It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BigFoot Found??? press conference scheduled.

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

what UTTER TWADDLE - this case was a farsical hoax from day one , get over it and stop blaming ` the evil govoernment ` for EVERYTHING

and as you do not know what our views on the other random conspiracies you cite ACTUALY are , please stop projecting your fantasies

you jumped up on this thread without bothering to read it - or study the case background and got shot down - now you seem over eager to shift ` blame ` from the hoaxers and wriggle out of the fact that you attempted to back the loosers

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

And not very rich either IMO
The most they couldve done was hold a few expeditions with some gullible people, so they make a few thousand dollar tops, thats peanuts given the amount of work they put in.

Yeah make a few thousand dollars if that and lose their jobs in the process.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I for one refuse to believe the hoax admissions....I mean look who's admitting to it... the same guys that said it was real....nope I'm not falling for this hoax of a hoax...this # is real.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It Was Just a Costume

In the end, it seems Bigfoot was nothing more than a frozen Halloween costume.

ast Friday, two men, Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, announced they had found the remains of the elusive legend, Sasquatch, better known as Bigfoot.

The two men had teamed up with self-proclaimed Bigfoot hunter Tom Biscardi, creating a media bonanza replete with claims that they had a real half-human, half-ape body in their possession. They even said they would unveil DNA proof and photographs confirming the existence of the new species.

But all the brouhaha over the "discovery" of Bigfoot, or Sasquatch, was for nothing

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It makes one wonder if the entire thing was not setup to put the squeeze on Tom Biscardi??

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
and we can now get on with the business of putting it on the endangered species list and protect it.

I don't think their in danger...since their so hard to find.lol

We should be on that list above them.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This isn't a government cover-up. It's 3 morons who tried to pull the wool over many people's eyes, including myself who was open to the possibility that this was real. But I was only so open to that possibility until proof of the body was made available, which obviously it will never be.

It's very sad that there are bastards out there who will pull pranks like this and try to scam people out of their hard-earned money. Rick, Matt and mafia wanna-be Carmine (Tom) Biscardi should be dumped in a freezer and placed into permanent stasis.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm glad that police officer got fired from his job for trying this hoax !!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
at first I though "oh well it was another hoax"

My wife, a non-conspiracy buff then said "how do we know it was a fake ?"

She had a point. We never saw the rubber foot or the rest of the body. How do we know the goverment didnt step in and remove the real deal.

Some things to consider...

1. We all wanted proof that they had bigfoot's body. How about giving us the same proof that its a fake. Everyone here was really quick to accept the fake story.

2. The georgia boys got paid for their find. Have they given the money back ? And if not, criminal charges should be filed. Unless of course the govt doesnt want that to happen cause then the georgia boys will cry foul and say hey we had the real thing but took money and allowed the fake report to come out.

3. finally, why would they do this ? 15 minutes of fame hardly seems worth a lifetime of ridicule. Surely they or anyone would know that a fake would be noticed. Surely people wouldnt call for an autopsy and send out DNA samples if they had a fake ?

This doesnt add up to me...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
reply to post by vance

Indeed.

Seems that the Believers who defended this were the ones who were "pretty much caught" this time, to coin a phrase

Not at all.

I never said "IT IS REAL" I only said, I could not make a scientific decision about it, until it was verified.

It is evidently now verified to be a hoax. And It is indeed a sad day.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

That's a good point.

I dunno, what's going on to be honest. I'd love to see the actual picture of it thawing out.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't think a life time of ridicule is in store for these guys. They are probably going to be hailed as local heroes by their friends and associates.

They got on TV, fooled thousands, if not millions of people, made a fool of a self proclaimed "Bigfoot expert", and made some quick cash. Not bad for a couple of good Ole Georgia Boys.

Who knows, there might even be a movie about it one day. The conspiracy angle could be played out and these guys could be portrayed as pawns of a vast right wing conspiracy. They might be given cameo roles in the movie, perhaps as some of the wise cracking reporters.

The only bright side to this sad drama is that I still have the opportunity to be the first to capture Bigfoot. Anyone have Biscardi's number?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverPig

I must have missed that. Can you post a link?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The best thing about this is, we have an ending and are not being strung out forever like the alien hoax video.

The cop is getting fired because his chief says he violated his duty as a police officer by perpetuating fraud.

What will happen to the other goons, how much is the undisclosed sum of money that they were paid for the $500 gorilla suit stuffed with bricks and stuff.

Maybe they will disappear like leprechauns with their pot of gold.

Maybe ATS can file a suit against them for causing harm by perpetuating a fraud of one of ATS's popular subjects or some such thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
at first i thought that maybe they dug themselves in in order to boost these expedition sales but then they just kept digging further because they couldnt back down. before long it was out of their hands. but it doesnt really add up. then again these days, infamy is just as lucrative as fame. who knows the truth behind it but i smelled rubber suit from the get go and these guys just dont come across as criminal masterminds so i would not be surprised if all it is, is that they were not thinking at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
at first i thought that maybe they dug themselves in in order to boost these expedition sales but then they just kept digging further because they couldnt back down. before long it was out of their hands. but it doesnt really add up. then again these days, infamy is just as lucrative as fame. who knows the truth behind it but i smelled rubber suit from the get go and these guys just dont come across as criminal masterminds so i would not be surprised if all it is, is that they were not thinking at all.

You know I think you have a really good point there.

Specifically because, during the press release, Matt kept mentioning "I never thought it would get this big. Maybe a few channels around Atlanta, but now this is global"

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by CleverPig

I must have missed that. Can you post a link?

As soon as he heard Whitton’s Bigfoot was a big fake, “I terminated him,” said Police Chief Jeffrey Turner said Tuesday.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
“He’s disgraced himself, he’s an embarrassment to the Clayton County Police Department, his credibility and integrity as an officer is gone, and I have no use for him,” Turner said. “His behavior is unbecoming of that of a police officer.”

“This turn of events from hero to someone who defrauds a nation is just baffling. I don’t know how he got from one point to the other,” Turner said.

The chief said he wants to send Whitton his termination paperwork and get his uniforms back. However, he said, “We haven’t been able to get in touch with him.”

Kathy Jefcoats of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution contributed to this article.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Who would have ever thought that Rubber could be a conspiracy...

They should be tried by the government for giving them a bad name and handing over false dna evidence...I think they need to make sure the dna isnt of a dead victim tho.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
With all the MSM attention that this story got, and is still getting in light of the predicable fact that it’s a fraud, there’s surely more here than meets the eye. This story was even getting time on political talk radio, and the all-sports station here in Dallas has done several segments on it, with one of the hosts referring to the story being on his ‘run sheet’; his way of saying he really didn’t want to talk about it, but had to.

Michael Rivero of WRH say’s that he was deluged with emails demanding he post the story and discuss it on his radio show, leading him to think that perhaps one purpose of the hoax was to slander and discredit the blogosphere.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join