It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD's 'Operation Sentinel' To Track EVERYTHING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

NYPD's 'Operation Sentinel' To Track EVERYTHING

wcbstv.com

Radiation Sensors, Surveillance Cameras Used To Screen & Follow Every Vehicle Entering Lower Manhattan.

The NYPD is working on a plan to track every single vehicle that enters Manhattan.

The initiative, called "Operation Sentinel," is aimed at preventing terror attacks. With the use of cameras and radiation sensors, police plan to track anything and everything that enters the Big Apple.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Because its an island with a limited number of entry points allows this to actually be possible because of the unique layout of Manhattan

Photographing EVERY license plate, vehicle, and DRIVER (no doubt) would be possible. Any NYC ATS members care to weigh in and let us know how they feel about this?

In my opinion this is too much 'Big Brother' for the return in security.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The real question to me is takes the form of:

A - what contractor will charge the government of NYC for the service,
B - what agency will actually 'monitor' the traffic,
C - will the video feeds be public (as they should be - the public is paying for it),
D - will the data be stored, warehoused, or otherwise 'retained' - and who will access that,
E - will it actually accomplish ANYTHING?

They claim this protects us. In what way? Are cops sitting at the entry points waiting for a call?

This is more citizen control technology, implemented based on fear of a 'terrorist' bogeyman that will always exists everywhere. So maybe we should let them force us all to wear helmet cams as we walk around...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
London has it.. whats good for them is good for the states..

BRING IT ON!!! BB is my friend.. they wont make camps and put us in them.. Really they are for terrorists who believe in the constitution... Good thing there is no right to privacy in that piece of paper.. They would be in some serious trouble then.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well i hope the terrorists dont you know .....Buy a boat or anything .. Seems like this is a waste . When you can pull right up to any dock and unload into a truck already there .
But why get technical right?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Another waste of tax dollars for us New york residents...We just got a huge tax increase on cigarettes, I think a pack is now around 7 dollars and some odd cents. Probably more in NYC. Plus Sales tax is 9%, Can't wait to see how much more this increases taxes for us.

In my opinion we need to quit acting like we are afraid, we are giving away to many liberties for securities, exactly what Thomas Jefferson said would end freedom.

I hope this was voted on by residents.

-Kdial1

new topics

top topics

join