It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Turkey Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The news could be devastating to the American hawks. The New York Times is reporting today that Turkey may not allow U.S. troops to launch an attack on Iraq from its soil. Already wary of empowering the Iraqi Kurds, the Turkish government is dealing with a groundswell of public opposition to the U.S. war plans - a recent poll found 90% of Turks were against taking part in an American-led invasion of Iraq. The Times is reporting the U.S. is trying to offset Ankara's squeamishness with a $14 billion package (aka a bribe) that could get even larger. But it may be too little too late. As GNN contributor Heather Wokusch writes, the strategic role Turkey would plan in an American invasion cannot be underestimated:

Here is the rest of the story:
www.guerrillanews.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
when it's go time Turkey will take the money and run, letting us use it's bases - imho.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
interesting how after they announced that, they have a commercial plane go down.

Seems to be a taboo to disagree with the US

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The next who say that Turkey has to join the EU, I kick his ass !

This country is a trojan horse in our democracies. This so-called allied nation will betray us. Look what's happened with their last elections. Muslims fundamentalists have obtained more power than ever.
And you think that they are our allies ???

Let me laugh and put them on the rogue nations list !

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
More Turkish forces flow into N. Iraq everyday, and have been advancing on and attacking crucial Iraqi oil cities in the north. In reality, the Turks have been using their newfound influence in further subjugating the Kurds in Kurdistan. Turkey has a severe problem with the position of the United States that seems to support Kurdish autonymy in a post-war Iraq.

www.Debka.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
think of the reasons why they would not want to allow US planes off their soil.

-This war is pointless, Everyone that doesn't have their heads in their arses know that it was the US that took down the towers. I myself lived throught the horrors of September 11th. I had papers flown from there to the front yard of my house.

-George Bush is an idiot, All he wants is the oil. He doesn't care what he does to get it, he doesn't care about the killing innocent children due to this this stupid "war".

-quote: "Muslims fundamentalists have obtained more power than ever." .

What the hell does being muslim have to do with anything??? please answer, The idiot bush talks refers to the talibans and iraqs as muslim, what does that mean to you? just think about it. i dont want to talk about this topic anymore it makes me go berserk. but please think about this.

-As for blaming Turkey, Maybe they dont want to attack Iraq, maybe they dont have any issues with Iraq.

I cant think or type anymore try to get my point of view.

Bush destroyed the American within 3 years, now he is gonna ruin the economy of the world.

Southern Turkey trades with Iraq, if they take a part of this than Southern Turkey and Northern Iraq is gonna close the borders and what is that gonna cause? loss of jobs?, what will that cause?...

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Friendly and peacefull turkish demonstrators who are manifesting in Istanbul.

These peacefull guys have burned many US/GB/Israel flags ( but in a peacefull maner of course ! )

And these guys would have to join the EU ?????

I wonder how many nukes we have in stocks !

P.S : Turkey is a NATO member !

new topics

top topics

join