It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new logo?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My vote for the logo being upside down, etc., is due to political tension.

[edit on 12/8/08 by xeroxed88]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

I'm fairly certain I did a search on this topic and didn't come up with anything. The yellow wording underneath the comment section while posting a reply? I guess yours isn't yellow. "Please do not post personal information." etc.

Thanks for finding the shots post. It would seem as if to honor him also?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Just saw what you were talking about with the warning. I don't know how long that has been there but probably not for long. I do remember vaguely someone mentioning it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the upside down aspect of the logo, coupled with the exclamation mark, alongside Bill's look of despair in his avatar is his way of shouting:

CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose it's because of all the general madness on here for one reason or another.

Whatever the reason, I suggest we all take a step away from our keyboards and think before we post at the moment.

I think there'll be an explanatory thread from t'amigos soon though, as happened last time an inverted logo was spotted...

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When posting a reply, highlighted in yellow it says....

"Please do not post your own personal information. You should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit here can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit, and may remove it at our discretion."

Maybe they've been alerted to a security threat..hackers?
And are asking people not to type in any personal info in case collected?

Maybe it's gary Mckinnon.....on the prison library computer

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Now that you say security threat, that reminds me.

I seem to remember reading Issues with ATS chat and the u2u system were do to new security being implemented.

I just assumed it was a natural upgrade by SO. (that's right Bill, you will always be our red suited super hero SO in my eyes).

Perhaps there is a reason why we are having upgraded security???

I suppose my conspiracy angle should be to imply three letter federal agencies read here also.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You could be right.
I'm sure/convinced that certain agencies scour these sites to keep an eye on what's being said.

ATS may be trying to keep one step ahead by implementing new security measures??

Who knows..

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I suppose my conspiracy angle should be to imply three letter federal agencies read here also.

It's not as if they were responsible for John Lear getting banned. What better cover than to act as if he hates the CIA and has valuable disinformation?

It's his presense here that was a conspiracy. (with disclaimer) His leaving was 'as if' he was relocated using a different user name.
I recall my last apartment having a satellite feed dish or whatever on top with the words: US Marshals on it. But, now I realize that it should have said: ATS? Thanks for cluing us in though.

Maybe you can also tell me who those guys Reallywere dressed in black with NASA badges?
Yeah, NASA not NSA. WTH?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In this post from a few years ago, ATS Logo Upside down????
S.O posted that it had to do with this post:

New Policies for Political Bickering on ATS ## MAKE IT STOP! ##

Apparently political discussions are getting out of hand somewhere on ATS.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

That original post was designed to direct all political bickering TO the political forums.

I dont get around on all the forums these days

but all the bickering i see going on is strictly on the political forums.

Which is in line with the skeptic overlord post

of course i could be wrong - it IS his website and he does get to dictate the rules

But thats my take on the thread you provided us.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Seems like 2/3rds of the Breaking News threads either have to be moved every day to the political forum or they devolve in
"Bush sucks & USA is capitalist pigs run by shrub, W00T!"
"Oh yeah, well Obama swallows & the world is a cess poll, L33T!"
or some variation of such.

Personally, if this means a crackdown on the political hyperbole, I'd love to see the "America can do no right" bullcrap brought down alongside it. A person could post a thread about how the market for little porcelin figurines has never been more robust and without fail someone would enter the thread ripping on some aspect of American culture, the police, or the war in Iraq. Maybe S.O. is just planning to give the old ATS jukebox a kick to make the record stop skipping.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
That original post was designed to direct all political bickering TO the political forums.

That was what part of the post was about. But there was other "WARNINGS" in it.

New Policies for Political Bickering on ATS ## MAKE IT STOP! ##

- Divisive politically-charged threads started in ATS forums
- Conspiracy threads being derailed with political blame-games and bickering
- Political name-calling and baiting
- Knee-jerk political assumptions of conspiracy speculation

However, thread hijacking, name-calling, and political bickering that detracts from productive discussion will not be tolerated on AboveTopSecret.com

Political Hack "Exile": 3) Members who are "political hacks" who cannot hold themselves back from turning ATS-topics into political slug-fests will receive a 2-day timeout in which they are limited to PTS-only access. All of our staff will have the ability to apply these "political troll" warnings.

Well, since there's no PTS now maybe a 2 day time out from all of ATS.

Politically Inspired ATS Banning: We hope that we never need to use this option, but anyone that receives a second "political troll" warning will be permanently limited to PTS-only access.

Again, since there's no PTS now, maybe banning from ATS?

I hope that our members realize our intention to keep our core ATS board focused on conspiracy theory and alternative topics, and that we never need to use these new methods to weed out political bickering. But our experience indicates otherwise.

Thanks in advance for your efforts to help with these issues... and let's get that logo turned up the right way again.

But, I could be wrong, and the logo could be turned around for a totally different reason this time!

[edit on 8/12/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Mr Monsoon and all ATS people.

IF I am right, then some thing is very wrong within ATS. Why? The 'flag' is being 'flown' upside down - a very old tradition in the military to indicate all is not well within the camp. Used by British forces in times of distress to fly an inverted flag of the Union (Union Jack to most folks) and also used by many other nations world wide.

The orange tab is a naval distress flag.

That meant for me that I will not be using the u2u system to contact others. Two distress signals in a logo? TSHTF in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I might be kinda slow but..................

I thought the flag was orange or something.

It appears to be red now

ATS used to have a drama alert system, red was extreme board drama like durning hoax's.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Poor ATSers are losing our ways to deny ignorance.

Sometimes I feel we are all becoming as narrowminded as the outside world maybe thats the problem?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
maybe they are coming out with an iPhone app......that appears to be all the rage

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All this speculating we are all doing isn't helping to the cause, so instead of dragging this thread for who knows how many pages long, why don't we just sit back and wait for the BOSS to tell us why the logo is in distress?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Alone, the logo does not mean too much... could be part of the puzzle game going around. But if you add in S.O.'s new avatar, and his mood says dark days... plus the U2U crash of the system on the same night as the whole darkness/daylight incidents... it's enough to make a Conspiracy Theorist fill the tank and grab the bug-out bag. lol

For right now I am making the choice to only make posts that deny ignorance and darkness, and try to keep them positive and intelligent.

The prejudice and racism is totally out of control on ATS right now, so much so that it even overshadows the political differences of the candidates. I see a divide and conquer mentality at work throughout the media. America is too strong of a nation to attack outright, but if they can divide us along racial and political lines... we will do the dirty work for them. We are being pwned, used and played against each other.

United we Stand, Divided we Fall.

That's what I think ATS is trying to tell us.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The logo has changed again.

It is not upside down anymore and the weird flag is behind it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join