It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Footage Barack Obama Doesn't Want You to See - Do the Letters "RR" Mean Anything to You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
T he Footage Barack Obama Doesn't Want You to See - Do the Letters "RR" Mean Anything to You?

Well, we all knew it was inevitable.

Eventually, video would emerge which would completely destroy all the Obamaniac's dreams of a Hopey America.

And here it is...

Looks like John McCain is a shoo-in to win the election now.

What more can I say....
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Very amusing and it gave me a giggle but don't you think this should be in BTS? Your title and editorial comments are very misleading so I don't think this thread will last long before it's moved but I have to admit, the video is funny.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
First thing I thought of were the Terra Papers, lol, sorry but thats how I saw it. Now I will quietly go and watch the scary video...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Apparently you don't know who or what "RR" is....

It is very important that the discussion about the video remains quiet until more of us have had some time to digest such important news.

I think it should remain here in 'Breaking Political News". It involves a politician, and his celebrity. It involves modern pop culture.

Honestly, I am not sure that due to McCain's lack of computer savy, he would even understand this video, and the important information it includes.

But thanks for your concern Jemison, but leave the modding to the mods, okay?
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Another good laugh... No matter what this is, I think Barak Obama dancing should stay in BTS... But I wouldn't have run across it then.
Funny Video.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Very amusing and it gave me a giggle but don't you think this should be in BTS?

I must agree with you.

Is this "Breaking News" or even "news" worthy, no.

This should be in the Jokes, Puns, & Pranks Discussion Forum in my opinion.

After all, the source is "Comedy Central"!

And I was just "Rick Rolled"!!!

Somebody sure put in a lot of time to make that video though.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow, I appreciate the comments, but come on, do you really not understand what is going on? I would think before you try to spoil the video for everyone, you might think twice. Try clicking this link if you don't have a clue: "RR"

Or is it that you all have been under the same rock that John McCain has...

But if the membership can't work with me, then the mods might as well move it to BTS. I would rather they completely remove it from the board. I might also want them to explain the process to systematically remove all the content I have contributed, and cancel my membership.

DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Obama may not want America to hear what he has to say, but I think it's very important that we do! Trying to keep this quiet... well... it doesn't serve America.

I'm so impressed with him once again!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Uh... Yeah this is a joke. Not breaking news. Heck Paris Hilton not acting like a dumb spoiled blonde bimbo for five minutes is more news than this.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I vote for deletion not BTS. Rickrolled? Wow what a waste of my time....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

At least somebody gets it...

Never gonna give you up....
DocMoreau

P.S. What I find amazing is that Obama has said all those lines, and someone took the time to edit that video together.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Doc...

I expect more from you...

I already saw this IN BTS...

So seeing it here makes you look like a (blank).

People who make these 'Rick' videos have got to be some of the most worthless peices of (blank) ever...

I was looking as South Ossetia/Russia vids online, and one vids was a music vid of that song...

Personaly, i think people that post videos like that need to just be killed... Waste os everything...

This video is hilarious... On the basis that it is showing that Hussain Dances like a white dude...

White guys can't dance... Example 1, Barrack Hussain Obama... Obviously inherited his mammas dacning genes... and not Daddy Obamas genes... Or mabye its cause his daddy was never around to teach him how to dance... And Hussain had to rely on his 'typical white' relatives to teach him...

Funny vid...

But 'RickRolling' has got to be one of the WORST trends EVER...

By the way, in the relam of POLITICS, which is WHAT THIS FOURM IS...

RR ussaly = Ronald Regan...

I think this thread should be deleated, not moved... there is already this vid on BTS... so...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm Rick Astley, and I approve this message.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Funny? Yes.

Breaking Political News? No.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Good lord, everyone is so serious here!!

This is actually a pretty relevant video that should spark a discussion about politics in today's word. We could be looking at the fact that the media, especially the internet, gives politicians near rockstar status to the general public. Obama is a prime example of this, though the first stirrings of it started with JFK. We deify our celebrities, and our politicians are becoming celebrities.

We could have discussed the impact of celebrity on our elected leaders, but all we got was a bunch of "BAWWWWWW" from people who don't want to look a little deeper.

Oh well.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I thought it was hilarious! And the "I"m Rick Astly...and I approve this message" message from NightVision almost made me spray tea across the keyboard.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Already seen it posted in the jokes forum thank you.

Sorry

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That is very impressive!
It's almost as if he has watched Rick Astley for education on how to give speeches and run for president.

This is the best rick rolled vid ever.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Now that this thread has had some time to cool off, and has been relegated to 'joke status' in BTS, I feel I can fully explain my intent without offending to many fellow members.

I posted this 'Rickroll' Obama cut-up per the ATS guidelines (Besides my short, purposeful one liner of course!) However, my news source, if one actually click through to the link was 'Comedy Central' itself. I did this to see if anyone even cared to comment out the Comedy Central coverage of this election is as on point as any of the news casts out there. Nothing about the information in the video was presented to skew Obama's position, besides perhaps any affiliation with Rick Astley. Rickrolling

So essentially, it was the act of Rick Rolling the membership that caused this discussion of this video, the internet itself, and the rabid nature some members of ATS have dived into the mud in this election. So many of my fellow members had been relentlessly trying to find the 'secret' that Obama has been hiding, whatever that may be (in their minds or possibly in reality). Either way, I feel that many of the responses to the video have more to do with the nature of my fellow ATS members, and their haste in recent history, this thread included. Also, I feel many of the responses show the 'cultural awareness' of many of our users, for some, this was their first time being 'rickrolled' and I can forgive your insults as a transgression of your naivete about these things.

Thanks to 'Night Vision' for the RR Approval of this message!
But a special thanks to 'anachryon' for the insight about what I was trying to do with this thread. So many came to this thread when I first posted looking for some 'Watergate' scandal, and came away hopefully a bit more sceptical about what they are presented. I honestly was so tired of the polar opposites of diety/antichrist Dominion type of threads, that I had hoped a few of us getting RickRolled would be a light hearted affair. Instead, I feel like I created a thread of tantrums similar to a toddler crying because they got vanilla instead of chocolate ice cream.

I doubt a single poster to this thread can say that they think Obama 'wants' anyone to watch that video....

Never Gonna Give You Up,
DocMoreau

top topics

join