It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor the Time Traveller is definitely a Hoax!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Didn't John Titor predict that there would be no olympic games after 2004. Well I did take into account that he meant the Summer Olympics and not the Winter Olympics. And now with the Beijing Olympics perfectly under way we can now say that John Titor is definitely a fake.

What are your belief? Was he misinterpreted again over this?

This was clearly stated in his forum posts

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

And he tried to pull the "this timeline is similar to my own but not quite. So maybe things will turn out differently" line of BS.

Agreed, he has missed on too much. Nice prank.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I would love a john titor believer to comment on this thread to try and debunk this. Just need confirmation on a second opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
''John Titor the Time Traveller is definitely a Hoax!''

Was there ever any doubt the story is a hoax? Seriously, the only people who believe what JT says is true are people who completely suspend all reason and logic. The worst and only kind of argument JT believers use is the ''prove it's not true'' arguement, which as we know is the most piss poor form of defense known to mankind. I see it all the time on this site and others, ''Prove God DOESN'T exist, prove aliens DON'T exist'' etc etc etc, there are still lots of people who do not realise that it's the claimant's responsibility to back up what they say, especially when the claim is totally out of this world.

Once again, anyone who has to resort to the use of ''prove it DOESN'T exist'' has automatically lost their argument.

In MOST cases of this nature absence of proof does indeed equal proof of absence.

-edit-If you do believe in JT's story then I'm afraid you are susceptible to cults.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Corum]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I just read about John Titor. The fact is, it is really horrible for some people with work...family...peers...etc, it is often unbarable to make it through the day not being able to cognitively sort emotions/relations/whatever. Regardless of profoundly defying reason and logic on a massive scale, does not make someone wrong. Poeple seek escape; people have hope for something else. However, when a need to validate beyond our understanding, lashing out with redundant claims that you cannot logically explain to them why they are wrong, when they could not vailidate information likewise, is the same as having a double negative...no one will win.

Personally, I have a belief/theory that is somewhat beyond logic...do I bring it up to anyone questioning why they are unable to prove me wrong, NO. The fact is I am working on the theory, and making progress. I would be a sad person the bring other people in on something I cannot explain to be true, regardless of the logic, without first providing something "tangable" for people to work with.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If John Titor was a time traveler then who's to say he's the only one? Maybe time travelers have come after or before he came and fixed things or changed them. Who knows, there's still no proof either way and never will be. Times can change in an instant and we will never know. I think it's all BS, but I'm open to theories and opinions others have about John Titor.

top topics

join