It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann tells Pelosi to give up on global warming because Jesus already saved the planet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
AWESOME! I was really worried about stuff like environmental catastrophes. Glad to hear Jesus has it all taken care of, now I can go drink beer and shoot rats at the dump, you know just kind of hang out and have fun. Thanks for filling me in Michele.

[url=http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/12/bachmann-tells-pelosi-to-give-up-on-global-warming-because-jesus-already-saved-the-planet/]thinkprogress.org[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Animal]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
People like that *actually* get air time? Welll Jesus to the rescue as usual...lets hope he doesnt like the 21st century too much and becomes a crack addict,with 6 kids to 4 different mothers and on welfare....you never know....then again he probably looks like one of them fire breathing terrorist...probably in guantanamo somewhere....

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm not much of a fan of Nancy Pelosi and I hardly think she's saving the planet, but I would say Michele Bachmann just made herself out to be an idiot.

How do these people get elected again?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

The sad thing is that is faithful followers are religious rights that will believe everything that comes out of the mouth of the morons in Washington.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I guess it takes some intelligence to read between the lines on this, which is why nobody who's posted here has managed to get it right yet. Nancy Pelosi likes to run around talking about how she's going to save us all from ourselves. The woman has a serious Messiah complex. Bachmann's comment was witty and well placed, but sadly Pelosi is too full of herself to "get it."

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
God also gave us a BRAIN, and commom sense!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I guess it takes some intelligence to read between the lines on this, which is why nobody who's posted here has managed to get it right yet. Nancy Pelosi likes to run around talking about how she's going to save us all from ourselves. The woman has a serious Messiah complex. Bachmann's comment was witty and well placed, but sadly Pelosi is too full of herself to "get it."

You beat me to it ^^
Glad someone around here thinks instead of taking cues from the other sheep around them.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by GruntOOrah]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

OMG a politician bringing up Jesus in conversation! Liberals and secularist must be going crazy!

I guess Pelosi is getting jealous of Lord Obama's messianic presence, and she wants in on it also.

The joke is not on Bachman, it is on Pelosi!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow Burdman and following poster you obviously do not know much about Michele's history with far out Christian comments.

I love how you like to feel like the cavalry riding in in a big cloud of dust to save us from our ignorance yet over look some of the most basic elements of the story yourselves.

But what ever makes you feel better feel free to believe guys.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Wow Burdman and following poster you obviously do not know much about Michele's history with far out Christian comments.

I love how you like to feel like the cavalry riding in in a big cloud of dust to save us from our ignorance yet over look some of the most basic elements of the story yourselves.

But what ever makes you feel better feel free to believe guys.

Feel like the cavalry to save you from your ignorance?

The whole point of Michele's quote was to highlight Pelossi's delusions of grandeur which everyone above Burdman failed to grasp.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

What? Oh yes, I forgot... any pro-Jesus statement a person makes automatically is labeled a "far out Christian comment" these days. Silly me. I've read some of Bachmann's statements and positions and I must say I don't agree with her on all of them. Particularly her stance against internet gambling. However, much of the "far out Christian comments" *snicker* I've read of hers were pretty accurate and based on a solid Biblical foundation.

Again though, her statement was misconstrued as meaning that Jesus would save us all from anything that goes wrong, so there's no point in doing anything to better ourselves. Like I said before, it has nothing whatsoever to do with that. It was purely a case of her telling Nancy Pelosi: "Get over yourself, you're not mankind's savior nor do you have any business acting like you are." Pelosi seems to believe that her crap doesn't stink when, in reality, her crap smells atrocious but is overpowered by the stench of her politics and ego.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This stuff just goes WAY over the lefties heads doesn't it?

For such "enlightened" people, they sure take everything very literally!

Learn to read between the lines and recognize a joke and a witty remark for what it is. Geeze.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
This stuff just goes WAY over the lefties heads doesn't it?

No, I think they "get it," but Bill Clinton introduced a new philosophy into the political left: Mock Outrage. Anything someone says that can be twisted to appear out of touch, arrogant, or potentially offensive should be dealt with by expressing outrage at it and mocking it in an effort to incite others to join in, creating the left's favorite situation: mob scenes.

Anything said that is against liberal philosphies & sensibillities will be either directly lambasted or twisted to appear as if you have said something different. A perfect example of this is one of the earliest and most famous "Bushisms." GWB has been quoted as saying "The question we have to ask is our children learning?" in an effort to make it seem like the man doesn't know the difference between "is" and "are." In reality, watch the video of the speech and notice what Bush really said was: "The question we have to ask is "ARE children learning?"" I'm sure there are plenty of people who have taken it as the gospell that the misquote was real and yes, they are the ones who watch as the reality of life passes right over their heads... but the originators of the misquote knew exactly what they were doing and depended heavily on the gulibillity and lack of investigative curiosity of the masses that follow their step to spread the misquote and misguided conclusions drawn from it.

top topics

join