It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you actually LIKE George Bush?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It would be safe to say that this site pulls heavy towards The train of thought that the current president George Bush is one of the worst leaders in the history of the united states.

I do get the feeling from reading some threads- that there are quite a few members out there that somehow dissagree. People who support George Bush and think he has done a great job. Is this you?

why?

[edit on 12-8-2008 by tasteslikethunder]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well historically he is one of the worst perhaps no the worst but close to it.

Anyway is hard for me to hate him as he has a resemblance to my father the only thing is that my father is darker skin and Puertorrican.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here's an answer you were probably not expecting.Personally I have no use for Bush.Has he done a good job?That depends are you talking about for the people or for the corporate owners?I believe the owners are satisfied with his performance.The people,not so much.If you are trying to rate his job performance you have to rate him as what he is the CEO of the corporation called the united states of america.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well historically speaking… History has not been written yet.

I know it’s easy to pull out the “Lied and Died” rhetoric but I think some perspective is needed. The US was attacked and choices had to be made to ensure the safety of the Country and the continued prosperity of the Country. The fact is, the economy rolled along pretty good for the last 7 years and there have been no attacks on our home soil since then.

The economy is has cycles, this is a down turn, there will be an upturn eventually.

I think in 10 or 20 years you can talk in terms of “historically”, and I think in that time there may be a different take on the Bush Presidency. Just like Truman and just as it took about 15 years for everyone to say how great Reagan was.

Sorry for the anonymous post, but I’m just a lurker; maybe I’ll join eventually.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Honestly, I think Bush would probably be a great guy to sit down with and have a beer or smoke a cigarette with. However, I think he has allowed the likes of Rumsfeld, Rice, Rove and Cheney to ruin his presidency.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
for a man that has murdered over a million people who would like him but psycopaths that think like him burn in hell G W.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Honestly, I think Bush would probably be a great guy to sit down with and have a beer or smoke a cigarette with. However, I think he has allowed the likes of Rumsfeld, Rice, Rove and Cheney to ruin his presidency.

I concurr, I bet he's a great guy in person.

Anyone else remember the "Yo Tony" incident?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
George Bush is probably the most hated President since......Abraham Lincoln.

Future historians will rank Bush highly.

Bush's popularity will rise after he leaves office. Mainly because of the mess McCain or Obama will create when they take office. We will be wishing we had a leader like Bush back in the White House.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
George can't really be blamed for the way the country is today. George could do one very important thing though, he could add full disclosure of extraterrestrial presense or whomever. The religious people may not forgive him for it though.

(edited for visibility)

[edit on 12-8-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When I first read the title, I must admit I considered the topic more of a troll for points than anything else. However, it turns out it's quite a thought provoking topic.

To contemplate the issue of whether or not he's the worst president, you have to first realize that there's two distinct trains of thought with regard to the POTUS. Two groups if you will, who view the office completely differently. As we're all hanging out on ATS, I feel their both relevant. First, you have the folks who believe that the President wields real power, makes his own decisions, takes his own actions. Then, there's those who feel the president is nothing more than a face, that the president wields no power, but only the pen, and what that pen does is dictated by other powers that be (corporate elite, Bildebergers, CFR, etc.).

In recent years, I seem to have "jumped ship" to the latter group. From that perspective, he's been no worse than any other president. So, to form a valid response to the original question, I'd first need to really know if the president is really running the show or not.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
No, I don't LIKE him at all.

He's got a goofus laugh and a stupid smirk, and not really someone to capture my attention for more than 5 minutes. He could be yapping on the phone and I'd be the one saying "gotta go - cya." He annoys me like someone scraping fingernails on a chalkboard, or squeaking styrofoam.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

yeah i dont ever just post things in hopes of becoming famous for a day on ATS. thanks for seeing past that. i just post my random thoughts. i mean - - aparantly over half of america voted for this man so theres gotta be some of you on here?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I agree with SpeakerofTruth. I would happily sit down and shoot the breeze with George W. over a beer.

As a president, I think he is woefully inadequate. I dont think like many liberals that he is evil embodied. I think he is someone with a lot of money and a relatively modest intellect who has been placed into power because America showed a strong interest in having an "average Joe" who spoke plainly and simply in office. Despite the fact that the plain and simple was just plain not true. Plus, he had a monosyllabic easy to remember name, and his father had already created name recognition for that name.

The real power, and decision making has always been done by the guys behind him, taking advantage of his relative uncomplicatedness, and if there is an "evil" it is the people who have used him to use us. Or us for letting ourselves be used. I am still not sure how I feel about that.

In my opinion, he is just another pawn in the game.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Being an outside observer from Canada, I think Bush has done a good job and done the best he can. Unfortunately, the left-leaners try to do whatever they can to demonize the guy. Sure he isn't the greatest public speaker but judge the man for his policies.

I can only imagine what would have happened if Bore had won in 2000 and sKerry in 2004. You would have a vastly different America, and I don't think in a good way.

To the poster that talked about his performance difference between what he did for Corporations and people, please reread your post. Businesses provide jobs, benefits, pay for social security and well over 70% of the taxes in your country. Right now, USA is second only to Japan in corporate taxes at around 40%.
Does this seem right? What kind of backwards thinking is this. Since when did USA become a communist country?

You continually hear democrats who scream "tax the rich". Do you now understand why business move away and/or outsource their work to foreign countries?

It's clear and simple, you push corporations away and soon you have no more jobs. Bush tried just a little bit to attract corporations by lowering their taxes and gets crapped on for doing so.

Backwards thinking I tell ya.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If you want me to be honest, I'd go drinking with him and invite him over for tea. Lets face it, he was out of his depth as President but I reckon he did try his best.

I've never met the guy, so I cannot state if I like him or not; but as a politician, like him I do not.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
so like the great bob said:

otherwise great to shoot the bull with...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
George Bush is probably the most hated President since......Abraham Lincoln.

Future historians will rank Bush highly.

Bush's popularity will rise after he leaves office. Mainly because of the mess McCain or Obama will create when they take office. We will be wishing we had a leader like Bush back in the White House.

Yes, time will tell.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My biggest beef with bush is that he seems to be utterly lacking in self awareness.I also feel the dumb guy routine is at least somewhat exaggerated and at most totally a charade. You get away with a lot more when you seem incapable of making it through the day without hurting yourself on sharp objects.

Also despite the fact that the real power lies behind the scenes the president is still a sort of figurehead and represents the face of the us to the rest of the world.

When you have a man who bumbles over speeches and uses regional colloquialisms during major speeches or makes up words and mispronounces things the entire country comes off looking like blithering idiots.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bush strikes me as the kind of guy who would be a hoot to run the bars with, but then if something got out of hand and the cops got called he'd haul balls and leave everybody else holding the bag.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Symbiote]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Barring The Endangered Species Act thing today I think he's been a good President.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join