It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Thoughtforms' Could Destroy the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

A thoughtform is a manifestation of mental energy, also known as a 'tulpa' in Tibetan mysticism. The concept of thoughtforms is related to the Western philosophy and practice of magick.

Thoughtforms according to Wikipedia

Numerous ancient traditions, as well as modern occult magickal practices are based around the concept of 'Thoughtforms'. The core belief common to all these traditions is that we are comprised of a spiritual being and a material being. Earthly occurances are the material projections of our spiritual mind. In short, with enough focus, intent and determination, the universe can manifest our thoughts in the physical realm. Occultists use this theory to explain many things - like, for example, the sightings of mythical creatures. Furthermore, it is often believed that the combined thoughtforms of many people strengthen the effectiveness of an earthly projection. This is why occultists and other modern magick practitioners work in groups.

Atheists and other spiritual-skeptics can unwittingly send thoughtforms but without the same focus and intent as believers who are doing so deliberately, the effectiveness is diminished. But what if a group of non-believers just so happened to be imagining the same future event? The combined strength of their (individually weak) thoughtforms then becomes incredibly potent.

Now let's take 2012 as an example. Put aside your opinions on whether the 2012 prophecy is plausible or not for a moment, because where thoughtforms are concerned, it does not matter whether it was genuine or not. All that matters is that millions of people worldwide have heard about the 2012 prophecy and have felt concerned - even if just for a moment. Consider the strength of that unintentional, massive, global combined thoughform. Whether 2012 was always going to come to pass is irrelevant. What matters is that the myth could become a reality through thoughtforms.

Similarly, this applies to other widely-pondered conspiracies; the NWO, aliens, even war. You name it! If thoughtforms are real, big events are already being forged by the universe for projection into our perceived world. There's nothing we can do to stop it. This is the positive and negative aspect of the hive-mind theory.

So ATS'ers and Conspiracy Theorists - be careful what you wish for

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Oeh! You hit the nail on the head so hard it just went through the table, the floor and it is now stuck in 5 feet of planet earth.

I made a similar topic a while ago that only covered the 2012 thing with the title 'Stop pushing for the endtimes!' With the same sentiment. If the Universe really works on a 'you ask, we supply' base without any prejudice we are basicly collectively responsible for the whole mess we are in eventhough we are not personally making the plans for killing off and subjecting the whole planet we did invite them to go ahead and plan the thing on a more esoteric plane of existence.

Maybe the lesson being teached at the moment is not blaming others for the mess we are in even if it seems obvious who is doing it. And the same with 2012 if it turns out to be a universal thing we cannot do anything about other than weathering the storm.

Anyway, great topic. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
I made a similar topic a while ago that only covered the 2012 thing with the title 'Stop pushing for the endtimes!' With the same sentiment. If the Universe really works on a 'you ask, we supply' base without any prejudice we are basicly collectively responsible for the whole mess we are in eventhough we are not personally making the plans for killing off and subjecting the whole planet we did invite them to go ahead and plan the thing on a more esoteric plane of existence.
I'm all for "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will." But do you really think the general population is going to be as concerned with 2012 as they were about 2000? We seemed to ride that one out none-the-worse for wear...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

I'm all for "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will." But do you really think the general population is going to be as concerned with 2012 as they were about 2000? We seemed to ride that one out none-the-worse for wear...

Not trying to make this into another 2012 thread specifically because it is much broader than that but the main difference with the Y2k scare and this thing is the duration of existence of the date. the Y2k had a few years at most of attention, agreed it get a lot of attention but the 2012 thing is on it's 3th decade of culminating attention and it is getting it from the more spiritually inclined people and of late from the religious praying people. Giving their attention to the whole thing while praying/meditating and strenghtening the intention. So yeah i do think we will have an effect on the 2012 thing and i just hope the lovey duffy hippy kind of prediction wins out in the end

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the words of support Harman.

the Y2k had a few years at most of attention, agreed it get a lot of attention but the 2012 thing is on it's 3th decade of culminating attention and it is getting it from the more spiritually inclined people and of late from the religious praying people.

If you believe that ancient legacies have been preserved through secret societies since antiquity, then it's a hell of a lot more than three decades that the 2012 prophecy has burderned people's minds. But you're right in saying that it has more recently become a more widespread distraction.

I'd like to point out that I'm not saying 2012 will be the end of the world. Thoughtforms are not easily manifested and if the imagination of every participant conflicts and confuses the overall result, it may not happen. All I'm suggesting is that we are the ones who build our own reality and our very thoughts may be responsible for future catastrophes if and when they occur.

I really hope we can resist turning this thread into another '2012-yes-2012-no' thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
I really hope we can resist turning this thread into another '2012-yes-2012-no' thread.

That's not where I was going with it at all. I'm just saying there was a LOT of fear & panic about Y2K, and if said FUD was not enough to enable negative change... well the sheer number of people who are even AWARE of 2012 is going to be a lot less than were aware of Y2K. Awareness, conscience, will... these are the things that tend to enable change in the world. (Not to say you couldn't affect change un- or sub-consciously, but as you say, without focus it's a lot harder...)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
Thanks for the words of support Harman.

You are more then welcome, thanks for bringing this topic into reality

I'd like to point out that I'm not saying 2012 will be the end of the world. Thoughtforms are not easily manifested and if the imagination of every participant conflicts and confuses the overall result, it may not happen. All I'm suggesting is that we are the ones who build our own reality and our very thoughts may be responsible for future catastrophes if and when they occur.

Well, not even taking 2012 specifically into account i do see a lot of people on a 'waiting stance' and 'waking up' about certain aspects of (percieved) reality like there has been some critical mass thing building up and it has been released into our subconscious. People that were oblivious to the posibility that this relative safety we life in now is temporary and something is up, but what? Almost nobody knows. They are more open to the conspiratorial side of reality, people left and right of me are suddenly into meditation, alternative medicin and other alternative stuff. You can see that it is beginning to grab hold because of the fact that the commercials are jumping on the new development. Look at Nike!.

So, even though most people do not know WHAT is going on they at least know on a subconscious level that there is SOMETHING going on. And what about those people that feel something is going on but without any direction, is that raw potential power to be used by the prevelant toughtform at the moment of 'truth'? If 20% (think they) know what is up and 80% feel something is up will the winning tought 'get the prize'?

Something to ponder about maybe?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
That's not where I was going with it at all. I'm just saying there was a LOT of fear & panic about Y2K, and if said FUD was not enough to enable negative change... well the sheer number of people who are even AWARE of 2012 is going to be a lot less than were aware of Y2K. Awareness, conscience, will... these are the things that tend to enable change in the world. (Not to say you couldn't affect change un- or sub-consciously, but as you say, without focus it's a lot harder...)

Apologies for misreading you there Josh. The difference is that Y2K was a post-technological fear, whereas 2012 has marked the end of an age for thousands of years. That's thousands of years worth of thoughtforms, not to mention the enhanced effort in expressing the date 2012 (through the building of monuments etc, which helps to focus the thoughtform - like a ritual) versus a couple of decades worth of apprehension over the turning of the millenium. Perhaps fewer are aware of 2012 than Y2K, but those who are know how much more tangeable and significant 2012 is than Y2K.

So, even though most people do not know WHAT is going on they at least know on a subconscious level that there is SOMETHING going on. And what about those people that feel something is going on but without any direction, is that raw potential power to be used by the prevelant toughtform at the moment of 'truth'? If 20% (think they) know what is up and 80% feel something is up will the winning tought 'get the prize'?

Something to ponder about maybe?

Interesting. You're right about the growing interest in spirituality. I'd like to think that's to do with our transition from the age of pisces to that of aquarius (away from constricting forms of religion to new/ancient spirituality). Thoughtforms do not require the deliberation of each individual 'sender'. I believe many people who do not even know or believe in thoughtforms will contribute their fears and apprehensions to the same mass-thoughtform that others who do know and believe in thoughtforms are forging with their spiritual minds.

I don't think this topic needs to become particularly concerned with spirituality and 'new-age' issues. I posted it in the Metaphysics section because many non-spiritual people are beginning to consider the power of thought as an energy.

If thoughtforms forge reality, our best possible hope for a bright future is for every single one of us to dedicate our minds and spirits to positivity and achievement rather than dwelling on fears and apprehensions. Some conspiracies and predictions are difficult to forget though.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is a very interesting theory. I must say, im very new to all these consciousness theories and their correlations to world events, but i think i can see how it could theoretically work.

Once again, interesting theory.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I have also been thinking about this lately. What if just our thoughts of conspiracies like the creation of a New World Order over the years have assisted in its creation and implementation? I was just going to post a thread similar to yours in regards to our current financial situation and the culmination of a global economy. Kind of like a “laws of attraction” type situation concerning the beliefs or expectations of various CT’s, giving power to speculative theories and making them reality. Great thread. It could easily apply to many of today's current events.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thus exactly why I tell everyone I know(and dont know) about 2012, I write it on bathroom stall walls(2012 r u ready?), bulliten boards at supermarkets, graffiti it here and there, something will happen, who knows and who cares what, just throw youre hands up in the air for the ride and enjoy living experience! CRITICAL MASS!
2012 outweighs Y2K by a long shot, after all, how many of us knew about 2012 before y2k, A LOT A LOT.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smoke screen
reply to post by Cythraul

I have also been thinking about this lately. What if just our thoughts of conspiracies like the creation of a New World Order over the years have assisted in its creation and implementation?

It did, but you know why? So we could create what we dont want, experience it, and transcend it...just a learning process...we are merely children reaching adolescence, our parents come in from time to time to sit amongst us and disperse enlightening insights... we are in the dimension where things seem solid, or hard, thus we learn the hard way, not saying we ALL do, just saying enough of us do to create these things to learn from. once we all figure it out, then we can all move to the next step, some have moved to these next steps, but what they understand in the next step, humbles them so deeply, that they play along with the rest of us and speak with confusing tongue until we inevitably get it, and realize what they were saying was not confusing at all, they were just looking at reality from the next step...
edit:atrocious spelling

[edit on 10/17/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The basic problem, however, with tulpas is that they take an awful lot of energy to generate, and they are very unstable in "normal" reality because while your consciousness might want to bring them into being, the consciousness of the guy down the street is working just as hard to keep reality status quo.

Not just the guy down the street, either. Every living thing, from the bacteria on your toothbrush, to the trees, to cats, to other people, to everything. All these conscious beings work hard to keep reality stable and consistent, and will make it very difficult for any significant changes to be made.

That being said, UFOs, Bigfoot, and various water monsters might be generated by a social subconscious desire that overrides conscious, rational thought. Not so much psychic energy (although that may also be at work), but more like a subconscious "agreement" among people to let certain things exist.

Biologist Rupert Sheldrake has done a bit of hypothesizing and experimenting with "morphic fields," as a mechanism by which the stuff of our imaginations might become real. The work is very preliminary, of course. Most contemporary science still likens it to "magic."

Personally, I like to consider this notion as a possible way to explain a lot of what the "Intelligent Design" folks like to give credit to "God" for. Creation of the universe, fortunate mutations that allow survival in dire evironments, etc. Once you combine the notion of conscious (or subconscious) manipulation of energy/matter, with the idea that time doesn't necessarily flow in only one direction, it opens up a lot of fresh possibilities.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That means that there could be someone who doesn't know about "thoughtforms" and has the ability alone to project, say like a group would but on his/her own.

If this is real it would be incredible to study this "thoughtforms" and test it in a group, not meaning like an occult but just for experimentational purposes.

I'm gonna see what i can find about it!

Also this could be what we see as reality. Someone or a higher being controlling everything we see, hear, feel and think. But us ourselves have the ability so we can control what we do in this reality...

Maybe the mind boggles after thinking outside the box on topics like this!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nice topic...

There is a major difference between thought forms and the direction that we as individuals, or collectively can take because of what we "wish" for, or "reality" if we want to call it that.

Thought forms are just that: incipient forms, created and given meaning through thought and mental energy, coming from a single individual or many, depending on the thought form at hand.

That type of form will have a limited reality however, where its "independent" objective reality did not come from consciousness itself, but instead grew as it was energized by the very people who created it or perpetuate with their own belief.

The actual becoming of those thought forms into "material" form, or actual manifestation, as would be an event in the future, follows even more rules than the thought form itself, and would also have to be "agreed" upon by those who would experience it eventually (the world, humanity in this case).
In other words, there are deeper levels at work in "reality" (as we understand it) creation, that go beyond the mere thought elaborations, but in some senses they can originate from our thoughts.

A way to express the difference would be that while there is no denying that there are objectively recorded collective experiences, such as being here today, eating lunch, or watching a movie, the thought form experience CAN BE DENIED by those who do not wish to "participate" in its furthering, or do not give it validity by expressing belief in it.

As I have stated other times in other threads in ATS, it is very important however, that people DO CHOOSE to be conscious, deliberate and a lot more careful of what they think and energize with their thoughts and desires, because although thought forms at the beginning are just that, they CAN BECOME collective reality if given enough energy or attention, and THIS is what must be understood, as t least theoretically, to avoid some future problems, as stated by the OP.

Will clarify if needed.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
With this theory, there is no doubt God exists, though he is probably mangled and disfigured. With all of the different interpretations, thoughts, opinions, perspectives, and views on God, I wonder what he would look like.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Why didn't these thoughtforms cause the Y2K prediction to become true? Or the webbot predictions? Or the Blossom Goodchild predictions? Or the FEMA camp round up predictions? Or the countless other failed predictions?

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Syntax123]

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Syntax123]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Syntax123

When you think about those that you mention like Y2K and other predictions most of them were in their adolescence in comparison to the NWO which has been being discussed and public knowledge for generations. Maybe not enough people really truly believed them. Or there just where not old enough to create the type of energy needed to manifest or manipulate our perception of them. Like people looking up into space and imagining what is past the stars. Mankind I am sure since the conception of our species has been wondering and imagining that. Maybe not just knowing about something or thinking about it but actually believing it for generations, centuries even; could have the power to make something change or manifest itself. Perhaps our physical reality evolves into what we collectively as a whole manifested in our minds over the ages.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by smoke screen]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by smoke screen
I was just going to post a thread similar to yours in regards to our current financial situation and the culmination of a global economy.

Regarding this, everytime I turn on the news, it seems that the media is dedicating huge amounts of energy towards convincing us how bad our economic situation is. In this way, the media is in a highly priveleged position of power in terms of causing mass-thoughtforms.

Originally posted by psychedeliack
So we could create what we dont want, experience it, and transcend it...just a learning process...we are merely children reaching adolescence, our parents come in from time to time to sit amongst us and disperse enlightening insights...

I agree. I think the purpose of life is for us to learn to harness the power of our minds. The way we learn this is to be thrown into an existence where we are able to mould reality using thoughtforms.

Originally posted by Syntax123
Why didn't these thoughtforms cause the Y2K prediction to become true? Or the webbot predictions? Or the Blossom Goodchild predictions? Or the FEMA camp round up predictions? Or the countless other failed predictions?

Good questions. Like Nohup says below, the effectiveness of thoughtforms is unstable because of the sheer number of conflicting views and perspectives. For every person who feared Y2K, there was another who actively refused to believe in such nonsense. Also, I'd suggest that even the people who chose to believe in - for example - Blossom Goodchild were only mildly certain of her predictions whereas something like 2012 has had centuries of absolute certainty due to its religiousness. Still, I'm not going to say 2012 is definitely going to happen, only that if it does, it may be in large part due to the absolute belief in it. Thoughtforms of an apocalyptic scale require unimaginable amounts of concentrated energy in their favour. They are not a certainty and may manifest in less-direct ways than we can imagine, for all our naivety.

Originally posted by Nohup
they are very unstable in "normal" reality because while your consciousness might want to bring them into being, the consciousness of the guy down the street is working just as hard to keep reality status quo.

Yes, true. But as more and more people become disenchanted with the status quo, the more incredible possibilities grow in potency. Perhaps it is the balance of pro-status-quo-ers and anti-status-quo-ers that keeps the world in harmonius balance - much like religious types believe in the balance of good and evil, and Heathens believe in the balance between fire and ice.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
ah yes i always think of that cat on a skateboard "GOFLOG" when it comes to thoughtforms for those who don't know about goflog well this cat is a thoughtform that is summoned up in the event of a traffic jam, use goflog and you will be on your way before you no it! 2012 as a thoughtform is an interesting one indeed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join