It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Thoughtforms' Could Destroy the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

His name is actually goflowolfog

www.philhine.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

YES that's him the skateboarding gold jewelery wearing cool cat formed to help you along your way in a traffic jam. thanks for the reminder

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Originally posted by smoke screen
I was just going to post a thread similar to yours in regards to our current financial situation and the culmination of a global economy.

Regarding this, everytime I turn on the news, it seems that the media is dedicating huge amounts of energy towards convincing us how bad our economic situation is. In this way, the media is in a highly priveleged position of power in terms of causing mass-thoughtforms.

Originally posted by psychedeliack
So we could create what we dont want, experience it, and transcend it...just a learning process...we are merely children reaching adolescence, our parents come in from time to time to sit amongst us and disperse enlightening insights...

I agree. I think the purpose of life is for us to learn to harness the power of our minds. The way we learn this is to be thrown into an existence where we are able to mould reality using thoughtforms.

Originally posted by Syntax123
Why didn't these thoughtforms cause the Y2K prediction to become true? Or the webbot predictions? Or the Blossom Goodchild predictions? Or the FEMA camp round up predictions? Or the countless other failed predictions?

Good questions. Like Nohup says below, the effectiveness of thoughtforms is unstable because of the sheer number of conflicting views and perspectives. For every person who feared Y2K, there was another who actively refused to believe in such nonsense. Also, I'd suggest that even the people who chose to believe in - for example - Blossom Goodchild were only mildly certain of her predictions whereas something like 2012 has had centuries of absolute certainty due to its religiousness. Still, I'm not going to say 2012 is definitely going to happen, only that if it does, it may be in large part due to the absolute belief in it. Thoughtforms of an apocalyptic scale require unimaginable amounts of concentrated energy in their favour. They are not a certainty and may manifest in less-direct ways than we can imagine, for all our naivety.

Originally posted by Nohup
they are very unstable in "normal" reality because while your consciousness might want to bring them into being, the consciousness of the guy down the street is working just as hard to keep reality status quo.

Yes, true. But as more and more people become disenchanted with the status quo, the more incredible possibilities grow in potency. Perhaps it is the balance of pro-status-quo-ers and anti-status-quo-ers that keeps the world in harmonius balance - much like religious types believe in the balance of good and evil, and Heathens believe in the balance between fire and ice.

Another one:

What about a large amount of people constantly thinking that we are near the end times due to their religion? With every generation of Christians, there is a large amount of people who genuinely believe that the world will end soon. This was especially prominent during times like the dark ages. If those thought forms weren't/aren't enough to end the world, then I doubt any thoughtform that is currently being perpetuated is strong enough to end the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What about a large amount of people constantly thinking that we are near the end times due to their religion? With every generation of Christians, there is a large amount of people who genuinely believe that the world will end soon. This was especially prominent during times like the dark ages. If those thought forms weren't/aren't enough to end the world, then I doubt any thoughtform that is currently being perpetuated is strong enough to end the world.

Yeah for sure, it'd seem like a prime candidate. However, I won't pretend to know how predictable thoughtforms are. A religion whose adherents all believe rapture is imminent could be cancelled out by the number of people who think said religion is full of BS. Personally, I think 2012 is a stronger thoughtform because of how old and widespread the tradition predicting it is. I think there are less people who oppose South (and North) American wisdom traditions than there are people who oppose, say, Christianity. But like I said, very difficult to measure thoughtforms due to the huge number of variables.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Yeah for sure, it'd seem like a prime candidate. However, I won't pretend to know how predictable thoughtforms are. A religion whose adherents all believe rapture is imminent could be cancelled out by the number of people who think said religion is full of BS. Personally, I think 2012 is a stronger thoughtform because of how old and widespread the tradition predicting it is. I think there are less people who oppose South (and North) American wisdom traditions than there are people who oppose, say, Christianity. But like I said, very difficult to measure thoughtforms due to the huge number of variables.

Well, I know that I can tell you I think the predictions are a crock of #.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thoughtforms don't just destroy, they also build. The physical plane may be being destroyed, but people through thoughtforms could possibly save their souls.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
Thoughtforms don't just destroy, they also build. The physical plane may be being destroyed, but people through thoughtforms could possibly save their souls.

Very true. The reason I made this thread was because traditionally, in the occult world, when people think of 'thoughtforms' they think of magick purposefully conducted to affect a positive change, or occassionally to affect someone negatively. I'm suggesting that thoughtforms can develop through the accidental focus of collective thought - particularly by people who don't know or believe in thoughtforms.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

k i have thought long and hard about this and havent been able to put it into words as well as you have, but my thoughts were about evolution of the world, you see the world has evolved as well as man kind has, but see we as mankind have evolved by the simple fact we didnt need an organ and our sub conscience
got rid of it, or created one that would make us a stronger person, so why is it that PLANTS too evolved with us, they dont have a mind of their own to say we dont need this, so lets evolve, could we as a collective conscience have manipulated the world around us? i think that we can, just like if we focus so much on one thing, wherther or not it was gonna happen, it happens, why? because that is what all of our energy was focused on and that is what you have created bringing it forth into the physical realm along with ourselves, not just the conscious one....

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellie

I don't have all the answers, but I'd have to say that plants are included in our collective conscience. We created this rich eco-system where each organism acts as a cog in the grand machine. We may not all understand the importance of certain organisms to our own journey through this life, and perhaps they have no relevance other than to learn for themselves, but we are all part of a greater design that we can't contemplate the totality of down here from our limited perspective. According to my personal belief system, the meaning of life is for our soul to learn. We are incarnated here in a specific shell to experience a specific set of events which will strengthen our eternal soul and give it a rounded character. Perhaps incarnation as a plant teaches us something specific that incarnation as a human cannot. Hope what I wrote is relevant to what you were pondering.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join