It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Times !... Can you feel it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Some thoughts and I dare say my honest opinions on all the prophecies that are doing the rounds just now.

I find it so difficult to understand how people quote the bible scripture word for word ie "the book of revelation" . It has been plagurised and re-written for politcal reasons down the ages and for sure, bares no resemblance to the original writings, having been manipulated by the Romans, Greeks and more importantly the Egyptians through time, to fit their own political and religious views.

That is not to say that I dont lean towards some of the claims about the end times being near.

My reasons for believing that the end times are close are more based on what I feel. I think deep inside we all know we have come to a place in time where it would be best to start again. Technical progress has stalled, we dont know where we are going, as a spieces we are hardened and non compassionate and I dont know about anyone else, but I dont feel I belong here anymore.

We are not in contol of our own destiny anymore. The elite and the puppet governmenats have stripped us of our identity. The media has stripped us of our feelings and compassion. The self imposed rat-race and "high tech needs" society that we live in has made us forget how to love, to cry, and how to even communicate with each other anymore.

If you believe everything cycles then we are at the point where we are at the end of our progress and for whatever reason, for whatever identified prophecy that comes true, I hope some of us survive whats coming and pass on the lessons learned to the new generations.

These are only my opinions, my feelings, and on thinking about it, probably my wishes.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by captiva]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i agree i feel it also. i try and exsplain this to people and some actually agree they can feel it also. it is not something you know in your head, though if you pay attention to world events it seems to match up.

when your head and heart are in agreement i think that means something significant.

but regardless the end has been talked about for a verylong time by almsot every culture. unfortunatly evil has come around and corrupted many of those prophecies to try and hide their tracks.

so yes the end may be coming but im not worried one bit.
it has to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I get nervous about "the end" from time to time, but, imo, history shows us to be a resilient bunch. We get knocked down, we kill, we torture, and we hurt one another, but when it really comes down to it, we keep going and growing and finding a way.

We, as a race, are infants with a lot of growing to do. We’ve barely just begun so I believe that the end is far from near, and the true beginning is coming. Think of it like this: right now we are just tuning up, the concert hasn’t happened yet.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I agree with some of your thoughts and hope that your right, for my future generations of family. I also have what I used to think was a foreboding, a concern about what was to come.To be honest now I see no way for us to change what we are as a spieces. In a nutshell Im plain sick fed up with this world in which we fight, we lie, we controll and we descriminate against each other.

Beleive it or not Im not a pessimist

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Many of my friends also say they feel it. One close friend described the feeling as "the only feeling I feel right now!". He cited examples of how the man is angry at man for no apparent reason and he is right !.

You go to the store, people are angry at each other and are very short tempered. I would describe it as an impatience or frustrtaion. Ive felt it myself. Maybe we are waiting for the bad times and are at the stage sub-consciously that we just want it all over with.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well I have the exact opposite feelings. I believe we are on the cusp of huge scientific breakthroughs and that the world is headed for a much better place.

But as you've stated feelings don't mean anything so we will see who is right I suppose. Knowing however that historically the world has experienced far worse than we are today and has come through it I think i'm closer to the truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Do I feel it?

No.

Did I feel it when I surrounded myself with negativity and all this doom and gloom nonsense? Of course, what else would I feel? Then I realized I was brainwashing myself much more than any mainstream media outlet could and took a step away from the internet.

Life's too short to fill your head with this kind of crap.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucker237

It is interesting that a thread from 2008 was what prompted you to write. This thread really does not have any details and I can only imagine that the "feelings" then were just as strong as the feelings that others get today.

As for now, and our current feelings, I would be interested to know where you reside; perhaps this is something that manifests itself in real-time and we all can come back and say, "yes, he had a strong feeling and he was right".

However, under the circumstances I don't think it would be a nice way to go! So please be safe and get your bunker ready!

Goodluck and Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The End Times !... Can you feel it?

No.

Glass half full - when was the last time the worl was completely peaceful, nothing bad was happening to everyone and we all got along just spiffingly?

About a billion years ago??

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I can feel that there is a kind of "wave" that alternates, I also seem to be losing touch with the minds of others, becoming "cocooned" in my own reality.
edit on 27-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join