It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorbachev slams US's 'serious blunder'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Gorbachev slams US\

www.smh.com.au

Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, commenting on the Russia-Georgia conflict, has accused the United States of making a "serious blunder" in pursuing its interest in the Caucasus region.

He also said the US charge that Russia was committing aggression in Georgia was "not just hypocritical but shows a lack of humanity".
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Tapped In]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
We'll see HOW BIG of a blunder it really is, won't we?

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Apparently over the last decade Gorbachev has become more disillusioned with the U.S.'s foreign policy. Coming from a man that helped end..or at least temporarily cool down the Cold War, thats a little bit unnerving.

America keeps losing more and more friendlies... and they need all the friendlies they can get in Russia.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ben420

I disagree in one respect. This is certainly helping the US with regards to most of the former Soviet satellite nations in Eastern Europe. Poland, Ukraine, etc...are none too happy with what the Russians are doing in Georgia. Even Belarus, which is typically a Russian ally, appears to be giving them the cold shoulder.

Article

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

I thought he was dead, who cares what he thinks anyway, i dont care if he has a map of russia on his bald head..

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Star and Flagged in the name of Gorbatrovs Bald egg head..

new topics

top topics

join