It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloaking - Is this how they do it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Scientists in the US have developed a coating which could lead to an invisiblity or cloaking device for people (and I dare say stealth weaponry).
More details here:

WG3

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3 I Remember Seeing This Technology Had In fact Already Been Achieved By An Scientist In Israel . I Watched His Videos And To Tell You The Truth I Believe It . I'll See If I Can Find His Site Again And Post It Here . I Know It Sounds Kinda Far Fetched, But If This Is Being Put Out In The Main Stream News And On The Web , Then You Can Pretty Much Guarantee That They Already Have This Technology And Have Had It For Longer Than You Can Imagine !

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have a very in depth thread about US cloaking technologies. You can find it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
According to this thread a "Stealth Suit" is already in practical use in Iraq by the armed forces, it's even been filmed as you can see in this video at 2:50.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
According to this thread a "Stealth Suit" is already in practical use in Iraq by the armed forces, it's even been filmed as you can see in this video at 2:50.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Acharya]

that is not real. It is likely not cloaking. If that is "cloaking", then it is nothing like the current technology being worked on using metamaterials.

It is either camera artifact or CGI...i vote on camera artifact.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Yeah. People are using it already for some time now.

video.google.com...

Go to 18:36 to see it in action.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was under the impression that we had tanks capable of stealth, my buddy in the air force even told me how it was done.

He said, the object you want to be 'stealthed' was covered in these nano machine type things that took a picture of whatever they were pointing at, and projected it to the other side of the vehicle, so when you look at it, you're only seeing what is behind it. Of course this would cause a blurr when it moved as it would only be optical stealth.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

That is not cloaking. if it were true cloaking, you would not see the "XTAL FUSION" sign behind the ball or brick. You would see the little asian man's head.

That looks more like an LCD image. LCD is close in theory to one of the patents i have seen (I hope to post some on that today/tomorrow, once i clear the info through other Pegasus members), but what that video shows is nothing close to cloaking technology.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

email me at Bigfatfurrytexan@yahoo.com. I have a few questions for you, if you can take the time.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well that type of cloaking looks a hell of a lot better than the link you posted,
The point of the cloak is so you can't see the mans head, why would you want to see the mans head thru the ball?
The point is to hide the human.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I have posted 1 link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is to a thread that discusses the science behind true cloaking. Not sure what you are talking about, but if you had taken a moment to go to the link i provided you would see that i have already presented the X-Tal stuff in another thread that i have made on this very subject:

In the words of Univ of Tokyo staff:

www.devhardware.com...

"Optical camouflage is a kind of active camouflage. This idea is very simple. If you project background image onto the masked object, you can observe the masked object just as if it were virtually transparent. This shows the principle of the optical camouflage using X'tal Vision. You can select camouflaged object to cover with retroreflector. Moreover, to project a stereoscopic image, the observer looks at the masking object more transparent."

Making something MORE transparent is not cloaking.

this is a nice technology that may help understand other phenomenon better (dealing more with projection technology and entertainment). But it is nothing close to cloaking, and would end up in dead soldiers if used in combat.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

new topics

top topics

join