It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra actually caught on film, police dash cam.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Looks like the one found dead a few years back. Quality video from police dash cam. Wild looking beast.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by aceace]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That's a dog.

I'm sorry for the short post, but a dog's a dog.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i have to agree 100% with the OP thats a dog , well it looks famished but only a dog

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Looks rather much more like the dog from this article

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nothing more than a genetic abnormality.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

iz it muscular or fat i cannot tell its creepy looking aswell

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

iz it muscular or fat i cannot tell its creepy looking aswell

[edit]sorry for double post dont know why that happened

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That sort of Whippet musclepower really begs for an opposable thumb. There is a kid, in germany iirc, that has a similar genetic disorder which produces excessive muscle mass, if anyone wants to search for it.

As for the CC, clearly that is a dog. I personally think this is a mythology being born around normal events, although some of the Puerto Rico cases, if true, are more interesting than the American and Mexican ones which usually come off as a bunch of atention seeing copycat sightings or excessive enthusiasm.

I guess if it sucks a goat it can be considered a Chupacabra...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
IMHO... Its not just a dog but probably a dog/coyote mix. It had a very strange snout which looked exactly like the dead creature they showed.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I saw some footage on KENS-5 news last night but the video wasn't on the website at that time..

This is once again in Dewitt county. I suspect it's another coyote/dog cross or such.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
That's a dog.

I'm sorry for the short post, but a dog's a dog.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. I saw 3 seconds of that and went "That's not a chupacabra, that's some sort of canine, probably a coyote."

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've worked with dogs for 11 years and this thing may look like one physically, but it shares more characteristics with non-canines when you watch it. The weird hairless appearance would make me think it was a wild dog with diseases at first glance. Our brains automatically try to file things in the categories we expect things to go in, even if it's not accurate. But the gait and behavior isn't consistent with a healthy or diseased canine. It looks more like a hyena.

As it lopes, the front, back, left and right paws don't touch the ground like a dog that is either running away or just trotting along. Without going into detail about the order that a dog's paws touch the ground in its various gaits (just go to a dog park and watch), the lope is a more like an animal with hooves, or front paws that don't have any traction, like a horse, goat, or even possum or raccoon. Also, it looks like the front paws may be curled back, which would be consistent with the way it runs: not "pulling" the ground up to it, but more like a hooved animal with no front traction, or something that's skipping on it's "knuckles", if it has knuckles. The tail is tucked between the legs like a dog, but a scared dog running away for more than a few seconds keeps its profile low, with ears flat on the head. The creature in the film still keeps it's back in a gallp-arch and doesn't adopt anything close to a fear- or even chase-gait of a canine.

If it were a diseased canine it wouldn't have the coordinated behavior of another animal. It would have the behavior of a diseased canine.

Just telling it like I see it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
www.dogbreedinfo.com...

This is my personal favorice chupacabra candidate. It fits the physical description and is even a breed from the general geographic area. And dogs, especially ones that have been domesticated and don't know what they're doing, will indeed drink the blood out of prey, I've seen it happen to chickens, done by a Husky. And yes, the theory it could be hybrids or even a sub breed of coyote has legs too.

As for the whole "dogs don't run like that" comment, well, actually smaller dogs do. Once the initial sprint is done they pace themselves for the long haul and end up looking like a pony trotting. Besides, the exact profile will vary depending on the terrain and individual. Humans all run different, it's the same for dogs.

Maybe there is some other creature that fits in the mythology better, but I'll place my bet on Xolo's, at least for the continental chupacabra sightings.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thats a freaky looking dog, you see its face when it turned around. I've never seen anything that looked like that before!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Then follow the link in my post and deny ignorance

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Oh my, I am so shocked...I have seen one here before!!

Its called a DINGO!!!!

Just a dog.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.ufomystic.com...

Chubracabra as 'religion' psy-ops spreading westward from Puerto Rico into the north and south Americas.

I have made a number of trips to Puerto Rico looking for the
Chupacabras - most recently in late 2005 with Paul Kimball and his film crew. On every occasion, IÂ have heard tales and rumors that there is no Chupacabras - at all. But, rather,

that the original, first-wave of stories were spread and perpetuated by U.S. military psychological warfare planners who had an interest in determining the psychological effects of superstitions on localized populations - in the event that such effects needed to be exploited in regional, third-world warfare.

And, so the stories go, Puerto Rico - as a self-contained island that could be easily watched - offered the best target-location for the creation of a modern day myth, and to monitor the effects of that same modern day myth on the populace, determine how rumors spread, and gauge how superstitious locals could be manipulated, if such circumstances were deemed necessary.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I've worked with dogs for 11 years and this thing may look like one physically, but it shares more characteristics with non-canines when you watch it.

Really have to disagree with you on that. It runs just like my dog, and believe me, my dog is no chupa, just a pitbull.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
Oh my, I am so shocked...I have seen one here before!!

Its called a DINGO!!!!

Just a dog.

DUDE!! Its not a Dingo unless one jumped ship, sailed the seven seas over to the US and decided to run down a road being chased by American police. Sounds like a barrel-load of fun!!

Your Aussie you should know these things

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Kryties right you know. The only way for it to get to the US is if some one smuggled a dingo from Southeast Asia and just left it behind near The border between Mexico and the US. It couldn't swim here because that would take like 1-2 years I don't know but It would take a wile. Just to make it short so I don't have to write as much as Anonymous ATS here, ITS NOT A :mad
INGO!

new topics

top topics

join