It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Reports Attacks Continue as Russia's Medvedev Orders Halt to Military Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Georgia Reports Attacks Continue as Russia's Medvedev Orders Halt to Military Action"

www.foxnews.com

Georgian officials insisted that Russia has continued the bombings despite the pledge. And hours before the Russian order, Georgian officials said Russian jets targeted government offices and an outdoor market in the crossroads city of Gori, killing six.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Neocons Calling For Confrontation With Moscow
Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada In Persian Gulf
Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If it is the Georgians’ intention is to enflame relations between the US and Russia, then this claim of attacks after a cease-fire would be the logical move. Also I think most of the folks monitoring the situation and posting here on ATS feel that this situation is far from over. Something doesn’t feel right about the quickness of a ceasefire. I would not be surprised if Russia is still bombing.

The situation is still quite volatile and we may not know for some time (if ever) who truly fired first shot and if this cease fire was broken and by whom.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on (8/12/08) by AllSeeingI]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Who is running the show, Medvedev or Putin, Bush or Cheney?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Surprised nobody has noticed it was Putin's puppy, Medvedev, who has no power without Putin's blessing, that called the ceasefire, and not Putin himself. Tells me that this was just a subversion to make the Georgians put their guns down allowing Putin's death forces some easy target practice on their march towards the capital.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Just as I said in the other forum - bombing goes on, destroying whatever they hit.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The aim of bombing is to make Georgia shoot back so that russia could say that Georgia is still attacking... and russia could continue with the invasion into Georgia proper with a new mandate of pacifying the militarists....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
oops, sorry - I duplicated your thread.

The question I asked in mine was how much does the fact that this comes from what some refer to as 'FAUX' news impact it's validity. I mean these are claims and denials.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Almost 100% of the "news" (in North America) about Georgia is pro-Georgia. They are trying to get the American people on the initial aggressors side, and so far, it's working. A lot of anti-Russia propaganda has been shown on TV, in newspapers, and even in this forum... CNN even showed what they called Gori had been destroyed by Russia, when in reality it is (and was) Tskhinvali, destroyed by Georgia.

I wouldn't trust (almost) any Western mainstream media. I live in Canada, btw. I'm not Russian, too (at least, I don't think I am).

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And you KNOW all these western reports to be a lie how exactly? By just falling victim to the propaganda of the other side.

top topics

join