It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Confirms iPhone Has a Kill Switch that can remotely remove software from the devices.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Apple CEO Steve Jobs has confirmed that the iPhone 3G has a kill switch that can remotely remove software from the devices.

Jobs told The Wall Street Journal that Apple needs the capability in case it inadvertently allows a malicious program -- such as an application that steals user's personal data -- to be distributed to iPhones through its App Store.

"Hopefully we never have to pull that lever, but we would be irresponsible not to have a lever like that to pull," Jobs said.
news.yahoo.com...

Apparently several apps have gone MIA, and Apple swears it will only be used to controll dangerous applications but who can you really trust these days. i wonder if the same exists on other Mac products?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I was reading something about this in one of those throw away newspapers that you find on the train. It was saying it is ,so the can switch the phone off if its a company phone etc, and gets lost or stolen.

Kinda off topic but it reminned me of a conversation i was haveing with my sister in law about the posiblity of haveing "CHipS" impalnted in us. She said it would be great, no more filling in forms, no more credit cards, no more cash,........no more car keys, front door keys etc. I said "so what if "they" turn it off, then what".............

She said "why would they"..............i said "Because they can and will"

She still didnt get it.

new topics

join