It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel Gibson and Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Since the passion of the christ has come out it seems many christians in this country have gained a significant amount of respect for Mel Gibson. Matt Drudge (www.drudgereport.com) is developing a story about Mel saying he is not sure about Bush.

In a wide-ranging hour-long interview with FOXNEWSABCRADIO's Sean Hannity, PASSION OF THE CHRIST director Mel Gibson says he now has 'doubts' about President Bush and re-election... MORE... In the interview, set to air on Tuesday , Gibson says of Bush: 'I am having doubts, of late. It mainly has to do with the weapons [of mass destruction] claims'

Here is my question, many thought that movie would fail, wrong he is now very very popular. Can he have an effect on the election? Many would have said he would not have any effect with the movie but we have seen that as wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Every Jesus Freak will follow the will of Mel Gibson like zombies in the Dawn of the Dead.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Every Jesus Freak will follow the will of Mel Gibson like zombies in the Dawn of the Dead.

You included Colonel?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No, I thought the movie was blasphemous--just an orgy of violence, celebrating Christ's death.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No, I thought the movie was blasphemous--just an orgy of violence, celebrating Christ's death.

Yeah, I know. I was just giving you #.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
He's just mad the actor playing jesus wasn't black.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I thought Mel Gibson was working with Michael Moore on that Farenheight 911 movie that's going to be released this summer? You know, the one that's supposed to explore the Bush-bin Laden connection.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Directed by
Michael Moore

Writing credits
Michael Moore

Tagline: The temperature where freedom burns. Give me a break.

Plot Summary for
Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004)

a documentary that will trace why the U.S. has become a target for hatred and terrorism. It will also depict alleged dealings between two generations of the Bush and bin Laden clans that led to George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden becoming mortal enemies

No sign of Mel. But, like all MM movies, there won't be any details to speak of - just cut a jumble of clips when they are at their most climatic.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

How is an accurate film about Jesus's last twelve hours blasphemous? Sure, it was gory, but that's how it really happened, and if it helps bring in new believers, whats the problem?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo

How is an accurate film about Jesus's last twelve hours blasphemous? Sure, it was gory, but that's how it really happened, and if it helps bring in new believers, whats the problem?

How it really happened? There is no possible way that a man could have lost that much blood and had his muscles ripped apart and have been able to have drug the cross as long as he could. It was an orgy, way over the top, exibiting shock cinema techniques.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
------vulgar remark removed------

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Remember Meddled, Jesus was "divine."
He could take more punishment than all of us regular foke. Seriously though, if he was a man, he would have gone into shock and died many times over in that movie. Eh, maybe he was a hybrid?

[Edited on 3-18-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What do you think the death of Christ was, Colonel, a picnic? Do you think they used marshmellow nails and licorice cat-o-nine tails? No, blasphemy is bitching about the color of His skin as portrayed in the movie and not even mentioning the fact that it was my sin, your sin, everyone's sin, that hung the Son of Man on the cross, so that He would pay the price of our transgressions. The movie was no more blasphemous than the Bible. There have been numerous reports of conversions, people accepting Christ and humbling their hearts to the Sovereign God, and you call it blasphemous. You say that "Jesus Freaks" will follow Gibson. That doesn't even makes sense, first off, and secondly, you have claimed in the past to being a Christian. Pardon me, but I don't see enough evidence to convict.

new topics

top topics

join