It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Pope truly represent Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Pagan Sun Worship and Catholicism

www.aloha.net...

Here you see a ceiling decoration in the Sala delle Arti Liberali. It is the coat of arms for the Borgia Pope (Alexander VI, 1492-1503)It consists of the 3-tiered Papal Tiara, and the keys to the kingdom, common symbols of Papal authority. The pagan sunburst predominates around the coat of arms as shown on the overview at right. Notice the animal on the left side of the shield? That is a golden bull, the heraldic animal of the Borgia family. It is more than just a little reminiscent of the golden calf the Israelites made at Sinai. Sunbursts and images of golden bulls. How much more pagan can you get?

There has been a complete substitution of Mary for Jesus, in the work of our salvation, and in whom we pray to in times of need. The impression is that Mary will listen, but God is cold and unapproachable. Mary will grant your wishes, when God might otherwise reject them, and God is bound by the will of Mary. Salvation is obtained from Mary and God will rubberstamp her decisions. There is a word for this, it is AntiChrist. (The word anti means in place of, or substitution, as well as against.)

It was the practice of the pagan Babylonians to crown the statues of their gods. This Pagan practice has also been adopted by the Roman Catholic Church

www.aloha.net...

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Dubyakadubla]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, what do you mean truly Christian? If you mean a religion that accurately represents the teachings of Jesus, then no. But that can be said of most of what we call Christianity.

I am of the opinion that Paul, with the aid of his friend and traveling companion Luke, derailed what is know as Christianity from the track Jesus was laying.

As far as the Catholic symbolism, it is no real mystery.

en.wikipedia.org...

When Constantine's army made its appearance, some of its soldiers bore unusual markings on their shields: instead of the traditional pagan standards, a new sign, the labarum, was mounted.[151] According to Lactantius, Constantine was visited by a dream the night before the battle, wherein he was advised "to mark the heavenly sign of God on the shields of his soldiers...by means of a slanted letter X with the top of its head bent round, he marked Christ on their shields."[152] Eusebius describes another version, where, while marching at midday, "he saw with his own eyes in the heavens a trophy of the cross arising from the light of the sun, carrying the message, Conquer By This".[153] During the following night, in a dream, Christ appeared with the heavenly sign and told him to make standards for his army in that form.[154]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The question is "does the Pope truly represent Christianity?"

....who are our other choices? If you had to pick only one "living" person...than yes. The Pope does...

.....What ever smack you are talking about Mary replacing or being worshipped.....is silly. I ( a former Catholic) and probably other still Catholics can tell you that it is silly......If you find it written some where...so what....I am talking from first hand knowledge. Unless you have more Catholic experience than me....you know nothing of which you speak......I also read somewhere that the Russian's started the conflict in Georgia.

.....If you can give me the name of anybody else, living, that represents Christianity.....I sure would like to know who that person is.....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hmmmm, this seems to be a pretty silly thread that opens with a question that is clearly a pretext for slamming Catholicism.

It appears to be pretty obvious that for non-Catholic Christians the Pope does not represent Christianity. For Catholics he does.

But then again, you weren't looking for an answer; were you?

If you are asking about the non-Christians in the world and who they look to when thinking of Christianity, it may be the Pope but I'm fairly certain that any thinking person realizes that Christianity is not unified and that there are other sects that don't adhere to the dictates of the Pope.

Eric

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

OK, check out this link and then, maybe you will realize why I opened this subject with a question. If you do have an answer to this, it will be good to know what and who, really is the Pope. Is the Vatican, for real....or an institution for a hidden agenda .

Check out this link for better questions to this:

showbizandstyle.inquirer.net...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

What on earth makes you think I didn't understand why you opened with the question?

I answered the question that you asked. The question, however, was immaterial as it was a pretext for slamming Catholicism.

Eric

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Bible doesn't even mention the pope. The Bible speaks a lot about Jesus though which gives me the impression that Christianity is about Jesus. Not all Christian religions follow the Bible though. Some Christian religions like Catholicism follow the pope and the teachings of men.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by checkers

The Catholic Church teaches that the Bible is inerrant and encourages the reading and study of the Bible by all Christians. The Church also believes in Tradition, as the Bible teaches.

Eric

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
No. The Pope represents Catholicism which is not, necessarily, equivalent to Christianity.

[edit on 8-15-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
THe Holy City for a believer who knows is the Jerusalem which is above..not the one which now is.

Our temple is the temple built without hands..this takes care of all holy citys like Jerusalem, Rome, Mecca or any other claims to holiness.

These are all traditions of men.

Intresting to me that many who claim the name of Jesus the Christ for Remission of sins..havent a clue as to this pattern....much less...ever develop the tools for thinking it through. They never check up on their Church nor Pastors/Priests.

What is more intresting to me is that so many athiests and unbelievers spend hours and years of their lives debating these traditions of men as if they represent all of Christianity by Default. They dont seem to have a clue. They are debating phony placebos...traditions of men.

Yet on the other hand..so many Believers ..dont have a clue either and attempt to rebutt right back ...without themselves knowing.
A very intresting phenomonon to watch on these and other boards. And yet it is also very pitiful..on both sides.

They know not to be careful of wolves in sheeps clothing.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

The RCC is not the seat of the church and never has been

Polydore Vergil in the reign of Henry VII.,
and after him Cardinal Pole (A.D. 1555), both rigid
Roman Catholics, affirmed in Parliament, the latter
in his address to Philip and Mary, that " Britain
was the first of all countries to receive the Christian
faith." " The glory of Britain," remarks Genebrard, "
consists not only in this, that she was the first
country which in a national capacity publicly professed
herself Christian, but that she made this confession
when the Roman empire itself was Pagan
and a cruel persecutor of Christianity."
II. This priority of antiquity was only once questioned,
and that on political grounds, by the ambassadors
of France and Spain, at the Council of Pisa, A.D.
1417. The Council, however, affirmed it. The
ambassadors appealed to the Council of Constance, A.D.
1419, which confirmed the decision of that of
Pisa, which was a third time confirmed by the Council
of Sena

from St. Paul in Britain; or, The origin of British as opposed to papal Christianity: Or, The Origin of British as Opposed to Papal Christianity
By Richard Williams Morgan (page 131)

new topics

top topics

join