faze him [Obama] at all,” she said.

So i say again.

"he said obama said this"

"she said obama did that"

is this ATS political discussion

or

3rd grade recess

edit to add

If calling me names makes you sleep better at night- then by all means, go for it.

However, i would ask you to read this post before continuing in childish banter.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Again with the strawman.

Senate Bill 1095, Born Alive Infant Protection Act

Go here to view Obama's "no" vote in the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 28, 2001.

Transcript of Obama's verbal opposition to Born Alive on the IL Senate floor, March 30, 2001, pages 84-90

Obama's "present" vote on the IL Senate floor, March 30, 2001

Senate Bill 1662, Born Alive Infant Protection Act

Go here to view Obama's "no" vote in the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 6, 2002. (ABC inadvertently coped bill #1663, a companion bill. The vote for the Born Alive bill, #1662, was identical.)

Transcript of Obama's verbal opposition to Born Alive on the IL Senate floor, April 4, 2002, pages 28-35

Obama's "no" vote on the IL Senate floor, April 4, 2002

Senate Bill 1082, Born Alive Infant Protection Act

Democrats took control of the IL Senate with the 2002 elections. They sent Born Alive to the infamously liberal Health & Human Services Committee, chaired by Barack Obama.

As can be seen on the Actions docket, Obama held Born Alive on March 6, 2003, from even being voted on in committee. It is also important to note from the docket that on March 13, 2003, Obama stopped the senate sponsor from adding the lately discussed clar ification paragraph from the federal BAIPA, to make the bills absolutely identical.

from Source

And thats from just the most recent link, which lead to PDF files of the documents in question.
Now any other strawmen you want to knock down or dishonest charges you want to make andrew?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

whats with the childlike infatuation with strawman? Do you have a thing for the wizard of Oz?

One thing your "credible" article doesnt talk about is other appropriate measures within the bill.

What was there?

If the bill says "save babies, but.....kill toddlers"

then you wouldnt vote for it.

I've never any more bold of a statement other than "obama WANTS to kill babies"

Do you realize that taking such a stance would be political suicide?

Occam called. He wants his razor.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You guys got it all wrong.

Obama doesn't hate babies.

He eats them!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

whats with the childlike infatuation with strawman? Do you have a thing for the wizard of Oz?

Look it up, its what a weak debator does when he cant respond to his opponents points. See any post by Andrew E Wiggens for examples.

One thing your "credible" article doesnt talk about is other appropriate measures within the bill.

What was there?

If the bill says "save babies, but.....kill toddlers"

then you wouldnt vote for it.

Yes, Im sure thats why there was Bipartisan support for the bills. Now please show, since I have so conveniently given links to the actual elgislation above, where it says "kill the toddlers" or anythign else you feel was a "other appropiate measure"

I've never any more bold of a statement other than "obama WANTS to kill babies"

I never said he did. iN fact, in my OP I said the exact opposite. Another strawman bites the dust.

Do you realize that taking such a stance would be political suicide?

Is that why Obamaniacs are so scared to talk about these votes?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think the reason he voted against that bill should be obvious. He's bloodline. He is related to Bush and the House of Windsor, he is part of the illuminati and the eye on the pyramid. Of course he has nefarious reasons for running. He's also probably a puppet. Wake up world. Do not vote in another bloodline. Research and note genealogy before you vote.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Is that why Obamaniacs are so scared to talk about these votes?

your inability to discuss things without reverting to childish and moronic statements and name calling is staggering.

Have fun debating. With yourself.

*waves good bye*

the quality of this thread (or lack thereof) is no different from

"obama hates children because he doesnt shower his own with chirstmas presents"

that we had to put up with in the D'08 forums.

If you want to discuss issues that are important to you - find a new way of presenting them.

Your childish and vehement approach to things is admirable. If we lived in opposite land.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This thread is closed for staff review.

Shazam The Unbowed: Would it have hurt to present a more accurate thread title?

new topics

top topics

join